Newsprint [NaNoReNo 2014] [SoL, Romance, GxB]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Paradoxus

Newsprint [NaNoReNo 2014] [SoL, Romance, GxB]

#1 Post by Paradoxus »

Story:
It's been five weeks since school has started at Wildemont Academy. After all the hustle and bustle of being a first year college student as faded, life has become routine for young Hazel Wynn. So routine, in fact, that she has realized that she has dug herself in a rut. The clubs around campus don't catch her interest, and the only friend she has made so far is her roommate. Luckly, her roommate knows the perfect job to get her out of her rut: joining the school's newspaper club as an artist. But this is no ordinary newspaper club. It's the official university newspaper club's only rival, and it's first rival ever since the school opened up. With a current crew of 5 (as compared to their opponent's crew of 30+), will they ever make a name for themselves? Who knows. But one thing's for certain: this is not your everyday club. Hazel will soon be wishing she'd stay in that rut.

Characters:
-Hazel Wynn:
The MC. A creative, artistic type of girl. With the right amount of passion and motivation, she can accomplish great things. That is, when she gets the right motivation and passion. The rest of the time, her time is not well-spent. Even with school, it seems like she has a difficult time grasping the concept that is a due date.
But other than that, she's a kind and caring girl, with a little bit of roughness around the edges. Her small, agile body, along with her hotheadedness, makes her a very difficult opponent to combat with. So make sure you always stay on her good side.

Charlene Denault:
The leader of Wildemont Argus and the lead writer. At first glance, she seems like a gentle soul with a hint of refined ladylike qualities. The next few glances you take, you'll see that she's a little strange, yet bold. The glances after that, however, you see a crazed lunatic. Well, maybe not so "crazed". More like civilized lunatic.
Aside from her outlandish conspiracies and eccentric tales, she's really a nice person who won't bite you at all. She's just bit loud. Her passion for journalism and "reporting the truth and nothing but the truth!" has no bounds, and she is not the type of person who would let anything or anyone get in her way. With this, she can be a bit rash, but knows her boundaries.

Mordecai Rheem:
[Coming Soon]

Asher Weiss:
[Coming Soon]

Grant Shaw:
[Coming Soon]

Progress:
Script: In Progress
Music: In Progress
BG: In Progress
Sprites: In Progress

Credits:
Character Artist: ~xmvcx~
Musician: AEL
Proofer/Editor: zimbargo139
Writer/BG Artist/Coder: Paradoxus

Notes:
This is all our first time all working on a visual novel together, so there is bound to be some bumps here and there. But it'll be a learning experience not only for me, but for the rest of my team. I'm excited to be working on this, and I hope that we will be able to complete it before the end of the month. I'll be trying to update this more in the coming weeks.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Newsprint [NaNoReNo 2014] [SoL, Romance, GxB]

#2 Post by Googaboga »

I like the underdog story and the sound of the characters so far ^^. But I am a little confused. Why does Wildemont Academy have two newspaper clubs? Where these five characters not allowed in the official club so they started their own?

Well anyways I wish you guys the best on your first project together :3.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices