Always The Same Blue Sky... (A unique seaside story!)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
crimsonnight
Veteran

Always The Same Blue Sky... (A unique seaside story!)

#1 Post by crimsonnight »

After a long time working on it and a lot of help from the community, I'm very proud to present the story-focused visual novel, Always The Same Blue Sky...
http://alwaysthesamebluesky.com/
http://gumroad.com/crimsonnight
To say thanks for everyone's help, enter the exclusive discount code 'renpy' at checkout

Always The Same Blue Sky... is an enchanting visual novel like no other. A gripping fantastical love story about two young souls, each struggling to make sense of the world in their own way. Complemented by breathtaking artwork and an addictive soundtrack, you can't afford to miss this amalgamation of young talent!

Due to mysterious circumstances you have been sent to finish studying on a remote Mediterranean island. Sure you're used to moving around, but even you haven't experienced an island quite like this... a girl quite like Kira. In an already niche genre of storytelling, Always The Same Blue Sky stands out as a truly unique, seaside adventure; a timeless tale of love, mystery and humanity.

I sincerely hope you all get transported to our world and enjoy it!

Official Trailer: http://youtu.be/rN1L9Z6DIus
Last edited by crimsonnight on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 15 times in total.
alwaysthesamebluesky.com

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

Re: Always The Same Blue Sky... (A unique seaside story!)

#2 Post by Talann »

The art, looks beautiful just by looking at your website, and it does sound like an interesting story.
Though, unfortunately, the game is not available in my country - so I cannot buy it.
Is there a demo? It would still be good to see what the game at least looks like.

crimsonnight
Veteran

#3 Post by crimsonnight »

There's a demo available on the product page :)
Thanks a lot for your interest! If you're interested in reading the rest of the story after the demo, PM me and I'd be more than happy to work something out :)
alwaysthesamebluesky.com

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#4 Post by distorsion »

This looks like a very pretty game, but I was hoping to have a bit more detail to what it's about, such as the concept and characters before I consider buying?
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

ixWishing
Veteran

#5 Post by ixWishing »

distorsion wrote:This looks like a very pretty game, but I was hoping to have a bit more detail to what it's about, such as the concept and characters before I consider buying?
Agreed! I was looking around on the site, but I only skimmed through and saw a few screenshots, but yeah.
May I second this? I'd be really helpful to add the story's general plot somewhere on the sites you provided, or on your first post about the game in here ^^.
Last edited by ixWishing on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Everlasting Dreams ;

crimsonnight
Veteran

#6 Post by crimsonnight »

I'll write an extended blurb - already very good feedback, I supposed it's been my life for such a while now I sort of just assumed everyone else knew what it was :p give me 5 mins and I'll update the opening post :)
alwaysthesamebluesky.com

suikojay
Regular

#7 Post by suikojay »

Has anyone been able to download the demo? Every time I try, it takes me to "Google Drive," is that what it's supposed to do?

crimsonnight
Veteran

#8 Post by crimsonnight »

What do you think of the description, is it enough? Sorry, just seen the demo link's not working for some reason - give me a minute to sort that out :)

*EDIT* Sorted, sorry about that!
alwaysthesamebluesky.com

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#9 Post by merdeamour »

How about a few screenshots, for those people who haven't seen your WiP thread here? (: (Like me haha)
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

crimsonnight
Veteran

#10 Post by crimsonnight »

i'll see what I can do - there are quite a lot on the main site in the meantime :)

*EDIT* updated as requested ;)
alwaysthesamebluesky.com

suikojay
Regular

#11 Post by suikojay »

Well, I got thru the demo! I definitely liked what I saw! It seems to be well-written so far. The backgrounds are really gorgeous and beautiful. I like the blinking eyes of Kira, too.

I do want to mention about the language though! It sounds... Britishy, lol. I'm not used to some of the words that were used in the game like "gormlessly" and "snigger" (I had to look both these words up, lol), but it's fine though. :mrgreen:

Also, I was wondering, but can u say how long of a game this is?

Thx!
Last edited by suikojay on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

crimsonnight
Veteran

#12 Post by crimsonnight »

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

Um, I'd guess the demo ends at roughly a quarter of the way through the story
alwaysthesamebluesky.com

NoJoker
Regular
Completed: Sleepless Night series, Soulmates, TIWIWTD, TKABS
Projects: Legend of the Silver Fox, Sleepless Night 3
Deviantart: Massimow
itch: massimow
Discord: Massimo#3596

#13 Post by NoJoker »

Here are my thoughts on the game:
I really liked the novel. It leaves room for interpretation and I think the ending was really metaphorical. I love the language, it was really special and I had fun translating it into German :)

I also liked the use of the sparkle effects; the art was really great, even though Kira's body looked a bit distorted in some of the CGs (or maybe that's just me). The music was good for the scenes and I especially liked the track at the end. Sometimes I felt like the protagonist and I had some things in common, but maybe the overall story was a bit too short. I'd love to know more about him, since there are some things that are left unanswered.

In the beginning, I enjoyed the island atmosphere and the light-hearted "slice of life" kind of novel, but I think you did a good job to achieve a balance between mystery elements, romance, and yeah those "slice of life" moments. (I hope this makes sense^^)
All things considered, it's a nice visual novel and the writing is superb.

suikojay
Regular

#14 Post by suikojay »

Just got thru the game just now, and while it was a bit shorter than I would've preferred, I still really liked it! As I had said before, but to reiterate, a lot of the background images were really beautiful, vivid and just... full of life! I liked the interactive sparkles as well - then again, I like anything that's interactive, since it gives the game more life to it, imo. Kira, for the most part, I thought was drawn very beautifully, too.

I enjoyed the music as well, thought it was very fitting to the scenes. The story itself, I thought, was very well written and descriptive. Definitely top-notch stuff in that respect! Though, I found a couple misspelled words, but nothing that was too difficult to figure out (a spellchecker program would help eliminate those).
There were a couple parts that seemed a little bit unrealistic to me, though. The parts where Kira, and then shortly after, the main male protagonist, leave the classroom without so much as a word from the teacher or anyone. Not a big deal, but just came off as a bit odd to me, I guess, since I know I could never get away with that in grade school (or high school), lol.
I am a bit curious about that dream that the main protagonist had at the beginning of the game. Was it just supposed to show the main character "meeting" (although it wasn't really meeting since it was just a dream) Kira, before she became human? Was it just supposed to represent Kira in one of her celestial forms?
Anyway, thx for the great game (I increased my British vocab a lot too with this game :lol: )! And any chance for a sequel or would u be willing to take ideas for one (although I get the feeling this is probably like a one-shot)? xD

crimsonnight
Veteran

#15 Post by crimsonnight »

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I'm over the moon that a lot of people are getting joy out of my work :)

I'd be interested to know what the misspelled words are as I've gone through it pretty meticulously ;)
Concerning your first point, they're both (uk) college age, I don't know how school systems are elsewhere, but over here after school stops being mandatory (16) teachers really take the attitude that pupils can do what they want with their time, as it's their own futures they're effecting

Well like a lot of the story, I wanted to leave it open to interpretation, but I took the view that Kira doesn't necessarily have to stay human the whole time, so with that in mind, yeah that was their first meeting, the moment she chose her target, and the first moment he/she was in awe of Kira
I wrote a sequel back when I wrote ATSBS, when I was around 16 (I also later worked on prequels), so it would need to be completely re-written, but if there's a demand for it then I'd absolutely love to further develop the ATSBS saga :)

A little sneak-peak for ya - I'm currently working on a mini-story that tackles one of the mysteries in the story as an unlockable extra for the first big update!
alwaysthesamebluesky.com