Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV 17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

TROUBLE

#61 Post by SweetChiel »

alright guys, I want to tell you that for about 2 weeks, the progress of this VN will be a bit slow since I decided to take a freelance work :(

My house's roof are leaking pretty badly from the past storm (it literally flooded my bathroom and bed room) and a damn snake managed to slither INTO my BEDROOM. (yeah you read it right, I FOUND A GODDAMN SNAKE when me and my mom were cleaning the flood)
So I want to help my mom collecting money to repair it :S

for now I'll focus on the BGs, the programming will be delayed so no GUIs sneak peek next week sry Q_Q

sry for my bad grammar, I'm still a bit panicked over this experience x_x

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Adventure] [Comedy]

#62 Post by kisa »

Nuuuu!
The snakes are keeping the bishies away!
*drags the bishies over*
Eat it! Eat the snake! Most of you are birds, right?!
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#63 Post by SweetChiel »

kisa wrote:Nuuuu!
The snakes are keeping the bishies away!
*drags the bishies over*
Eat it! Eat the snake! Most of you are birds, right?!
ROFL, you made my day xD
seriously, you thought of the most interesting ideas all the time xD

But yeah, how I wish that came true.
Bishies in my house~ Could it get any better? :P

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#64 Post by kisa »

XD
Bishies without giant wings that could knock things over?
Would that be better?

Also, I thank you for the compliment. OuOb
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#65 Post by SweetChiel »

kisa wrote:XD
Bishies without giant wings that could knock things over?
Would that be better?

Also, I thank you for the compliment. OuOb
ah that's right o.o
Mitra won't be able to come into my house with that giant wings xD

oh lol, np.
I welcome the humor xD

Fleet_commander

#66 Post by Fleet_commander »

Lol Hi SweetChiel sorry for the late relpy busy as hell here.

The second update I love Tamera in the window shot fully coloured. She is beautiful. Same with the goddess but she looks a bit mean as well haha. You have a thing for colour and light its lovely. That fun fact is rather funny as well lol.

lol and in reply to you're last comment yes Reksa is probably the most popular amoung the girls lol lucky him... I think lol.

I'm sorry for the lack of chat things should be a bit easier this week.

stay safe :).

Can't wait to see the next update.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#67 Post by Akitsuki »

I just checked the updates! Whoa, you're really working hard on this!
Well... This is what I personally think, but the last CG you showed, is Tamara in the plane or bus/train? I got a little bit confused because from the window I can only see sky. Logically, if you're taking a bus or train, at least some trees or buildings will show up, won't it? Just a little suggestion though. Good luck! ;D

Fleet_commander

Re: TROUBLE

#68 Post by Fleet_commander »

SweetChiel wrote:alright guys, I want to tell you that for about 2 weeks, the progress of this VN will be a bit slow since I decided to take a freelance work :(

My house's roof are leaking pretty badly from the past storm (it literally flooded my bathroom and bed room) and a damn snake managed to slither INTO my BEDROOM. (yeah you read it right, I FOUND A GODDAMN SNAKE when me and my mom were cleaning the flood)
So I want to help my mom collecting money to repair it :S

for now I'll focus on the BGs, the programming will be delayed so no GUIs sneak peek next week sry Q_Q

sry for my bad grammar, I'm still a bit panicked over this experience x_x
Damn I read this!! Hope everything is alright damn. That sucks!! Hope everything gets better soon. A snake under the bed is certainly a surprise you dont want. And I hope the flooding didn't damage to much. holy crap.

KayAru
Organization: The White Spirit
IRC Nick: KayAru
Deviantart: PaintOfTheWind

#69 Post by KayAru »

Omg.
The art looks so cool. I checked out your demo and it made me excited for the full version!!! :3333

Bouki
Regular

#70 Post by Bouki »

I hope everything is okay in your house! D: It must be horrible to find a snake in your house (if that were to happen in our house, I would burn the entire building down just to make sure. Damn. Snakes. *shivers*) I hope you can repair your roof as soon as possible and don't experience anything like this again. To make you feel better, here, take my sentimental over-the-internet hug :D
I'm so sorry for replying this late and not putting that part about Reksa in spoiler though. I fixed it but I guess lots of people has seen it, sorry ^^'' On a side note, I thought about that herbivore-carnivore thing but didn't get the pattern. Anyone able to find it?

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#71 Post by SweetChiel »

Fleet_commander wrote:Lol Hi SweetChiel sorry for the late relpy busy as hell here.

