I came by this forum while searching for more information about Ren'Py engine and Python programming while creating my first VN game :3
So, here it is:
…will you dare to trust them? Or try to find your own way in this world and achieve your revenge?
Solve the mystery awaiting you at the end - or die trying.
- Protagonist is fully customizable - along with name and gender. YES, gender has influence in story (the reception of characters can be totally different depending on your gender.) Both me and my co-author are veteran RPers so we do try on giving as uch freedom in choices and developing ones character as possible!
- YES, there are statistics here - yet it’s not dating nor raising sim! More like RPG when statistics do influence the storyline…!
- Establishing relationships within characters and convincing them to help us will progress the storyline. Also, there will be romances implemented, for both genders.
- There are also random events with random effects - for example: deciding on training melee combat might result in you hitting your knee with hilt or hurting yourself with blade - the result might wary: from change in statistics to unlocking new event :3
- Some statistics unlock special events and might help getting positive effect of some events
- Also, one certain statistic - when raised - might give you some insight in world’s lore
Quote: "…feel free to remind me why I should give a damn?"
Data: Carefree and laid-back Captain of the Crows, Badbh can usually be found around the Headquarters, running missions for her beloved Crows. Her position within the Court is unknown, as well as her relationship with the Prefect… for some reason both seem rather on edge.
Her joking, happy-go-lucky attitude can easily change into a serious one so stay alert…
Quote: "…tsk… weaklings… such an irrational waste of space and breathing air. Now now, be so kind and move yourself elsewhere."
Data: Last of the three Captains, Escard is the head of the Martial Squad. Known as the Grand Judge, the first one making decisions and giving punishment for crime, the man is famous for his cold, cruel attitude and objectivity when giving punishment. His judgement might be harsh - but it is always fair.
Close friend of Badbh - for some reason the girl seems to be the only one able to bear with his arrogant self for longer than five minutes.
Quote: "…Nero do this… Nero do THAT… *groan* …I find myself HUGELY underpaid for that kind of shit."
Data: Lieutenant of a Combat Squad, Nero is responsible for the guards and barracks - usually treated as pushover by his superiors, he seems a bit snarky and easily irritable.
In free time, he is mostly found training in faux environments, hoping to one day pass his tests to get into the Crow Squad.
Quote: "…with all due respect - you may kiss my posterior… Sir."
Data: Head of the Reserach Squad, Amargein proves to be a rather… eccentric individual. Apart from his strange habits of drinking coffee directly from test-tubes, he can be found taking naps in the most unusual of places.
The creator of Modules, many times mentioned as close friend of Prefect.
Quote: “Is there anything I can help you with?” *her eyes stray back to her book*
Data: A member of the Research Squad under Amargein, she is devoted to her work, often found poring over code and rarely seen without at least one book in hand. Highly intelligent and moral, she seems to be in a strange love/hate relationship with her boss, constantly arguing with him over the implementation of his modules but for some reason still accepting his quirks and helping him.
Getting more than a few sentences out of her that aren’t related to her work might prove challenging.
Pardon if my post is still lacking some information - I would gladly answer given questions AND will try to update the topic with new information as soon as possible!
For now, the most recent news are within the blog :3
[UPDATE 1 - 03.02.2014]
Blog site was given:
- Whole page about Squads, Information about Characters belonging to them
- In 'ask me anything' option we've given you the chance to post In Character questions to one specified Character So, if you feel like asking, post your name (or rather your IC name), your Squad and be respectful ^^ It is meant to be fun for everyone in time the demo arrives
Blog site was given:
- Storyline, Character updates
- Added logo and banner
Preparing demo for beta-RELEASE!
- Game will be at least 16+ (due to especially one pareticular character)
- That is still beta version, till full release of the game the graphics and style of menu will change - I do hope it won't discourage some: I wanted to make the release as soon as possible so you guys won't have to wait for it much longer and meet the characters and maybe comment on what you did and did not enjoy
- If you want demo that will look like final version of the game I might post it on later parts, now me and my partner simply concentrated on story and proofreading ^^
- Demo will be on days - maybe tonight/tomorrow. Depends if no trouble will come on the way nor proofreading will take too long.
Demo is ON. You can download it from HERE
We still work on uploading it on LemmaSoft
[UPDATE 5 - 20.02.2014]
Added new female character (route in progress).
Game has now:
- 3 female characters
- 3 male characters
- 2 secret characters (3 if you count mysterious Prefect :3)
- All of them having friendship/romance routes (for players of both genders. The list of routes possible for each gender soon to be added!)