HARTBREAKER (Christy Hart) - DEMO UP!!!!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Recca Phoenix
Veteran

HARTBREAKER (Christy Hart) - DEMO UP!!!!

#1 Post by Recca Phoenix »

One of two current projects. This is the one I work on when I get hung up on story, serious-ness, or art for the other one. It's around.....oh maybe 10% done? I am about 90% done with the music, which I am doing almost entirely myself (just borrowing 2 free pieces I couldn't really do myself). But on to the description!
genre: RPG comedy
story: Hart's Fish-o-Rama (Christy's store) has been driven out of business by the evil MacSalty's corporation and Christy has to get her revengeance(tm) on them by fighting her way through the factory with help from Ako, a cute round cat prince of the underworld.
Christy was meant to be a parody of Lara-croft-type characters originally...but the parody concept extended to the game as a whole, and almost all the enemies working in MacSalty's are parodies of various movie, anime, and pop culture figures. I'm not going to divulge any to you right now, but I'm considering *maybe* releasing a demo...
Image Image
Some screenshots for ya ^^...I have changed the frame for the window, it doesn't look quite as cruddy anymore.
As I said before, I'm doing most of the music, all of the background art, and all of the characters (looks up at the project as ominous music plays). It's the most I've done on a project since DtY, but I really wanted to do something ORIGINAL and perhaps profitable.
I'm pretty sure I won't sell the game, but I might offer a "special edition" for a small donation, maybe... The other option is to sell merchandise related to the game. Like the soundtrack *wink wink*
Whatever.
Oh, and to get an idea of the music....here's the battle music:
http://reccaphoenix.tripod.com/hartbreaker.mp3
***please note, this is protected by copyright and you may not use it in your stuff****
I wanted the game to have a sort of retro-60s-70s action movie feel to it, even though it's set in the present.

******DEMO!!!!!!! (windows) is attached!!!!!!!******** Still working out some of the graphics and stuff. It doesn't contain much. (c) 2008 Reccasoft.
Attachments
HARTBREAKER_demo1.zip
HARTBREAKER Demo (windows)
(16.75 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
Last edited by Recca Phoenix on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: HARTBREAKER (Christy Hart) Development Thread

#2 Post by monele »

I like the tune ^^... and the concept sounds like fun :)

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#3 Post by PrettySammy09 »

I wanna see the round kitty! XD He sounds cute!

Ganbatte! Do your best~! This looks great!

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#4 Post by Sailor Kitty »

MEEP!

I like the plot.

Merchendise could include official walkthrough and promo posters.

*Puts on hypno glasses*

YOU MUST MAKE DEMO. MAKE DEMO. MAKE DEMO.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

#5 Post by Recca Phoenix »

YOU MUST MAKE DEMO. MAKE DEMO. MAKE DEMO.
Well, as soon as I finish all the backgrounds for the first part that could be done. The beginning is almost all story and setup, not much gameplay, but if I DO make a demo, it'll go up through the first battle probably. I never do the art and stuff for my games in order, so that's why the demos never materialize. I may do a trailer, though...

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

Re: HARTBREAKER (Christy Hart) - DEMO UP!!!!

#6 Post by Recca Phoenix »

The demo is now up. See the first post for the download :)
Not much to it, just wanted to put SOMETHING out there ^^;;