The second update I love Tamera in the window shot fully coloured. She is beautiful. Same with the goddess but she looks a bit mean as well haha. You have a thing for colour and light its lovely. That fun fact is rather funny as well lol.

lol and in reply to you're last comment yes Reksa is probably the most popular amoung the girls lol lucky him... I think lol.

I'm sorry for the lack of chat things should be a bit easier this week.

stay safe :).

Can't wait to see the next update.
it's okay, I understand :D
I hope everything is alright over there.

aw thank you X) and about the Goddess, yep, she is mean :P I want to make her like a pushy aunt so... xD

about my roof...
yep, it really sucks. But my mom managed to kill the snake with a stick. yep, a stick. She hit its head repeatedly even though there's a small axe right beside her (maybe because the panic, but it's a little amusing when I look back hahah). The good thing is the snake didn't hurt anyone and it's a small one :S it's already fine now, thanks for worrying :D

thank you for sparing some time to come back here Sir Fleet_commander :D Good luck with your work! I'm sure everything will turn out just fine with how hard you worked c: your kind reply really cheered me up :D

and about the update, it's here! xD
Akitsuki wrote:I just checked the updates! Whoa, you're really working hard on this!
Well... This is what I personally think, but the last CG you showed, is Tamara in the plane or bus/train? I got a little bit confused because from the window I can only see sky. Logically, if you're taking a bus or train, at least some trees or buildings will show up, won't it? Just a little suggestion though. Good luck! ;D
oh lol, I think you're right about the window xD
I'mjustgettinglazycuzthatCGhavealotofsequenceand yup, she's in a bus. I'll definitely add some buildings/trees from the window later :D

Thanks for the suggestion miss Akitsuki! Glad to see you again! :D
KayAru wrote:Omg.
The art looks so cool. I checked out your demo and it made me excited for the full version!!! :3333
I think you posted in the wrong thread? xD
I haven't finished the demo yet lol
Bouki wrote:I hope everything is okay in your house! D: It must be horrible to find a snake in your house (if that were to happen in our house, I would burn the entire building down just to make sure. Damn. Snakes. *shivers*) I hope you can repair your roof as soon as possible and don't experience anything like this again. To make you feel better, here, take my sentimental over-the-internet hug :D
I'm so sorry for replying this late and not putting that part about Reksa in spoiler though. I fixed it but I guess lots of people has seen it, sorry ^^'' On a side note, I thought about that herbivore-carnivore thing but didn't get the pattern. Anyone able to find it?
lol, I guess that thing came into my mom's mind once xD (she hate snake and I mean really really hates it) yeah I hope we can repair it A.S.A.P but the cost made our jaw drop x_x
and aww thanks for the hug! c: *reciprocate the hug gratefully*
No, it's okay. I'm already glad you managed to come back here :D lol nvm xD the spoiler ended up with hilarious responds.
Good luck finding it out c: but when the demo is out and it's not clear enough, tell me and I'll explain it to you :D

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/21/2014

#72 Post by SweetChiel »

Here comes another update! :D
I managed to finish 2 Backgrounds this week
First up is Hakuna Falls, one of the most beautiful spot in the VN c:
Next up is The Inner Forest. I can slide this background 'up', to the 'right' and 'left' c: for what? well, it's a secret until demo ;)
and yes, I know. The quality control is in chaos o-<-<
WIP of children characters this time! :D I still need to fix them a little and then make another child design + 1 minor character >_<
The count is 4 more backgrounds and the sprite's expressions before I start programming the demo! :D yay!

Fun Facts:
Remember the map I gave you last week?
The truth is, the forest will gradually change its color from green to yellow/orange the closer you are to the Dead Forest. Here's a color guide for the forest:
This is why I made a lot of Forest Background :) the order is Herb Forest > Inner Forest > Dead Forest

Coming next week are more BGs (I still need to make 3 Backgrounds for Loma Village x_x Oh architecture, here I come again! Q_Q)

Bouki
Regular

#73 Post by Bouki »

Aww I'm sorry to hear the repair costs that much :( I hope your life gets better in these following days! But I loled at how your mom managed to kill the snake with a mere stick. I can understand her though, I'd do the same in that panic. Your mom sounds pretty cool :D
I wanted to reply sooner but didn't know what to write, lol. I'm awkward even on the internet D: About that thing I can't figure out, I love riddles and puzzles, it's fun thinking about it. Thanks for offering explaining to me though, seems like you'll have to tell me once the demo comes out 'cause I'm still clueless. But I'll try my best!!!

