Corrupted [Mystery] [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
HUSm

Corrupted [Mystery] [GxB]

#1 Post by HUSm »

People die every day, but not like this, not in this town. Foxhills is just a small town where everyone know each other so well, a small town with a nice people and nice families, it's almost cliché. Nothing like this happened before, it's so out of ordinary.

But it's normal, right? Bad things always happen to good people.

"Yes, you shitty buggering fuck, I'm telling you this killer is a SERIAL KILLER YOU DICK"

Chloe

A detective. She's smart, sharp, and loyal. She's a good police but the feminist-policewoman-stereotype give her no chance to prove her ability. But not this time, when she got her hand on a big case. She'll not just let this chance slip away, she have to find the killer, no matter how.

"Chloe, I just wondering, do you have to swear all the time?"

Arthur

Chloe's partner. He's the only one who see Chloe's ability and talk to everyone for her to work on this case. He's a good guy, but she might admit that she always hear some co-workers whisper something bad about him when he walk pass them. And she know-- she think she know, that Arthur is hiding some really, really, bad secret from her.

"... I'll not discuss this with you"

Sean

A lover of the first victim. When she died, no one know yet this is the serial killer, and no one pay attention to her dead because they think it's absolutely normal for a prostitute to die in the dirty side of town. But Sean can swear to any souls that his lover will never done something like that, she's hardly let an opposite sex stare at her, let alone prostitute. But he couldn't explain either why did she went there, and why she dressed like that...

"No one is going to believe you, they believe me."

Lucas

A famous reporter from The Daily Catch. He's famous for revealing the unseen dirty secret of a big companies, a politicians and solve the unsolved crimes. He's also know as a man without fear. But somehow this Foxhills's crime make him seal his mouth shut. Why?

"I want to see my lawyer, immediately"

Gabriel

A suspect from third crime. He said he's done nothing wrong, but he doesn't even attempt to make people believe it. He look like he always afraid of something, and never said anything instead of "I want to see my lawyer" All evidence and witness point directly to him. And Gabriel still doesn't tell anything to protect himself.

"Oops, sorry I forgot I'm dead."

Jayden

A ghost of second victim. Chloe can't believe her eyes she's really seeing a ghost. She really want to believe it's just her hallucination, but it's just seems so real. However, he can't just arrest someone because a ghost told her so, it's stupid. No, Chole will never take his information serious, which is great, because he remember NOTHING about his dead.

"Are you sure you're real? You're just so perfect I'm sure I made you up in my mind"

Victor

An ordinary man in town. He's somewhat flirting with her. He's kind of sweet though, that type of guy who will be your high school crush. Everyone know Victor because he's born and live here, he's normal and harmless. But Chloe and him accidentally meet each other in places Victor shouldn't suppose to be. Maybe a little sneak on him wouldn't hurt...

...........................................................................................................

This is my first visual novel, and my first topic in this forum as well! I'm new here, and I want to know some feed back, what do you guys think? Is it interesting enough? Well, I'm all ears!

I'm hesitate to creating this topic, I don't know I should creating it in 'Ideas' or 'Work in Progress' but I guess I'll create here because it's not just an ideas, yet we not have much to show, but we're currently working on it! (the story is done, we're working on script and sprites, background and music would be pain in the arse but we're working on it! haha.)

I'll update our progress later : )

Here is my Artist, Sanakakun, visit her fanpage!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Corrupted [Mystery] [GxB]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Welcome to the forum!

First, let us know whether this is a straightforward visual novel with a story and occasional choices that can lead to different endings, or if you have some other plan in mind. Second, please state how many paths and endings do you intend to create.

Seems your main character is already an adult, and she has a forceful personality. I don't often see these two traits in stories with GxB pairings. They would be an interesting change of pace.

Writing her as "Miss Swears-a-Lot" could be a good choice for characterization. Just as long as it's not used just to bump the minimum age rating, or as a cheap version of mature content. (I have seen a few too many comics and video games with gratuitous swearing, gore, sex, and so on, all seemingly to assure the audience that "it's not just kids stuff, really!")

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#3 Post by fleet »

Congratulations on deciding to make a visual novel. I'm happy to see adult characters for a change.
I suggest you get an editor to check grammar.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

HUSm

#4 Post by HUSm »

Thank you fleet! : D I'm not good at English because it's not my mother language! but I already have an editor ^^ The language will be better when it's release.

Also, The art will be better too ^^

Example:

Thank you for your feedback fleet! : D

HUSm

#5 Post by HUSm »

Thank you gekiganwing! :)

This is the story with occasional choices that can lead to different endings. It's your choices to choose who is the killer.

If you caughut the 'real' killer and also play on one of the guy route, (like prove that Gabriel's innocent (if he's innocent : P) It will lead to happy ending. But if you doesn't caught the killer, it will lead to Bad Ending.

So, I intend to create 6 Good ending for all the guys, and 6 bad ending for them too.

And another 3 ending in case you caught or doesn't caught the killer, but didn't play on any guy route ^^

Also, I think I'll rate for her swearing. but there's no gore and sex. (maybe just mention)

Thank you for your feed back! We appreciat it a lot! :D Also, sorry for my language. I already have an editor now, it'll be better when it's release!

Aines445
Regular

#6 Post by Aines445 »

This looks interesting... mystery is a bit of a rare genre in terms of quality, so I hope this game's mystery will hold up. The characters seem really interesting, the protagonist in particular. I can already feel that I'll like her. I'm looking forward to this game!

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#7 Post by AntiquedFae »

My interest is definitely peeked; I'm a closet mystery-addict. The premise sounds like the game could be very interesting, and I completely adore the art. I will certainly be keeping a watch on this, I'm very curious about it. I'm wondering what the setting is, as at first the premise says that Foxhills is a very sunshiny place, but then in Sean's description it says that a suspected prostitute died on the dirty side of town. I'm a bit confused by this. :?
Again, I'll be watching this for sure!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

HUSm

#8 Post by HUSm »

AntiquedFae wrote:My interest is definitely peeked; I'm a closet mystery-addict. The premise sounds like the game could be very interesting, and I completely adore the art. I will certainly be keeping a watch on this, I'm very curious about it. I'm wondering what the setting is, as at first the premise says that Foxhills is a very sunshiny place, but then in Sean's description it says that a suspected prostitute died on the dirty side of town. I'm a bit confused by this. :?
Again, I'll be watching this for sure!

Foxhills is a very sunshiny place indeed, but not everything is what it seem, there's also the dirty side of town that no one want to talk about. Maybe it's the reason behind this crimes? wait to find out! :)

Thank you for your lovely feedback!

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#9 Post by Kyra10 »

I'm always up for a good mystery GxB visual novel~
I'm really looking forward to this! :D