Removed~!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
CapturedGiggles
Projects: Chaotic Hearts

Removed~!

#1 Post by CapturedGiggles »

Removed~
Last edited by CapturedGiggles on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:25 am, edited 8 times in total.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

Re: [Fantasy] Chaotic Hearts (WIP)

#2 Post by silverpikachu99 »

This seems cute. Good luck with progress~!!
i'll cry if you yell at me

MayPeX
Regular
Projects: The Treated, Casey
IRC Nick: MayPeX

#3 Post by MayPeX »

I really like the sound of this, I sense an Angel and Demon romance coming on. Sorta like Romeo and Juliet? :)

Will be watching.

CapturedGiggles

#4 Post by CapturedGiggles »

silverpikachu99 wrote:This seems cute. Good luck with progress~!!
Thanks for wishing me luck and for checking out the project.~
MayPeX wrote:I really like the sound of this, I sense an Angel and Demon romance coming on. Sorta like Romeo and Juliet? :)

Will be watching.
I'm glad you like the idea of it, so far. Romeo and Juliet doesn't quite fit this game's story, though. Ha-ha. I will give a small teaser, though, that Mia is on one of the sides of the conflicts within the Angels' own realm. This is more of a fantasy, war story, that happens to contain a bit of romance.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#5 Post by Googaboga »

This sounds very nice. I hope everything works out for Mia in the end ;o;. Her design is very cute by the way. Good luck with your project :>.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#6 Post by kaleidofish »

Nice art, very whimsical. Fantasy, war story, you say? How much combat and hardship will Mia (and us as players) face? What exactly is her first mission? Reconnaissance? What is she training to do exactly (soldier, scout, support, etc)? I noticed you said the journey will be tragic. I'm worried about Etias now.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

CapturedGiggles

#7 Post by CapturedGiggles »

kaleidofish wrote:Nice art, very whimsical. Fantasy, war story, you say? How much combat and hardship will Mia (and us as players) face? What exactly is her first mission? Reconnaissance? What is she training to do exactly (soldier, scout, support, etc)? I noticed you said the journey will be tragic. I'm worried about Etias now.
Yes. It's intended to be a story with a primarily fantasy theme. War and Romance sub-plots will play some part in it. As far as combat, it is intended that each fight she will face will present a challenge for her to get past.

When the game reaches a combat scene, you (as the player) will be presented with different challenges. Just as an example, one thing I'm coding in is a series of questions. These questions will be based on things that occurred previously in the game. These are planned to get harder as it goes along. Answer them correctly, and you 'win', while getting to continue the story. Answer them wrong, and it will reset you back to the beginning of the 'combat.'

The first mission for Mia is a scouting trip. Etias and his trainee are meant to only gather information.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#8 Post by Reikun »

Ah, so it seems like this will only have one path/ending, but with mini games? That's what I gather from the term "kinetic visual novel." Will it play like a straight forward 1-player game then, as far as story structure is concerned? :3

I'm also interested in seeing more of your artwork. Keep us posted!
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

CapturedGiggles

#9 Post by CapturedGiggles »

Reikun wrote:Ah, so it seems like this will only have one path/ending, but with mini games? That's what I gather from the term "kinetic visual novel." Will it play like a straight forward 1-player game then, as far as story structure is concerned? :3

I'm also interested in seeing more of your artwork. Keep us posted!
Yes, there will only be one ending. The plan is to have several different kinds of mini games included, one of which I described in the post above for the combat scenes. As far as game play with the story structure concerned, the plan is to have the game challenge you along the way to pay attention to what is being told and shown. The mini games, rather then being games of chance, will test your memory or other skills of observation. As the story goes on, the questions get harder, but will try to stay relevant to the part of the story at hand.

Thanks! I will keep you posted. I plan to put up some more of the finished character designs this week.