Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) COMPLETE

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) COMPLETE

#1 Post by riiko08 »

Locked Heart was inspired by the story of Goldilocks with small hints of Beauty and the Beast.
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Fantasy, Drama

FULL GAME HERE:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=36483

Locked Heart is free to play (since I want everyone to be able to play it)

DISCUSSION:
1. Is the story interesting enough? Will you play it once it's finished?
2. Which route will you pursue first based on the character descriptions?
3. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?

I--I'm so nervous about posting here. I hope you guys will like what we have so far. We're working hard on this game and hopefully, we'll be able to release a demo soon (which is already in the works now)
Last edited by riiko08 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 24 times in total.

KuronekoRM

Re: Locked Heart (GxB)

#2 Post by KuronekoRM »

1-This game looks so cute! The art is wonderful, and I like the way you mixed both stories, I think it's original. The GUI looks awesome, too :). I'll definitely play it when it's finished~

2-I don't know, I like the description of the 3, and seems like all of them will be good... I'll play all the routes, but I guess I'll go for Sol first. Maybe because of the question at the end of his description (they all sound attractive, though), the fact that he's 'Mama bear' xD, or that his name in spanish means 'Sun' :3.

3-I can't think of any question right now... but if I think of something I'll come back ^^.

I'll be looking forward to seeing those sprites! And I wish you the best of lucks with the project <3.

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#3 Post by destiny_921 »

Oh, wow.

Just. Wow.

1. Is the story interesting enough? Will you play it once it's finished?
I find this plot very intriguing, and am curious to see how the story will be told and how it will unfold. Yep, will definitely play this!

2. Which route will you pursue first based on the character descriptions? (I'm one of those otome players who choose a route based on a guy's looks so I'm curious about this one ^^)
Sol sounds interesting. Kinda reminds me of Kyouya Ootori from Ouran High School Host club from the description, so yeah - it'd be interesting to go poke around his secrets.

3. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?
The artwork is really stunning, and the screenshots shown agree! Again, I'm curious how this game will go. And, "animated works" and a "chibi theatre"? Me hearts more xD Good luck with this!
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

Sitraxis
Regular
Projects: Cinderella Phenomenon Fandisk
Organization: Dicesuki
IRC Nick: sitraxis
Tumblr: sitraxis
Deviantart: sitraxis

#4 Post by Sitraxis »

Woohooo~ It's finally posted! >u<b I'm glad you guys are interested in the game so far~ :D I'm the programmer, animator and assistant in the GUI.
KuronekoRM wrote: 2-I don't know, I like the description of the 3, and seems like all of them will be good... I'll play all the routes, but I guess I'll go for Sol first. Maybe because of the question at the end of his description (they all sound attractive, though), the fact that he's 'Mama bear' xD, or that his name in spanish means 'Sun' :3.
destiny_921 wrote: 2. Which route will you pursue first based on the character descriptions? (I'm one of those otome players who choose a route based on a guy's looks so I'm curious about this one ^^)
Sol sounds interesting. Kinda reminds me of Kyouya Ootori from Ouran High School Host club from the description, so yeah - it'd be interesting to go poke around his secrets.
Huzzah for Sol fangirls! I also have a thing for geeks/creative/glasses characters. XD I may a team member but it was also hard for me to choose at first when I read all routes. >u< They're really good. ;)
destiny_921 wrote: 3. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?
The artwork is really stunning, and the screenshots shown agree! Again, I'm curious how this game will go. And, "animated works" and a "chibi theatre"? Me hearts more xD Good luck with this!
Yup, yup! I'm the one providing animated chibis like the one below. :D

aquantinar

#5 Post by aquantinar »

...Oh? O_o
Do my eyes decieve me...?
I feel like I've seen your beautiful art somewhere in these forums ^^
(Correct me if I'm wrong >///< but your art really is magnificient)

