K*A*O*R*I

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
BlackSpider
Regular

#61 Post by BlackSpider »

Well, I was lucky enough to download the version that does not require passwords so I could see the extra stuff right away :oops:. But still, the story was interesting enough that I did get all possible endings and finally the password as well. It's true though, Souji has almost no control over the series of events leading up to the final ending. I only felt I really had some control over the situation when I had to choose whether I should help Kaori say the truth or wait until she is ready to tell me everything. Now, when I played through all endings I think that's the ending nr 6 (with the real Kaori) that I liked the most.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#62 Post by mikey »

BlackSpider>> If I were in Souji's place, I'd choose Kaori as well :)
Sai wrote:It looks like a heavily distorted tree... (or perhaps a map from above)
Argh! I don't have the patience to wait... :P Must... reveal... The tree is in fact the image of a part of the human brain, the posterior cerebral artery, which when damaged is the cause of alexia.

Jerails
Veteran

#63 Post by Jerails »

Well...I actually played the game. Must say, even though it's a little bit short, it comes packed full of story and emotion. Now if many of you finished the entirety of the game and gotten all the endings, you'd now know exactly why it was titled K*A*O*R*I. Woots go to mikey for such an involving game!

Also. I got ending 1 of 9 on my first go (...Yeah, I know, pretty sad. But hey, I don't like to take medication, so I figured my first run through would sort of reflect myself...Wow, I almost died!)

Also, very nice on the subtle differences between the characters (You know who I'm talkin bout Mikinator.) I noticed this change right from the get-go on my second playthrough but didn't think too much of it until I got the password.

Oh yeah, I thought it was called "Dislexia?"
It's been a while, folks!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#64 Post by mikey »

Jerails wrote:you'd now know exactly why it was titled K*A*O*R*I.
Ah, a great feeling when things work out the way you intended them to. Thanks! :D To my knowledge, dislexia (dyslexia) and alexia is basically the same term, also called pure word blindness (alexia without agraphia = the person can write).

TheOnlyOneKunobi
Regular
Location: The Call is Coming From Inisde the House....... In England

#65 Post by TheOnlyOneKunobi »

CURSE YOU MIKEY! If you keep crankin' out gems of games like this all my efforts to make my own will seem poor in comparason! CURSE YOU!
I really liked KAORI both game and character, although I would question it's replay value. It a brilliant story coupled with a striking background and intriuging character(Seeing as it's pretty much only you and Kaori)
I felt that the "True Ending" was "Truly" annoying, I enjoy the really over the top theatrical romantic endings and once again that plain didn't happen in a mikey game, and yet i played to the bitter sweet end so as ususal your doing everything else right. I though the "Ghost writer" bit was pretty clever but also a tad obvious .
So once again, CURSE YOU! And once again! WELL DONE!
"God and Buddah, if you really do exist please know ........................ YOU ARE BOTH MY ENEMY!"
- Excel Excel

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#66 Post by mikey »

I've never been cursed so much and still felt reasonably good about it ^_^. Thanks for playing! :P :P

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#67 Post by mikey »

Kaori was a game for which I got immediate inspiration by a place (same as RT, but not other games). This place is just a few steps away from the Liverpool station in London. I made an extra trip there just to get the pictures because I thought that place was so great. This morning I see the area on the news. Actually, I woke up to a phone call from my family in there telling me they're alright. Anyway, sure it isn't so immediate for me, but a strange feeling nevertheless. I like that city. :(

DesiSkorm

Re: K*A*O*R*I

#68 Post by DesiSkorm »

Hi ^^

I would love to play the game, but I can't seem to find a link to download it :(

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#69 Post by Donmai »

If you are on Windows, you can go here: http://games.renpy.org/game/kaori
or here: http://atpprojects.wordpress.com/ for even more games.
Be warned this is old software and you may not be able to successfuly run it in your machine.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

DesiSkorm

#70 Post by DesiSkorm »

Donmai wrote:If you are on Windows, you can go here: http://games.renpy.org/game/kaori
or here: http://atpprojects.wordpress.com/ for even more games.
Be warned this is old software and you may not be able to successfuly run it in your machine.
Thank you very much :)

I downloaded it ^^