Visual Novelty - how to add event script to object

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
janro

Visual Novelty - how to add event script to object

#1 Post by janro »

Hi everybody,

I'm new with Visual Novelty and I can't figure out how to add event script for object.
At the moment event list is empty (or just text (None)) in object's Scripted events section in Property inspector.
I did my script with "Run script"-action by adding script into Code section. I also made an AngleScript-file from it but either doesn't appear into event list. Problem seems to be that editor doesn't recognize the event script "on the fly".

In documentation there is instruction:
If you compile the code above, Novelty will recognize it as an event and you can associate one or more objects to it. You do this in the Property inspector (while an object is selected) under Associate scripts.
I can't find mentioned Associate scripts section from object's Property inspector. I assume the instruction is made for older editor version.

Could anyone please tell me how to compile my script or how it can be make recognizable for editor? Only compiling related thing I've found is in export options when exporting to stand-alone game.

janro

Re: Visual Novelty - how to add event script to object

#2 Post by janro »

I figured it out myself. I forgot to create a script asset from my script file with NoveltyMLDesigner. So I just added a new script line pointing to my saved script file, same way as in sample scripts, refreshed Asset library and imported my script to project by double clicking it. Now it appears to event script list in image object's Property inspector.

This thread can be removed on my behalf.