Inuyasha-based game

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
yuki_no_yousei

Inuyasha-based game

#1 Post by yuki_no_yousei »

Hiya! I know I'm relativly new here...but I'd like to share an idea with you :) Is anyone here familiar with the anime Inuysha? I've been toying around with the idea of making a game staring Miroku (once that's done, I'd more likely than not make other versions staring other characters...). My question is: What kind of client should I use? I feel pretty comfortable with RPG maker (though this game really wouldn't have any fighting aspects). I would like to have mini-games of sorts...so does anyone have a client that they would recommend, or does RPG maker sound good? I'd love to hear your feedback!!!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

What would the game be about? Feeling up as many women as possible? ^^ No, seriously, saying "let's make a Inuyasha game about Miroku" is about as useful as saying "let's make a Looney Tunes game about Bugs Bunny". You need to give out a bit more information. Old-school RPG? Dating Sim? Visual Novel?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

yuki_no_yousei

#3 Post by yuki_no_yousei »

Okay, perhaps I need to clarify ^^;;;

Pretty much gonna be a dating sim involving the IY cast (with Miroku as the lead), with some rpg bits thrown in (one of my ideas involves him earning money by exorcising houses and the like, therefore a leveling up system would be implemented). But yes, it would be a dating sim ^^;.
Updates for all current projects, plus my journal can be found here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/yuki_no_yousei/

Tyler
Regular

#4 Post by Tyler »

You realize your going to need a cast of over 30 girls to meet Miroku's needs :D

yuki_no_yousei

#5 Post by yuki_no_yousei »

..unless he meets that one special someone that makes his roving heart settle down :D

Actually, IMHO that would be a funny end-up-with-no-one-special ending...just have the screen filled with girls :lol:
Updates for all current projects, plus my journal can be found here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/yuki_no_yousei/

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#6 Post by mikey »

yuki_no_yousei wrote:Actually, IMHO that would be a funny end-up-with-no-one-special ending...just have the screen filled with girls :lol:
Something like the "harem path" in the commercial b-games :D

Tyler
Regular

#7 Post by Tyler »

yuki_no_yousei wrote:..unless he meets that one special someone that makes his roving heart settle down :D
Sango's kinda that special person, but just can't resist hitt'n on da laides

yuki_no_yousei

#8 Post by yuki_no_yousei »

slight update: after reading thru the forums a bit, I'm gonna give Papillon's Game Maker engine a whirl :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by musical74 »

Just wondering how far you have gotten with this...it sounds very interesting and I would like to try it out when you get it finished :) That is, assuming it isn't gargantuan...dialup REALLY sucks for downloads :(
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.