Writer for Crafting Drama/Horror/Comedy/YOUR MOMEDY

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
ImmaDeker
Regular
Organization: "Glycerine" by Bush

Writer for Crafting Drama/Horror/Comedy/YOUR MOMEDY

#1 Post by ImmaDeker »

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=17571

Read this opening post, I'm basically hilarious.

So a long time ago I came to this site and offered writing services (for free!) and found myself in some groups. I'll be completely upfront: I bit off a bit more than I could chew at the time. Life circumstances got a tad shaky near the end and I feel like I didn't choose my groups well to begin with. One had an intense language barrier I thought I could handle but, quite frankly, just plum couldn't. The other situation didn't pan out for other reasons, relating to conflicting personalities on both sides. I can confidently say that my first dive into visual novels was terrible, BUT because of pretty overall mixed circumstances that arguably put both sides at fault.

But I'll go ahead and say I done fugged up because I should've been more careful with what I picked and, when push comes to shove, I can be a bit of abrasive douche. I only bring all this up because once upon a time I ran in guns blazing and nothing came of it. I feel like that's worth mentioning and, ultimately, that's on me. And with a lot of time away to pursue various opportunities, my skills in many areas, from writing, collaboration, and figuring out what to collaborate on, have improved quite a bit.

So I'd like to write for you. I'm a dude who speaks his mind, can be a bit stern, occasionally abrasive and sarcastic, but ultimately loves telling stories. And I'm down to tell YOUR story. Any genre's fine, but I'll admit up front (and based on previous experience, this must be emphasized), I'm not the biggest anime guy. That's not a huge influence for me and if you're expecting me to be well versed in yaoi shoujo or whatever, well, I'm probably not your guy.

Here're some writing samples and if you like what you see, please feel free to PM me. If not, hey man, that's cool.

WRITING SAMPLES

Xanadu, the story of the greatest picture ever produced traveling through generations.

I Hate Josh Baldwin, a sociopathic comedy take on Big Bad Beetleborgs.

Kobayashi, a surreal horror meta commentary on Power Rangers Samurai.

King ofthe Hill Z, a two chapter scripted panel-for-panel remake of Dragonball Z using King of the Hill characters.

No L, my rejected pitch for a Christmas movie that I may turn into a graphic novel because I just reread this and oh fuck, neat. Or maybe a visual novel?

SPD: The Last Patrol, a surreal horror parody of Power Rangers SPD I wrote to prank a Power Rangers actor.

For Ventara and Earth: Coming Out Story, a pretty personal and serious take on coming to grips with one's sexuality.

I can be contacted by PM and am willing to take contact to email or instant messenger. If you wanna collab, coolio-yo. If not, have a good day and good luck to all. I work for free.

Armee
Veteran

Re: Writer for Crafting Drama/Horror/Comedy/YOUR MOMEDY

#2 Post by Armee »

You're an interesting and hilarious man C:。ミ I'm sure you'll receive some good offers to work on very fine project as you pleased in the future. I'm working on my own stories right now and being busy like people do but once I'm free and feel confident about my drawing talents, I would be delightful if I can have the chance to work on a project for a person like you. ●▽● Keep the great work! It will be great to see your writing talent and sense of humor in some other stories