Lucid [NaNo 2014] [Physiological Thriller, Fantasy] [VN]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
AIncubus
Projects: Lucid (NaNoReNo)
Organization: AIncubus

Lucid [NaNo 2014] [Physiological Thriller, Fantasy] [VN]

#1 Post by AIncubus »

Fair Warning: This game will contain triggering topics such as Parental abuse and extreme self harm.
About: This is my first VN project. I decided to use one of my more shorter stories for my first project. This story is one I’ve been dabbling on for a while, its based/inspired by Alice in Wonderland (So creative wow).
This VN will have little to no romance. If you squint you might see some one-sided, bittersweet romance.

Summary:Alistair has no clue how he came into this world, what happened, and where he is. All he knows is that he has to escape and find out what his story is before time runs out.

Genre: Psychological Thriller, Mystery, Fantasy, Comedy (light), Tragedy.
Characters:
ImageImage
Note: There are a TON of characters. I just haven't designed them/Im focusing on getting the script done right now.

Features:
+ Animations
+ Tons of CGs (Well thats my goal at least.)

The Plan:
Week 1: Script
Week 2: Script / Programing
Week 3: Programing & Sprites
Week 4: Sprites
During this time I will also be working on CGs and Video editing. (Also just clarifying, The spites after programming deal—I am using like stick figures, ill replace the file and such. Don't worry :U)

Progress:
Story + Plot: 99% (Researching a few minor things)
Designs: 60%
Script: 5%
Programming: 0%
Animations: 0%
Sprites: 0%
BGs: 3% (???)
CGS: 0%

Credits:
I am doing most of this myself. My friends K and S (They don't have an account on here; School friends) are proofreading. The music will come from a royalty free site. I’ll be looking into it once I finish the script.

Misc/Extra/Previews:
incred
incred
bg example
bg example
Questions:
+ What resolution should I use? I work on a really big monitor and I sometimes forget people have average laptops and whoops— Suggestions would be nice!
+ Critiques would be loved at the moment~

I can't believe Im actually going through with this. I really hope I can finish this ; n ; babys first VN

Re: Lucid [NaNo 2014] [Physiological Thriller, Fantasy] [VN]

#2 Post by Guest »

Love your art, and the premise sounds promising! ^_^

Morgan_R
Regular

#3 Post by Morgan_R »

Whoops! 'Guest' was me, didn't realize I was logged out.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#4 Post by Googaboga »

+ What resolution should I use? I work on a really big monitor and I sometimes forget people have average laptops and whoops— Suggestions would be nice!

Maybe somewhere in the ballpark of 1280 x 720.

Well it sounds like a lot for just one month :0. But maybe that's just me. I like the Alice in Wonderland themes. I'm guessing Alistair is the Alice and Neko is the Cheshire cat. And I agree that the art is very nice.

Good luck on your first VN ^^.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#5 Post by Mad Harlequin »

This is an interesting premise, but I have one question. Is there any particular reason Neko isn't just called Cat? The setting doesn't appear to be Japanese.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

AIncubus
Projects: Lucid (NaNoReNo)
Organization: AIncubus

#6 Post by AIncubus »

Guest wrote:Love your art, and the premise sounds promising! ^_^
Ah gosh, thank you so much! It means a lot
Googaboga wrote:+ What resolution should I use? I work on a really big monitor and I sometimes forget people have average laptops and whoops— Suggestions would be nice!

Maybe somewhere in the ballpark of 1280 x 720.

Well it sounds like a lot for just one month :0. But maybe that's just me. I like the Alice in Wonderland themes. I'm guessing Alistair is the Alice and Neko is the Cheshire cat. And I agree that the art is very nice.

Good luck on your first VN ^^.

Okay thanks! That seems like a decent size

Aha I hope I'll be able to finish it in one month. School and such aren't exactly my best friends this month. Yep! That's correct, and thank you very much! C:

Mad Harlequin wrote:This is an interesting premise, but I have one question. Is there any particular reason Neko isn't just called Cat? The setting doesn't appear to be Japanese.
I'm not gonna lie, I kinda cringed a bit when naming the Cheshire Cat "Neko" after giving her such a ridiculous design. Though the ridiculousness does play a part in Alistairs backstory. Otherwise I would have made "Neko" just plain up Cheshire Cat and made it a dude. Trust me, I hate naming things like..whats the word— out of place?? Neko and possibly one other character have really out of place names.
Anyways, I hope I kinda cleared it up! Thank you for the comment C:

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#7 Post by Mad Harlequin »

AIncubus wrote:I'm not gonna lie, I kinda cringed a bit when naming the Cheshire Cat "Neko" after giving her such a ridiculous design. Though the ridiculousness does play a part in Alistair's backstory. Otherwise I would have made "Neko" just plain up Cheshire Cat and made it a dude. Trust me, I hate naming things like..whats the word— out of place?? Neko and possibly one other character have really out of place names.
Anyways, I hope I kinda cleared it up! Thank you for the comment C:
Oh, the fact that Neko is female never bothered me. It was just the name. But if there's a reason for it, then that's fine. I just wasn't sure if you were thinking "Gee, let's make this VN more Japanese by naming a character a Japanese thing!"

Maybe Alistair watches too many anime or something . . . :lol:
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain