Multiple images?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
sherlockturtle

Multiple images?

#1 Post by sherlockturtle »

I know this is a stupid question but how can I show multiple images at the same time not including the background image? So for example show two people at the same time. When I use "show imageA then show imageB" show imageB wipes out the last one. Only imageB shows. Any thoughts? Thank you!

rakada
Regular

Re: Multiple images?

#2 Post by rakada »

you mean how to show 2 sprites at the same time ?? or something else/ for showing 2 sprite an easy way to do it would be to show image A at left then you would do show image B at right so you would have A at the left and B on the right on the screen at the same time

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#3 Post by Asceai »

It's not so much a stupid question as a confusing one, as the behaviour you describe should be what ren'py does in this situation.

Code: Select all

show imageA
show imageB
should show both images. Showing one image should only cause another image to disappear if the two images have the same tag. The tag is the first 'word' (words being separated by spaces) in the image name, so if you had this:

show image A
show image B
showing image B would cause image A to disappear. But if the spaces aren't there this shouldn't happen.

Another possibility is, as rakada suggested, the two images are showing but imageB is blocking out imageA. The solution for this could be, as per rakada's suggestion:

show imageA at left
show imageB at right
A lot of this depends on the images though; their size, whether they are transparent etc.
So it is hard to tell what is going on in your case.

sherlockturtle

#4 Post by sherlockturtle »

Thank you! I figured out that I was accidental using same tags! Thank you! :D