Sakralotus[Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Fantasy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Jason
Regular
Completed: Sierra Ops Episode 1 and 2, Rising Angels: Reborn (Some CGs)
Projects: Sierra Ops, Muv-Luv Kickstarter
Organization: Innomen Team

Sakralotus[Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Fantasy]

#1 Post by Jason »

[redacted because dark past. Sorry for the inconvenience LOL]
Last edited by Jason on Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Innomen Team Presents: Sierra Ops

We're a very small team of developers from all over the world, with most of the founding members in Philippines.

ROCKYIII
Regular

Re: Sakralotus[FREE][Fantasy Sci-Fi][TP shoot&hack&slash]

#2 Post by ROCKYIII »

Awesome work Jason! I love that paint brush style. It's a really great.

Jason
Regular

Re: Sakralotus[Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Fantasy]

#3 Post by Jason »

I need criticisms on the lore so far. If you have questions, just let me know and I'll fill in more details.
I've just updated it again after months and I know it lacks content on the latter parts but I'm a little curious how the story looks like from a different person's perspective. That's all, cheers!

We're a very small team of developers from all over the world, with most of the founding members in Philippines.

rabcor
Regular
Projects: None (Need a programmer?)
Organization: Cestarian Games

#4 Post by rabcor »

The artwork is great!

And the lore looks pretty good so far too!

I read all of it, and it's really interesting. I'd like to see more, my only comment would be that the time gap is pretty massive between 10,000 and 20,000 i.e. we don't even have recorded history back 10,000 years i think, all we've got beyond 3000 or 4000 years is all theories and speculation i think. If it were me i'd try to keep a story like this in a 5000 year range from start to finish (actually i'd probably go for 1000 or 2000). For example, what kind of cult lives for 10 thousand years, i don't even know of a cult that's lived for 1000 years, but that might just be me not doing much research on it. Massive organizations like governments and monarchies don't even live for that long.

But that's just me, if you want your story to happen over the duration of such an enormous time-frame then of course you can do that. But the risks i see involved is, say... do they all live in the same city? Every extra year is a chance for something to go wrong, but we have a city that's aged at least 3650 years, so it's still "possible", the other risk i see is environmental damages, weather changes... Such as what we're going through now, global warming. For example the snow age or just random tsunamis (tsunamis that have sunk entire cities, possibly even countries that we're unaware of).

The amount of energy to keep a city or "bastion" floating for 10,000 years is... well inconceivable by us at this time, we have a hard enough time just to fire rockets into space. But with that in mind like i said, there are so many things that could've gone wrong in 10,000 years, to have a time frame this big i think one needs a reason for it (that is, inserting a lt more lore in-between the lines, i'd try to have something at least for every 1000 years)

Jason
Regular

#5 Post by Jason »

Thank you for your input Rabcor, you're definitely spot on about the time gap being too huge. To be honest it was just a variable to determine the order of events, and as I was placing them I was giggling a bit because I'm just guessing the numbers and didn't actually put any thought (only the records close to the present time).

The information you provided regarding the realistic time frame definitely helps a lot. I've edited it now and added more information. I may have major typos since I'm rushing it during midnight. Thanks again for your time reading it!

rabcor
Regular
Projects: None (Need a programmer?)
Organization: Cestarian Games

#6 Post by rabcor »

"Traveling from one city to another at least requires a Drakeling"

That needs explanation, the Drakelings surely are an interesting development! I hope we'll see some important characters with key roles being Drakelings.

That's a much better time frame too, i can accept that a lot more easily, but shouldn't 2045 & 2049 be 3045 and 3049 (i.e. you've got 15 centuries from the first 1000 years which is another 1500 years)

Either way, your lore just went from good to better ^_^

If you make this and do it well, i imagine it would sell well (on Steam even, when you're halfway or more through development you could try to greenlight it) the demand for sci-fi is rising (look at all the space sims we're getting...)

I think it'll be pretty cool if this game heads in the direction which you seem to be taking, that is instead of living in the "post-apocalyptic" setting you get to see the world fall apart, i.e. witness the apocalypse and fight against it. I also have a friend named Shawn, if that name for the protagonist sticks i think he'll love this :lol: but then again, my name is Daniel 8)