Swords of Edo [Bishoujo][Fantasy, Romance][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Dharker
Regular

Swords of Edo [Bishoujo][Fantasy, Romance][Demo]

#1 Post by Dharker »

Swords of Edo is an in-development Visual Novel game based on the Swords of Edo Graphic Novel series, following protagonist Asumi as she investigates a conspiracy at a martial arts academy. The final game may also feature a second storyline in the same academy following a male protagonist.

In the world of Edo, several young warriors have been appointed as Justicars, this gives them nearly unlimited power to investigate crimes and conspiracies, they can even meet out sentences and punishments as they see fit. In this visual novel, intelligence spies have suggested a terrorist organisation has links with a prestigious Academy for Samurai arts. Asumi has taken it upon herself to investigate by going undercover in the academy as a student.

The game will focus on a decision based multiple ending storyline with success and failure options available, as well as traditional good, bad, happy and twist endings. There will also be Bishoujo ecchi content and romance options within the game. Currently we have created a very basic prototype and are building the art assets for the game.

Other characters have also been developed such as Kaori and Kami shown in an above image. Finally we are also developing a female character named Sen:

Demo - Prototype

So far I have developed a very short Prototype of the game, it includes a lot of placeholder images and a standard text font at the moment, but it gives an indication of the games build and includes some of the latest images...

http://swordsofedo.com/gameprealpha/index.html

Graphic Novel

The game is based on the original graphic novel 'Swords of Edo' which is currently in production of issue 3 of the first volume in the series:

Development

The development of the game is due to last the rest of the year, with us opening up the floodgates to alpha testing in about 4-6 weeks time. During alpha testing we will gradually add new sections of the story and CG scenes as they are completed by our artists. Once the main storyline has been developed we will move into beta testing where we will develop a CG based Ecchi battle system for inclusion. We aim to release later in the year.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ajt ... novel-game

We currently have a Kickstarter campaign running for the game which has already exceeded its primary target, which will pay for more CG assets, voice acting and a bigger musical score for the game. You can find even more details of the game on our kickstarter campaign. And I will do my best to keep this updated as development continues as well.

Comments and thoughts are always welcome.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Swords of Edo [Bishoujo][Fantasy, Romance][Demo]

#2 Post by fleet »

The link to your demo/prototype gives me a 404 not found error. :(
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by 15385bic »

Really like their outfits. *cough
Sen looks gorgeous as does the others.
Not sure about the genre but hey~
We will see how this progresses. May try reading that graphic novel maybe....

Adoxographist
Regular

#4 Post by Adoxographist »

Dang, these are some very cute ladies, and some very good looking art. *O*
I hope you fix the demo link soon, because I'm definitely interested in checking it out.

Armee
Veteran

#5 Post by Armee »

Ah I saw this quite often before. Didn'trealize you guys made it to LSF.
I'm accidently bump into the background artist dA and came to know this game concidentally.
I was impress by the art at first. I have read the graphic novel and take a slight interest in Kaori because of her fun personality. Hehe I'm hoping to see some more figurines

Dharker
Regular

#6 Post by Dharker »

Hi all,

Thank you for your interest sorry about the demo, I updated it very recently and the prototype link changed slightly as a result. Here is the latest link:

http://www.swordsofedo.com/soeprealpha1/index.html

The new version has a lot of the art replaced, but please bare in mind its still a prototype so the text etc is unedited at present. Also I removed the music from the prototype so that it loads faster. Its coded in html5 so will work on mac, pc or linux as long as your browser is html5 compatible.

@Armee: We currently have two figurines being prototyped before they hit kickstarter later in the year. :) One of the figurines is an 8" figurine.

The campaign has now exceeded the primary goal and two stretch goals so that we can include the battle system as well as some voice acting. We have a variety of new stretch goals listed on the campaign as well now...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ajt ... novel-game

Golden.Fleece
Regular
Projects: Maienzauber
Organization: Golden Fleece Creative Productions

#7 Post by Golden.Fleece »

Art looks fucking fantastic and promising - possibly even more so than the source material.

Great work and I look forward for the end product!

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#8 Post by pickle131 »

I just happened across this on KickStarter and noticed you had a thread here as well! Congrats on getting your main funding goal! C:
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

Dharker
Regular

#9 Post by Dharker »

Thanks, I am very happy with how the campaign has gone, now in the final week and we are very close to our next stretch goal, which will add extra bonuses to the physical copies of the game. And we are still in with a chance of reaching the £10k goal which will add a male protagonist storyline.