Sailor Moon licensed by Viz

For the rest of your otaku life.
Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

Sailor Moon licensed by Viz

#1 Post by Caveat Lector »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -franchise

Sooo...how do you feel about it? I can't wait! :D I remember only catching part of one or two episodes on TV from a long, long time ago, but now I have an urge to splurge on the anime classics.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Sailor Moon licensed by Viz

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

Nice. It's good that we've apparently advanced so far that we can now accept, in a fantasy show targeted towards teenage girls, romantic relationships between women and magical transformations that also swap the gender of the recipient.

What Sailor Moon really would have needed, however, is a recut much like the one Dragonball Z got with Kai. Having ALL the Sailor Moon sounds great, but really, it was only around 15-20 episodes per arc that really advanced the plot, so the entire story could have been retold in 75-100 episodes, skipping dozens of Monsters Of The Week that were dealt with exactly the same way (one or more Sailor Warriors weaken it with elemental attacks, Sailor Moon banishes/exorcises it with signature attack).

The really good part of Sailor Moon are the character interactions and the backstories behind each arc. The rest... well, fluff I don't really think improves the whole thing.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira