Event Gallery Error (Solved)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
chewpower
Regular

Event Gallery Error (Solved)

#1 Post by chewpower »

To illustrate the problem I'm having, for example, there are labels called story_1, story_2, ...so on, and they're implemented with the same kind chunk of code.

Code: Select all

label story_1:
    window hide None

show image_1 with dissolve
    $ renpy.pause(10)
    hide image_1 with dissolve

window show None
    return
The label serves as picture(or pictures) viewer in the game, and I call the label using "call story_1" like this

Code: Select all

label start:
    "This is the story."
    call story_1
    "And the story continues."
The reason i put them in labels is because I want to make some sort of picture/slides gallery which can be accessed from menus. I already made the screen, say "screen stories" and buttons, but which action should I use to call the label? Jump("story_1") and ShowMenu("story_1") won't redirect back to the "screen stories". The game flows to label start instead.

If you're confused please bear with me. Can anybody please help? Thank you so much.
Last edited by chewpower on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sorry if I'm too stupid, but I can't learn to walk on my own

Elmiwisa
Veteran

Re: Event Gallery Error

#2 Post by Elmiwisa »

Use Help("story_1").

chewpower
Regular

Re: Event Gallery Error

#3 Post by chewpower »

Oh my God it actually works! Never thought that it's possible, thank you so much!
I'm sorry if I'm too stupid, but I can't learn to walk on my own