Artist Wanted (Character & Background) Mainly background!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Lostnightingale
Projects: Black Heart: Eyes of lust

Artist Wanted (Character & Background) Mainly background!

#1 Post by Lostnightingale »

I'm currently making an otome game and wondering if there is an artist here that would like to take part?
This is clearly a free game just for otome users such as myself, who can't always afford to pay for a good otome game.
I'm looking for a certain art style. Similar to the look in this Diabolik Lovers photo.

I'm looking for an artist that can provide me with

-5 route Characters (Description will be provided for each character)
-1 Main Character
-Roughly 4-5 poses for each character (Mainly just facial expressions and clothing change)
-Event CGs
-Backgrounds
-GUIs

So pretty much any artwork you see in the games. There is lots of time to do the artwork, as I am writing the story and doing all the scripting.

Heres the basic of the story.

You're a girl named Giselle Oleander. Tired of being the center of attention at school you head for your secret place. Just when you think you're alone, a beautiful guy comes out of nowhere! Hold on, whats that coming out of his head? And those clothes? Just before you can say anything, the air suddenly becomes violent and you black out. You later come to, to find out you're in the demon realm and in the house of the De Greys, the highest noble demons in the realm. Why did they bring you here? Which of the 5 brothers can you convince to bring you back? Or can you even stay alive? Perhaps your fate was entwined with the demons long before you knew anything about them...

I would provide a more detailed description, but provided this is seen by many, I don't want my idea stolen.

I currently have the prologue completed and am half way through Cresil's route. These routes have multiple endings, including bad ends, which could end in the MC's death.

I would do the artwork myself, however I don't have a graphics tablet. :cry: Although I should be able to at some point :D
Just to show I have some artist insight.
As for paying for an artist, that is something out of my ability at the moment. However, should I come across a steady income, I will provide payment to the artist (I know you can't believe a strangers word, but I do mean it). If there is anyone that is looking to do something in their free time, that would be perfect. As i'm still currently writing the story and routes, so there is lots of time.

I will give entire credit to the artist, for the artwork is what makes the game come to life no matter how much you dress the story.

One last thing, there will be no disappointment in the game. I am a great writer, and have even had my works published. :wink:
I would provide a link, however they are in a book that is not available online.

I can provide one of many poems I have written.
Sanctuary
Don't believe your mind,
Unity can't be obtained.
Uncertainty fades,
Reality leans forth.
Hiding the problems,
Erasing the memories.
Light fills the soul,
Darkness drains the life.
Yet we all seek
The finest sanctuary,
Which doesn't exist.
Lost by insanity,
Found by existance.
Unsettled until,
I find that place.
Last edited by Lostnightingale on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Artist Wanted (Free time)

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

Your recruitment post is lacking quite a few of the requirements for such threads, specifically information on how much work has already been done on your project, and how much work you expect your artist to provide to you. As you're looking for someone to work at no cost, I'm rather certain people will want to know what they're in for.

Also, if you're a published writer, a link to one of your works would be nice.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Lostnightingale
Projects: Black Heart: Eyes of lust

Re: Artist Wanted (Free time)

#3 Post by Lostnightingale »

Ah, i didn't know there were such requirements for the thread. I had planned to release details to whoever was interested. I'll just update the post.