FI: Interview [Platonic GxB/G][Comedy/Friendship] COMPLETED

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: FI: Interview [Platonic GxB/G] [Comedy/Friendship] Updat

#16 Post by Googaboga »

Another update :>. This time it was GUI.

Most of the characters have their emotions/second pose decided on but there are still a few more that need extra consideration. Still enough of them are figured out for emotions/poses to start coming along more easily. Most characters will have 4-5 emotions and all of them have two poses. So all together most characters will have 8-10 different combinations.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Googaboga »

The OP has been updated. Mayor Marisol's second pose and expression sheet have been added. Also two more questions were posted for people to answer (if they want) under the Question section.

Edit-

When it comes to writing things are going well. The word count hasn't changed very much since we are currently editing the 30,000 words already written and summarizing later scenes. So progress is still being made in that regard.
Last edited by Googaboga on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
In-Progress:
Released:

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by 15385bic »

i like V1 with the hair covering half his eyes~
looks good~

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#19 Post by Kyra10 »

I prefer V1~
Keep it up! :D

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Googaboga »

Thanks for your input 15385bic and Krya :>. The version that isn't going to be used will be removed with Update 5. The next update will probably happen sometime next week.
In-Progress:
Released:

SixOfSpades

#21 Post by SixOfSpades »

Hah, another game about interviewing! What a cool coincidence. I can really empathise with the protagonist having dreams of major news coverage, but still has to take the jobs she can get.

If it still matters, having the eye obscured behind the hair looks better. That 'transparent hair' look is hella 90s.

Out of curiosity, what's the game flow like in the interviews? Does it function like a central hub with the questions spidering off, or does the conversation branch as you go along it?

Rockett

#22 Post by Rockett »

Sounds interesting! I can't wait for the full game :)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Googaboga »

@SixOfSpades
Thanks for your input ^^.

Yep opinions about the hair styles are still being taken into consideration. Once it's been decided the version that isn't being used will be removed so as long as both versions are up it's cool if people give their two cents on it. Still I must say he'd probably take it as a compliment if someone said his hair looked "hella 90s" XD.

As for how the interview works it's closer to the former. The interview portion itself doesn't have much actual branching. You'll get to ask one of three questions and each individual Q&A is self contained and doesn't tend to bring up what was talked about in previous interview questions. So the interviewee will (normally) answer your question and depending on the question (and how chatty your interviewee is) they may prattle on a bit or go on different tangents. Then eventually Susan will reel the conversation back in and then you'll start the process over by selecting a new question.

The title is a bit misleading at this point since the interview section was reduced and simplified so that the other sections of the game could have a more equal role. Early in the development the interview portion was the focal point though (hence the name of the game). But I guess a more accurate main point of FI: Interview is to successfully complete the job you've been assigned rather than interviewing a character.

@Rockett
Great. I hope you'll enjoy it when it's finished :3
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Googaboga »

Okay so V2 was removed and won't be used. Thanks for everybody's input on that :D.

There isn't any new game art to show but there is some lovely art done of the characters by others :3.

Also I've got another new question. The next update will most likely be another expression sheet. But after that what would you like to see? It could be an expression sheet again, or one of the sprites that are only linearts could be finished (colored, shaded, etc), or the fifth interviewee could be revealed.
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Googaboga »

Updated again. Overzealous Guy's finished base sprite has been added to the front page, there is now an awesome Halloween themed picture of Mr. Grump done by PhoenixStardust, and some of the sections were changed a bit.

Also there isn't really a place for it on the front page but here is a little example of what the game looks like at different times of the day. Click for a bigger image:
[Not all characters will be seen at night. In some cases Susan leaves the island before night falls]

Mr. Grump's emotion sheet is coming next. After that the eighth update will probably include another finished sprite or the fifth interviewee (which has certainly been a long time coming >.>).
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Googaboga »

Mr. Grump's emotion sheet is up and some more wonderful art done by others was added to the character section :mrgreen:.

Also the interview portion of the game is about 3/4 done. If you're wondering there are 126 Q&As in total so it should be fun :].
[Some questions are used more than once but there are still plenty of different questions you'll get to ask.]

Update 8 will include Interviewee 5. Thank goodness 'XD. Aaand there won't be another huge gap between character reveals again because update 9 will include the last interviewee. It won't be long before all the characters have finally been added. Yay.
In-Progress:
Released:

SheerGlade
Regular
Projects: Essence
Deviantart: Shinkami

#27 Post by SheerGlade »

I got so excited once I looked over this thread...

The plot sounds so unique and fun, not to mention the art is WONDERFUL and the characters look great! Gotta say I'd be most interested to converse with Overzealous Guy because of Susan's description of his personality and Mr. Grump because...well, because, I confess, I have a weakness for tsundere-ish types. Any cranky guy, really XD I have a problem.

But I'm eagerly awaiting this. I know it will be fantastic!

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#28 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

Very lovely art! Although I agree with what merdeamour said on the previous page - the logo is a tad difficult to read. I think it is because the paper texture in the background is the same color as the wording? Maybe changing the color or adjusting the contrast on one or the either could fix it.

Anyway, you have made a ton of progress, so I look forward to the finalized version.

Honest Critique

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Googaboga »

@SheerGlade
Thank you very much ^v^. Oh nice. If those characters catch your interest I'm sure you'll be pleased because there are some fun conversations that come when Overzealous Guy and Mr. Grump are together at one point in a character path.

I hope it lives up to your expectations C:

@Green Glasses Girl
Thanks for the advice. I'll see if there is anything I can do :>. I can't promise anything though since that would mean I'd have to go back and work on the GUI in the game since it's already been added and I just want the GUI to be done XD.

I hope you enjoy the finished game. We'll try our best to get it out relatively soon.

And thank you both for your compliments on the art. I'm sure Izukwon and mapletaffy (the sprite and background/GUI artists respectively) really appreciate the praise :D.
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Googaboga »

Yay so the 5th interviewee's bio and sprite have been added to thread. Hooray ;v;.

The sixth interviewee is also ready to go but I figured I'd space those updates out just a little bit. However the finally interviewee will be added really soon :3.
In-Progress:
Released: