Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)[DONE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, otome, sci-fi, comedy)

#16 Post by Xerofit51 »

@ sasquatchii : Thank you~ I"ll be PM ing you the link soon then. That okay?
@ Ays-chan: I'm not a native speaker either so don't worry about your english haha. Yeah, a lot of people liked Jackal, hope I got his route up to people's expectation (sweats nervously).
@AsHLeX: good luck with your exams! thanks for your support :D If you'd like I'll pm you the beta anyway~ unless u think that will endanger your grades haha

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#17 Post by AsHLeX »

Yes! That would be nice, thanks!! :D *Although I can't promise i'll play it right away (://shot)
:D
Last edited by AsHLeX on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Ays-chan

#18 Post by Ays-chan »

No need to be nervous about making his route.I'm sure you're gonna do just fine ^^ Don't forget to pm me the link too k? Since I'm such an impatient person I would at least like to help with beta-test.Keep up the good work.

.usa
Regular
Projects: Forget [not] that flower (hiatus)
Tumblr: bijuudama
Deviantart: meiayasaki

#19 Post by .usa »

Hum... This certainly looks interesting! I've seen that kind of plot before and is always so intriguing and cool and-- Ahhh!
Also the art is really good! The designs are quite good, but there's something that had been bothering me... The MC, Sonnya, looks so alike to Sonia Nevermind (Dangan Ronpa 2). Were you influenced by it? Or just happened randomly? (omg I know the feeling when it happens randomly, it really sucks orz...). Anyway, that doesn't mean they're exactly the same since there are obvious differences.

Ahh, if you need people to try the beta I'll gladly offer myself!
Keep up the good work!

Xerofit51
Veteran

#20 Post by Xerofit51 »

.usa wrote:Hum... This certainly looks interesting! I've seen that kind of plot before and is always so intriguing and cool and-- Ahhh!
Also the art is really good! The designs are quite good, but there's something that had been bothering me... The MC, Sonnya, looks so alike to Sonia Nevermind (Dangan Ronpa 2). Were you influenced by it? Or just happened randomly? (omg I know the feeling when it happens randomly, it really sucks orz...). Anyway, that doesn't mean they're exactly the same since there are obvious differences.

Ahh, if you need people to try the beta I'll gladly offer myself!
Keep up the good work!
Yeah, the plot is kinda mainstream but well I'll work with what I have. I never played Dangan Ronpa so I was shocked after I googled her, especially with how similar her uniform is from Sonnya :v. I based that thing off my elementary school uniform...(well no chance to change it now, sigh...)

Thanks for the info though, and I'll pm you my beta link. Thanks again
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#21 Post by sasquatchii »

Xerofit51 wrote:@ sasquatchii : Thank you~ I"ll be PM ing you the link soon then. That okay?
Of course, just send it along whenever you're ready! I'm excited to learn more about the characters & the story~ :)
ImageImage

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#22 Post by akemicchi »

Heyyyy, I remember playing the demo of this! :) My memory is a little fuzzy, especially since he only appeared once, but wasn't Jackal much younger in the demo? xD I remember a little boy. Did I remember wrong? Haha.

You're looking for beta-testers to try to get crazy stuff to happen, right? Not editors or anything? :) I'd be more than willing to help to help find bugs! I love skill raising and I also love trying to find different ways of exploiting stuff in the game. Are the trap quests you mentioned going to be obvious once we get to a certain point in the game? I'm not sure what they are, so...

Xerofit51
Veteran

#23 Post by Xerofit51 »

akemicchi wrote:wasn't Jackal much younger in the demo? xD I remember a little boy. Did I remember wrong? Haha.

You're looking for beta-testers to try to get crazy stuff to happen, right? Not editors or anything? :) I'd be more than willing to help to help find bugs! I love skill raising and I also love trying to find different ways of exploiting stuff in the game. Are the trap quests you mentioned going to be obvious once we get to a certain point in the game? I'm not sure what they are, so...
He's still a boy...but...love knows no boundaries :v (?). And a lot of people emailed me to make him a route so yeah...lets just go with it.

Just beta tester not editors thank u. the trap quests are quest that actually dont benefit you if you do them or they do but it will cost you so yeah. Thx for willing to try my beta, and may I say I'm honored that you tried my demo

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets

#24 Post by akemicchi »

Xerofit51 wrote:He's still a boy...but...love knows no boundaries :v (?). And a lot of people emailed me to make him a route so yeah...lets just go with it.
Ahahaha... Now I'm expecting a Ken route like P3P... :'D

Ah, I looked at the pictures with all the characters and just saw Jackal from the demo. I only saw the older guy at first glance and I thought that he was Jackal. Unless... he's Jackal, too? Or is that a secret...?
Xerofit51 wrote:Just beta tester not editors thank u. the trap quests are quest that actually dont benefit you if you do them or they do but it will cost you so yeah. Thx for willing to try my beta, and may I say I'm honored that you tried my demo
Ah, I see! So those are trap quests! Still, completing a quest means completing a quest, even if you get nothing out of it or you get punished for it... Haha.

I don't know why it's an honor, but no problem! :D I love games with extra elements like Map systems and stats to work with. I'm excited to try your game out again.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#25 Post by Xerofit51 »

akemicchi wrote: I don't know why it's an honor, but no problem! :D.
It's an honor because I've been stalking ur game for a while. In fact ur magicians of delphine was one of the reasons i pushed so hard for this game. I really liked your artwork and ur demo even though I didn't comment on ur work (becuzz i don't feel I was gonna add any useful input) so yeah. Its like having one of your inspiration noticing ur work (ok, Im such a dork shutting up now :oops:

akemicchi
Veteran

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

#26 Post by akemicchi »

Wahhh. Thank you so much! :') I still need to finish my game, though. Let's both work hard, yeah? :D

Erikka
Regular

#27 Post by Erikka »

The art is wonderful!
The characters look hot!
Is there going to be sexual contest in the game?=))
I can't wait to try it!
Last edited by Erikka on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erikka
Regular

#28 Post by Erikka »

What is the name of the blond guy wearing blue sweater??
He is in the category of "others".
Is there a chance he can become Sonnya's love interest??
He is very very very handsome!!! I fell in love with him!

Cobweb
Projects: My Father's Apprentice
IRC Nick: Cobweb

#29 Post by Cobweb »

This looks great! I like the art style and I'm interested to see how the story will unfold. I'd be happy to play the beta if you're looking for more people to try it out. Best of luck with getting this finished and I hope you're feeling much better now. <=)
Quite possibly a spider.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#30 Post by Xerofit51 »

Erikka wrote:What is the name of the blond guy wearing blue sweater??
He is in the category of "others".
Is there a chance he can become Sonnya's love interest??
He is very very very handsome!!! I fell in love with him!
Erikka wrote:The art is wonderful!
The characters look hot!
Is there going to be sexual contest in the game?=))
I can't wait to try it!
First quote
Yes, he can be Sonnya's love interest. Just not in the way you expected :v

Second quote
Thank you!, unfortunately there won't be any sexual content. Just kissing