Okay, let me start by answering your questions :)
1. Are you kidding me? Really? A story based on the story of Goldilocks...?
..THAT IS SO AWESOME! I love it, I love it, I love it~~ D'aww, it feels like I'm reading one of my old fairytale books again, brings back so much memories O__Q *Sniffles* I just love VNs like this~ I'm sure going to play this! Yes'ir, I will! TTATT *sallutes*
2. Hrmh, tough call there... '-')a
Who to pick, who...? I usually like to pick the grumpy bachelors first when dealing with games like this, but... Since you put a prankster here... I'm kinda torn apart ;___; (You big meanie youuu- *cries* <--- Just kidding ^^;;)
But, yeah... I'd pick Royal LeBlanc first.. ^^)b I like tragic stories where there are people dying~ (That sounds wrong right there --" please don't think weird of me! ==") And I really like the idea of hiding (?) the male sprites so that we could give you better judgement for who is the most attractive! :D I wouldn't have thought of that ;)
3. Um... What should I ask? Do I have to ask you something this instant?! O__O
Hmmm..... Uh, does her (MC) ability to cook have some sort of power that could break the curse?
(Okay.... That question was weird TT_TT I'm sorry.. I'll think of a better one)
So that's all ^^
I'll be looking forward to this games progress! Good luck for the team :)

Fheeww.. I typed a lot *wipes sweat*
Welp, toodles~

Sitraxis
Regular

#6 Post by Sitraxis »

aquantinar wrote: Okay, let me start by answering your questions :)
1. Are you kidding me? Really? A story based on the story of Goldilocks...?
..THAT IS SO AWESOME! I love it, I love it, I love it~~ D'aww, it feels like I'm reading one of my old fairytale books again, brings back so much memories O__Q *Sniffles* I just love VNs like this~ I'm sure going to play this! Yes'ir, I will! TTATT *sallutes*
2. Hrmh, tough call there... '-')a
Who to pick, who...? I usually like to pick the grumpy bachelors first when dealing with games like this, but... Since you put a prankster here... I'm kinda torn apart ;___; (You big meanie youuu- *cries* <--- Just kidding ^^;;)
But, yeah... I'd pick Royal LeBlanc first.. ^^)b I like tragic stories where there are people dying~ (That sounds wrong right there --" please don't think weird of me! ==") And I really like the idea of hiding (?) the male sprites so that we could give you better judgement for who is the most attractive! :D I wouldn't have thought of that ;)
3. Um... What should I ask? Do I have to ask you something this instant?! O__O
Hmmm..... Uh, does her (MC) ability to cook have some sort of power that could break the curse?
(Okay.... That question was weird TT_TT I'm sorry.. I'll think of a better one)
So that's all ^^
I'll be looking forward to this games progress! Good luck for the team :)
Fairytales are part of one's childhood one way or another. <3 I love VNs that give me a nostalgic feeling too. <3 I'm glad you all love the game so far and we'll do our best too. \>u</

Okay, so that results to:
Sol- 2 votes
Royal - 1 vote
Deon - 0 vote
I feel so bad for Deon. He's on par with Sol for me as much as I love Royal. XD

Cooking saving their lives. That's actually an interesting take. :lol: It's so tempting to spoil but no, I mustn't. XDD

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#7 Post by Chasing Summer »

1. Yes, this sounds like a really creative and fun idea; I’m sure the game itself is going to be even better. I’m definitely going to play.

2. All the three bears are so cute, but personality-wise...? Hm. No, I can’t pick. I’ll have to play the game first.

3. None in particular. I just wish you good luck and hopefully everything proceeds smoothly.
new account: sonnenblumen

Angie
Regular

#8 Post by Angie »

1. Plot is incredibly interesting - and I would surely love to play it when it comes out!
2. Which route would I pursue first... hmm... Royal LeBlanc, probably. I love this kind of characters... even though I love men with flirty attitude, like Deon dLocks, I guess Royal characters caught me much more... Mmm~
3. The only feedback I have is that I love both the story and art! Keep going and I'm sure you will make one of the best VN's ever! :D

Good luck with everything!
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

Sitraxis
Regular

#9 Post by Sitraxis »

Chasing Summer wrote:1. Yes, this sounds like a really creative and fun idea; I’m sure the game itself is going to be even better. I’m definitely going to play.

