Looking for GUI&Logo artist for Dating VN - Paid Work CLOSED

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
delusional
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Agent of Love
Projects: Agent of Love
Organization: Delusional
Tumblr: delusionalinc

Looking for GUI&Logo artist for Dating VN - Paid Work CLOSED

#1 Post by delusional »

Hi all

I'm after a GUI artist to do our menus and logo for our BxG Dating VN

We're after something like this:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

This is from the Voltage inc game Enchanted in the Moonlight if you need a better look it's free to install

I would need samples of work that you have done previously

If you could provide me with a quote on the total cost of the project just send me a PM

Thank you
Last edited by delusional on Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Looking for GUI&Logo artist for Dating VN - Paid Work

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

delusional wrote:I'm after a GUI artist to do our menus and logo for our BxG Dating VN...

This is from the Voltage inc game Enchanted in the Moonlight if you need a better look...
A few questions for you:

1. Do you want to publish a game for mobile devices? Or do you want to create a commercial game for PC, Mac, and Linux?
2. How will it work? Will the player download a free application, get the chance to read the introduction, and then pay for as many parts of the story as they want? (In case you're wondering, international group Roseverte is selling its story East Tower in this format.)
3. Or will the player have to deal with an energy meter? (There's a boy x girl story called Honeys, I'm Home! which is available in English, and which uses this format. Its reviews on iTunes often mention a frustrating paywall...)
4. Any other thoughts on how you will present or sell your story?

Hopefully these questions will assist people who are ready and willing to work with you.

delusional
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Agent of Love
Projects: Agent of Love
Organization: Delusional
Tumblr: delusionalinc

#3 Post by delusional »

Hi to answer your questions

1)This game is to be released for IOS and it will be a commercial release
possibly for Android too but that's for future expansion

2)The player will be able to download a free application, get the chance to read the introduction/Prologue and a free Chapter 1
There will be a multitude of routes and the player has to pay for each route and future new releases

3)There will be no energy meters just 3 choices per chapter needs to be made by the player and it will end with either a happy or normal ending

4)The game is being developed and written by us and we would like to release it early next year
Our artwork is currently in progress and once finalised we will use it to market our games accordingly

I will also be advertising this position elsewhere and will close the post once the position is filled

Thank you for asking and I hope this answered your questions

Kitteas
Projects: Personal Projects
Deviantart: trythesky.deviantart
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.c

#4 Post by Kitteas »

Hello! Are you still looking?

I had a lack of references so I whipped this up just now. : )
Just attached it.
I can create more if you'd like, certainly, but I can definitely do the otome-like kind of style! I'm very familiar with them, being a fan of those kinds of games. <3

I can alter the style any way you see fit, and can do art of my own, to an extent.
Payment - I'm content with minimum wage per hour's work or 8-10% of royalties depending on the amount of work required.

Also... If you're by any chance in need for an attorney who can handle your game's legal side of things, my fiance is a lawyer who specializes in videogames and entertainment. He's fluent in Japanese and very well-versed when it comes to videogames. I'm certain he could do that for free, depending, or for a small portion of royalties. If you're seriously interested in that portion, I can provide his law firm's information and his contact info but have decided not to post it publicly on the forum format - but e-mail and PM is fine!

EDIT - Added a couple more quick samples : )
Attachments
3rd example - choose your chara menu
3rd example - choose your chara menu
Sample 2 (Intro-like opening menu)
Sample 2 (Intro-like opening menu)
Example of graphic / Photoshop screenshot WIP
Example of graphic / Photoshop screenshot WIP