Writer looking for projects

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Blind Swordsgirl

Writer looking for projects

#1 Post by Blind Swordsgirl »

Hello all. I am fairly new to Visual Novels as a genre. I have been a fan of anime for a long while, and gaming even longer, but the vis novel seems to have passed me by for the longest time. I am a fairly experienced writer, I have worked mainly with fantasy novels, one of which I am looking to publish, and I am looking to gain a wider array of skills.

This is an example of my most recent work, a prose sample that I am looking to one day re-write into an RPG:

Dusk was slowly setting in over the massive city-state of Paus. The great backbone of the city, the long, wide, winding street that ran from the base of the mountain all the way to the grand castle on top, was bustling. People came and went while large tarpaulin covered mechanical carts clunked and rattled their way into position. A monumental event was due to begin within the Iron City, a great festival and celebration that spread to every street and alley of the miles wide city. Decades had gone by in a state of friction between the grand city and the neighbouring nation of Callow, but with the festival of Gehen Zukun, peace was on everyone's minds. All except for one young girl, whose thoughts were on something a little more simple.

“Come oooon Theodore! Please, just let me come out with you tonight!” the girl pleaded, clinging to the arm of a taller man in armour. Her hair was an off white, a creamy colour cut into a short bob that rubbed against her neck. The man grumbled, which echoed within the segmented, plate metal suit. He placed his free hand upon the insignia emblazoned upon the front of it, and sighed.

“Elenar give me strength...” he said to himself, lifting the young woman up with his one arm, depositing her rather unceremoniously upon a bed. “I cannot let you come with me, Ida, and you know that! This is my first night on duty unsupervised, and it's a very important one. Anything going wrong could mean disaster! My attention will be on the crowds, and I won't be able to keep an eye on you,” he finished, grabbing a scrap of cloth from the table, polishing the crest. It was an escutcheon with a dipped straight, cut into three segments by an inverted Y. The top left bore a stylised green wyvern on a red field, while the top right bore the king's crown, a simple yellow crown with three dips, on a blue background. The bottom bore the symbol of the city, a runic pattern similar to an A merged with a T, in black, on white.

As you can see from this example, I tend to write in descriptive prose, but I have experience in other areas.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/35883k7.jpg

In this image is my scripting technique, with certain actions in certain format.

This last example is an example of a dialogue heavy scene:

“Thank you for coming with me, Sienna...I needed a little time away from Gamboge and Cyan,” Rouge said as the paced along the deck, stood close together. Sienna nodded at the woman.

“It is no problem, Rouge. I'm glad of the night air, it clears my head,” she said with a glance at her friend. They walked in silence for a little while, gazing at the lights as they began to light, flickering around as they created a glorious, forever changing show of colour. Thousands of candles danced in the night air and upon the still waters of the lake beneath. The pair stopped for a little while, to take in the view.

“I have to confess something, Sienna. Something I perhaps should have told you a while ago,” Rouge said, after a while. The slightly taller woman looked down at her, and saw that her eyes were closed.

“Ever since we... no, for a while now, I have been... confused about my own feelings,” she went on, to Siennas ever growing confusion and intrigue. “I think it was back in Ore that I first knew for certain....I was... that I had...” she took in a deep breath, and opened her eyes, looking forwards at the exuberant light show.

“Rouge, if this is too much, I think I unders-” Sienna began, but the woman was cut off by Rouge turning sharply towards her, a fixed, determined state in her eyes.

“I must say my peace, Sienna. I... I knew that I was falling for you. Or, that I was falling for Auburn,” she went on, and Siennas heart skipped a beat. SHE LIKES ME! No... She liked me. Or does she still... OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!? she screamed mentally, clutching the handrail of the deck tightly.

“But... It confused me. I didn't... I had never felt that way for a man before,” she said softly, turning up to face Sienna, her eyes still piercing. Sienna took in a few deep breaths of her own, slowly turning to face away the woman. “It confused me... because... I have never found men attractive... The truth.... the truth is.... when... when I... when I lifted...no, that sounds awful...” The princess went on, before shifting her gaze upwards, looking into Siennas eyes.

“Princess?” the knight whimpered, unable to move, unable to look away from the beauty before her.

“When I found out you were a woman... I knew why I had felt the way I did. I knew that... I knew for certain, that... that... I....” she said, trailing away as she found herself edging closer to the woman, her arms slipping around her waist. Sienna moved gently too, pulling the princess in at the waist, her arms locked tightly around her. The only sound that could be heard was the gentle flow of water across the rocks as it entered the lake, and a gentle breeze that blew against the two as they drifted closer together, their lips edging nearer and nearer. Gently, with a tenderness that neither woman had felt before in their lives, their lips touched. They kissed, and all thoughts, all concerns and cares, stresses and strains fled them, each woman reveling in the intense stimulation of the other. As they held each other close, locked in loves passionate embrace, they both felt safe in each others arms. They knew of happiness, and of a perfect moment, one that could only be brought on thanks to this shared moment of utter bliss.

Please feel free to message me if you have any questions.

At the moment, I am not looking for payment. I am inexperienced writing vis novels, as I have said, so my 'payment' will be the experience I gather from the work. I am looking to make a career as a writer, so I will also be putting released works in my portfolio, and would expect credit as writer/creator depending on the level of involvement. As and when I feel I can charge for my services, I will adjust this post. Of course, if you WANT to pay me, please feel free!

Genres I am competent in/have experience in: Fantasy, Steampunk, Modern Fantasy
Genres I have interest in/have only mild experience in: Science Fiction, Romance, Comedy

I also have experience writing adult girl/girl, and am willing to write boy/boy. I am also experienced at size change writing.

Currently: Working on a long term project
Working on a NaNoReNo project

Availability: Very limited
Last edited by Blind Swordsgirl on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

Re: Writer looking for projects

#2 Post by desulishor »

Well, visual novels are a bunch niches within a tiny niche, so it would help if you also stated what sort of genres you're interested in writing for. It also seems that you're not expecting payment, (or if you are, clarify that, since both free and paid work is sought on this same forum.) Lastly, if you have any limits, such as project length or the amount of freedom given to the writer, put up those as well.

But anyways, you could check out my project, since it's a collaboration and I figure there's room for one more writer as well.

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=25532

taru

#3 Post by taru »

Do you mind writing BL?

Blind Swordsgirl

#4 Post by Blind Swordsgirl »

Thanks for the interest both of you.

Desulishor, I believe that at the moment, as I am inexperienced, I cannot rightly charge much, or anything, for my services, as I will essentially be using projects as a method of gaining experience. As and when I am looking for paid work, I will update the starting post. I've modified my post to reflect your advice, thank you very much for it.

Taru, I have modified my post to reflect this, but I shall also answer you personally. Assuming that BL is Boys Love, male/male romantic or sexual encounters, I have no experience with it, but don't object to it