2. All the three bears are so cute, but personality-wise...? Hm. No, I can’t pick. I’ll have to play the game first.
Thank you~ :D We'll have the demo up soon. Most likely in a few weeks. :lol:
Angie wrote:1. Plot is incredibly interesting - and I would surely love to play it when it comes out!
2. Which route would I pursue first... hmm... Royal LeBlanc, probably. I love this kind of characters... even though I love men with flirty attitude, like Deon dLocks, I guess Royal characters caught me much more... Mmm~
3. The only feedback I have is that I love both the story and art! Keep going and I'm sure you will make one of the best VN's ever! :D
Good luck with everything!
Looks like Royal and Sol are tied now with 2 points. :D (which still leaves Deon with none. :lol: ) I'm really glad to see more people interested. <3 Riiko's art is really pretty and I love all of the routes (even if my favorite is Sol. XD)

Angie
Regular

#10 Post by Angie »

Sitraxis wrote: (which still leaves Deon with none. :lol: )
He may become character who gets his love after you get to know him more ^^
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#11 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I adore creative retellings of fairy tales, so this is great! I'll definitely play. :)

I think I'll go for Deon first! Jokesters are so much fun! I've noticed that the "immature prankster" characters are usually the youngest in games of this type, so the fact that Deon's the oldest helps make him much more interesting to me. He's meant to look after his siblings, but he hides his serious nature under a comic mask. That's much more depth than these sorts of characters usually get.

My only question so far is related to the bears' "titles"---am I right in assuming they're assigned based on personality? (Sol is "Mama Bear" but he's obviously male.)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Sitraxis
Regular

#12 Post by Sitraxis »

Mad Harlequin wrote:I adore creative retellings of fairy tales, so this is great! I'll definitely play. :)

I think I'll go for Deon first! Jokesters are so much fun! I've noticed that the "immature prankster" characters are usually the youngest in games of this type, so the fact that Deon's the oldest helps make him much more interesting to me. He's meant to look after his siblings, but he hides his serious nature under a comic mask. That's much more depth than these sorts of characters usually get.
Oh yeah, that's what I found interesting about him too when I read his route. :) I'm so glad someone finally voted for Deon here on LSF. :lol: He's a really lovable character~ <3 Pranksters are usually the ones I check out next to meganes/geeks/creative guys. XD But they are entertaining as always. :D
Mad Harlequin wrote: My only question so far is related to the bears' "titles"---am I right in assuming they're assigned based on personality? (Sol is "Mama Bear" but he's obviously male.)
Not necessarily. :D
If you look at them as a group without knowing their names or that they're actually human, it's a way of distincting them from each other. ;)

pikaplup2

#13 Post by pikaplup2 »

I really like the characters! and I can't wait to play. I find it ironic how Deon is said to always be overlooked and then when a poll is taken on the characters he is the least popular... poor baby! I like Deon the best. Although i have been waiting 5ever for a game with a butler option!

Sitraxis
Regular

#14 Post by Sitraxis »

pikaplup2 wrote:I really like the characters! and I can't wait to play. I find it ironic how Deon is said to always be overlooked and then when a poll is taken on the characters he is the least popular... poor baby! I like Deon the best. Although i have been waiting 5ever for a game with a butler option!
Well, when I showed him to my RL friends, a majority of them chose Deon. :lol: So he's not exactly overlooked. XD Now that I think about it, not a lot of otome games offer butlers as obtainable characters. (well unless you make them one like the otome, Pyrite Heart for example. :D )

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#15 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Sitraxis wrote:
If you look at them as a group without knowing their names or that they're actually human, it's a way of distincting them from each other. ;)
True. But all of them have ties, and most people would look at a bear wearing one and assume it is male---women do wear ties, but generally speaking I think society (regrettably) still views the tie as a male accessory. This is why I thought personality dictated their roles in the Goldilocks story: Papa Bear is grumpy, Mama Bear is good-natured and graceful, and Baby Bear is fun-loving and childish.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain