Roganisp's Free-to-Use Albums

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Roganis
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous
Projects: Milk
Organization: Traumendes Mädchen

Roganisp's Free-to-Use Albums

#1 Post by Roganis »

(I'll paste most of the things I said in that topic, 'cause I think it fits in both recruitement and CC parts of the forum. If an admin think I'm in the wrong, please tell me how to correct it!)

I'm Roganis, the main composer of the Traumendes Madchen team. I began a project to support the indie game community releasing free-to-use albums. You are free to use those even for commercial projects, you only have to give credit.

Here is the first album free to use (under the conditions at the end of the topic) !

Image <- Click on the image to access it!

I can do small pieces of music for you, be it loops or less-than-2min songs for you. Depending on the work It needs I'd ask you a small reward, or not ask you anything if it needed only less than an hour of composition.
When your piece is done, I add it to a file that contains other done requests, and when the file gets big enough I release a free album with load of nice music that the community can use freely.

In order not to have many problems, here are the things you can do with it, and the things you can't do with it :
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

You are free to:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
for any purpose, even commercially.

Under the following terms:

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.

Nuf' with legal stuff, hopin' we'll do great things together!
Last edited by Roganis on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Composer of the team. Music is magic.
If you got interested, go see my stuff at my Workshop.

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

Re: Roganisp's Free-to-Use Albums

#2 Post by Asceai »

This is very nice work. Thank you for making this available.

michan
Regular
Projects: The Witch's Tomb (wip), Caraltian Cookoff (wip), Detective Cross (wip)

#3 Post by michan »

Downloaded the album. Loved La Mèlancolie du Coeur and Hommage à Kajiura (albeit a bit short?) in particular. And Curved Swords makes me want to do a desert city-themed game just so I could use it.

Thanks for sharing this!

Roganis
Regular

#4 Post by Roganis »

You're welcome, I've always thought that giving procured much more joy than receiving!

michan -> Most of the tracks are indeed short, but they are worked on to be good at looping! If you stay in a game with a 3 min long song that doesn't loop in a nice way, the mood would break every 3 minutes! With those I hope the loop doesn't make the reader unfocused.

Shio_Fuu
Regular
Completed: Deadly attachment
Projects: My father's apprentice
Organization: Dotama Studio

#5 Post by Shio_Fuu »

Beautiful music! I might use it in my game :)
Image Image Image

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#6 Post by CrimsonMoon »

Thank you, I like your music, so I might use your music in some of my games.

Roganis
Regular

#7 Post by Roganis »

Feel free to do so! :oops:

I was thinking of releasing another album, much better, in the month, but I have other things to go through right now, maybe during summer, who knows ? I really like doing music this way, it's really inspiring!