Being Beauteous [Fairytale][Kinetic][FR,EN,DE,ES,JP] UPDATE

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

Being Beauteous [Fairytale][Kinetic][FR,EN,DE,ES,JP] UPDATE

#1 Post by Helianthus »

Back in 2012, we entered a french visual novel contest as a team. In less than a week and without much experience, we made a short kinetic novel based on a fairytale. Due to the restriction, our work was very rough and we always wanted to improve it in some way. So we recently took the opportunity to do so !

We've come a long way and Träumendes Mädchen is proud to show you the remake of our very first work, Being Beauteous, a short kinetic novel and a bittersweet retelling of Cinderella. With a twist. (But I won’t spoil it)

The game has now a pretty GUI, brand new art assets and improved tracks, as well as some new ones. For those of you who didn’t play the old version, please give this one a try ! It’s available for free on Gumroad but if you enjoyed it, please consider supporting the team for future releases :oops:
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Helianthus on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Being Beauteous Remake [Fairytale] [Kinetic] [FR,EN,DE]

#2 Post by Ran08 »

Omg, there's Deutsch?! I am totally downloading this. Haha. I already have the original one, actually. But... well, remakes are fun! Haha.

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Being Beauteous Remake [Fairytale] [Kinetic] [FR,EN,DE]

#3 Post by Helianthus »

Ran08 wrote:Omg, there's Deutsch?! I am totally downloading this. Haha. I already have the original one, actually. But... well, remakes are fun! Haha.
Yep, Marcel Weyers kindly offered us to translate the game in Deustch back when we first released it :D . You can also play the old version on your browser if you'd rather have the original (thanks to Alte !).

Did you alread read it then ^^ ? How did you find the story ? I know I have the tendency to produce controversial content (like Ambre), so I'm curious to see what are your thoughts on this :oops:

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Being Beauteous Remake [Fairytale][Kinetic][FR,EN,DE] UP

#4 Post by Helianthus »

Update!

People kept asking us for it, we felt we had to release it. The Being Beauteous Original Soundtrack is now available on Bandcamp! It contains all the tracks from the game in high quality, of course, as well as a bonus track that we never used.
Since the OST is very short, Roganis releases it based on a « Pay what you want » sytem: you can get it for free or give him a little tip to support his work. I’d be you, I’d definitily give him a few bucks, the guy deserves it 8)

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Being Beauteous [Fairytale][Kinetic][FR,EN,DE,ES,JP] UPD

#5 Post by Helianthus »

Update! I'm dropping by to say there's a new version with a Spanish and a Japanese translation now! And you can [url=http://traumendes_madchen.itch.io/being-beauteous]download it on itchio[/url].
There's no shortage of choice :D Many thanks to Alte for his help!