Free Textboxes (CC By NC-SA 3.0) NVL textbox 8/31/14

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
meiri
Regular
Projects: Tutor Tabitha, Movement
Organization: Blue Bottlecap Games

Free Textboxes (CC By NC-SA 3.0) NVL textbox 8/31/14

#1 Post by meiri »

I'm generally practicing so... sorry if they aren't very good ;-;
This textboxes will ALL be licensed under the following license, unless stated otherwise:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ (Read it before use.)

You will need to crop these!!!
These textboxes are full size, meaning all the empty space at the top is there... If you want you can either crop the textbox to remove all that empty space (make sure to leave in space at the bottom and sides, for when you code in the padding). Or, alternatively, you can just have a big top padding number.
~~

Anyway, this textbox should fit an 800x600 sized game, however you'll have to code it in yourself...
It's a very "dark" style of textbox. Gothic, dark, fantasy, cave-like... I don't know, I just hope you put it to good use!
Within the .zip file is the plain .png if you just wanna pop it into your game. However, if you wanna edit something, anything about it, the .psd file is also in there, complete with each element sorted into layers/groups. :) Modification is encouraged.
textbox01.zip
.zip file containing a .png as well as a .zip of the textbox. 800x600 pixels.
(96.53 KiB) Downloaded 737 times
Heres a preview:

~~

Here's another one, that I'd like to say come in a "set" (There are 3, they all match..!)
One is more feminine-like, it's pink with hearts.
The other was intended to be masculine-like but it's just blue with stars so...
The last is orange with circles. All three have seperate nameboxes and side image areas but you can change this yourself with the .psd files..
This should fit an 800x600 game but you'll have to code it yourself...
Preview:
cutesy_flat.zip
.zip file containing a seperate .png of each text box, as well as a seperate .psd of each textbox. 800x600 px
(240.52 KiB) Downloaded 442 times
~~

This one I guess was inspired by Greek culture... Although I have no idea if those columns had any symbolic meaning :lol:
But basically, it has vines wrapped all around it. The left and right sides look like columns, and there are vines wrapping all around the top bar of the textbox. There also grapes, flowers, and leaves. You can remove these with the .psd file (as well as the vines), although I made six different "presets" and included them in the .zip. (which you can see in the preview.) If you want a different combination then you'll have to play with the .psd file. :)
Might be good for a mythology-based VN, or maybe something taking place in Ancient Greek, or something?
Preview:
greek columns.zip
.zip file comes with a .psd file as well as six different .png versions of the text box. 800x600 px
(1001.29 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
~~
This textbox is red, with a double border and some strange looking decorations on the side....Don't know what the inspiration was, but it made me think "regal" or "kingly" or "worldy" or something. Might be good for a VN set in a kingdom. :)
Preview:
regal.zip
.psd file of "regal" textbox as well as a .png file of it to pop into your game. 800x600 pizels.
(118.14 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
~~
This is an NVL textbox, I think it's very simplistic yet dressy. :)
This one does not come with a super-large-res .psd file. The .psd AND .png file are both 800x600.
nvl-1.zip
.zip file comes with 800x600 nvl-style textbox
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 305 times

~~
I'll take suggestions~ Suggestions, not requests. I can't PROMISE I'll do it, (just depends if I can figure something out) but feel free to shoot some ideas my way. :)
Last edited by meiri on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
What's in a loop? A loop iterated in any other way would output as sweet.
--
Have a look at my GxG kinetic novel, Movement, if you have the chance?

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

Re: Free Textbox(es) (CC By NC-SA 3.0)

#2 Post by kisa »

Looks like it would do well for something with monsters that have class.
Nicely done, it inspires me to make something. OuOb
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

meiri
Regular

#3 Post by meiri »

kisa wrote:Looks like it would do well for something with monsters that have class.
Nicely done, it inspires me to make something. OuOb
Thank you! Im glad it's a source of inspiration :D
--

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#4 Post by Ran08 »

Ahh, I think they're pretty good. :3 I especially like the latter three, hahaha. Thank you for this! :)

Too bad they're 800x600 though. I wonder what they'll look like if they get stretched into a larger res? Can they be stretched? :)

meiri
Regular

#5 Post by meiri »

Ran08 wrote:Ahh, I think they're pretty good. :3 I especially like the latter three, hahaha. Thank you for this! :)

Too bad they're 800x600 though. I wonder what they'll look like if they get stretched into a larger res? Can they be stretched? :)
You're welcome!
Yes, they can effectively be stretched. I would suggest copying and pasting all the layers in the .psd file to your new res size and then stretching it (that way you can still have the layers and such to remove namebox/sideimage for the narrator, or characters that don't need them etc etc).

If you have an issue stretching it or with quality after stretching (although that shouldn't be a problem) lemme know :)
--

meiri
Regular

Re: Free Textboxes (CC By NC-SA 3.0) NVL textbox 8/31/14

#6 Post by meiri »

NVL textbox added :)
--