Moving onto the update:
OH GOD THAT HAKUNA FALLS LOOK AWESOME. I really love falls, I think they have a magical feel to them ^^ I often make pictures like this my desktop background since they're so pretty and they make me feel relaxed. Therefore it made me pretty excited to know there's a fall in this game. You did a great job on this too, that rays of light reflecting from the water is just... argh. I swear, you manage to make me even more excited with your every update. And I'm not sure if my fangirl heart can take the expressions of Reksa (I bet that update will make people go crazy, haha.)
Thank you for your hard work, you're still making a lot of progress even after that accident in your house. I liked the idea of forest changing color according to which part you're in, and that children look cute ^^ I hope you can find someone to help you with programming when you finish the art (I wish I could be of help but I never programmed anything either haha). I really can't wait to see more of your game. Oh boy, how I wish this week ends quick, it's hard waiting for another update D:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#74 Post by SweetChiel »

Bouki wrote:Aww I'm sorry to hear the repair costs that much :( I hope your life gets better in these following days! But I loled at how your mom managed to kill the snake with a mere stick. I can understand her though, I'd do the same in that panic. Your mom sounds pretty cool :D
I wanted to reply sooner but didn't know what to write, lol. I'm awkward even on the internet D: About that thing I can't figure out, I love riddles and puzzles, it's fun thinking about it. Thanks for offering explaining to me though, seems like you'll have to tell me once the demo comes out 'cause I'm still clueless. But I'll try my best!!!

Moving onto the update:
OH GOD THAT HAKUNA FALLS LOOK AWESOME. I really love falls, I think they have a magical feel to them ^^ I often make pictures like this my desktop background since they're so pretty and they make me feel relaxed. Therefore it made me pretty excited to know there's a fall in this game. You did a great job on this too, that rays of light reflecting from the water is just... argh. I swear, you manage to make me even more excited with your every update. And I'm not sure if my fangirl heart can take the expressions of Reksa (I bet that update will make people go crazy, haha.)
Thank you for your hard work, you're still making a lot of progress even after that accident in your house. I liked the idea of forest changing color according to which part you're in, and that children look cute ^^ I hope you can find someone to help you with programming when you finish the art (I wish I could be of help but I never programmed anything either haha). I really can't wait to see more of your game. Oh boy, how I wish this week ends quick, it's hard waiting for another update D:

lol my mom is definitely braver than me xD I was awestruck the whole time. Yeah don't worry :) things will definitely get better!
and Nah, it's ok. I often re-checked my reply too (If I spoke english, I probably will end up mumbling nonsense hahah xD)
yup", it's fine. You will have a lot of time to think about it then c: it will be explained middle-game so... Good luck! >.<

about the update, aw thank you! >.< I was also glad that it turned out better than I expected, but that will be a problem in my quality-control later *sobs* (I still need to make a good color palette for architecture and stiff objects. I'm still bad at it Q_Q). Oh and I'm glad you like the forest idea and the children! :D
Hmm, I do plan to give the viewers some of the character designs doodle/expressions just for fun and maybe heat things up a little :D But I will prioritize the backgrounds first. But hey, prepare your heart just in case 6:

and lol, I'm glad you're as excited as I am! :D people's feedback always pushed me for the better and I feel so happy to get everyone's appreciation like this QuQ
I was hoping to get someone to help me with the programming too (preferably with Ren'Py since I have no idea how to use that, I can barely use Novelty and it's still in Beta version.), but oh well I will finish this no matter what xD be it with Novelty or Ren'Py!

thanks for your encouraging comment miss Bouki! :D You sure know how to get me pumped for the next update xD
see you next week!

cometgears

#75 Post by cometgears »

1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
Asih is so pretty. I love the patterns and colors in her outfit. She seems like she has a sweet personality, too.

2. Does the intro and the art so far interesting?
Yes! I like legends and myths, and you piqued my curiosity with the mysterious intro. The background sample looks lovely and makes me really want to see more of the setting.

3. What makes you consider to play this game?
The most interesting part to me is the inclusion of Indonesian culture, since I don't know much about it.

4. Last but not least, do you have any question or critiques? I welcome constructive criticism any time :) Maybe you can see something that I miss or lacking.
Not really anything else to add... oh, looking through the rest of the posts, the other backgrounds! Gosh, they're pretty. Haha, I'm happy you're working on more, can't wait to see them.

Oh, one thing I was going to comment on--from the concept art, I was a little skeptical about how Tamara looked compared to the others, but in the CG sample she looks great.