[Closed] Lineartist wanted for In Orbit

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Andromeda
Projects: In Orbit
Organization: Gliese Productions
Tumblr: glieseproductions

[Closed] Lineartist wanted for In Orbit

#1 Post by Andromeda »

Hi everyone~

We are currently looking for a lineartist for our project In Orbit.
Our website has a pretty detailed synopsis of the story: http://gliese.vnovel.com/?page_id=296
The aim is to make it a commercial project.

The project has been a work in progress for quite a while... some rather unfortunate circumstances caused a lot of delays and setbacks... :(
We already had a lineartist, working together with a skilled colorist/background arist, and all the character designs are already complete. Unfortunately, we had to let this lineartist go for the sake of the project, and we're now looking for someone to replace her.
We hope to keep our colorist on the team, she is currently doing background work and it would be ideal to have her coloring for the new character art, as it would help the new art blend in with the background art.

I think we're willing to reconsider that stance, partly, and only use her coloring for CG's, if you have your own coloring style that stands out to us as something special...

~ What we're looking for ~

A skilled lineartist who is good at keeping in touch with us, and communicating on a regular basis with us and the colorist. We don't feel like we're looking for someone to match the previous lineartist's style perfectly, but there are some requirements anyways regarding style.

We would like to have more detail of facial features than the typical "anime" style, and in addition, the ability to make realistic, expressive faces. We're looking to have multiple variations on eyes, mouth and eyebrows for each sprite pose, we're putting a lot more value on number of expressions than on number of poses. You'll be drawing both the sprites of the characters and the characters in CG images, so the ability to draw dynamic angles and poses is a must.

Here is a bit of reference on the previous lineartist's work, as well as the colorist's work:
We'll want you to mostly base your designs off of the existing character designs, but you will have some liberty to make adjustments to some extent. You'll be given access to all the previous lineartist's work.

And finally we're looking for someone with a positive attitude~

~ What we'll expect of you ~

The workload includes the sprites of 4 characters, and headshot sprites of the protagonist, all with an extensive range of expressions. The amount of poses we need is limited... Not counting the headshot of the protagonist, the total amount of unique poses across characters is I think... maybe up to 10? Variations on a single pose are more likely than totally new poses I think.
The amount of CG's is around 40. For these you'll only be doing the lineart of any characters in the scene, the colorist will do the rest, being backgrounds and coloring. Those backgrounds don't need to be linearted either.

We need someone who is comfortable drawing female nudity. Note that any nudity will be kept outside of a strictly sexual context, and any intimate scenes that may be present won't display any explicit parts.

We'll expect you to be in touch with us on a regular basis, and warn us if you'll be unable to make any progress for a period of time. Contact over Skype is preferred, but email is also okay. Private messages on here are rather less preferred... We will also expect you to work with our project folder on Dropbox.

If you are up for it after all the other stuff is done, we may offer to get you to do various small illustrations of key objects or gestures in a scene, if you are up for it. The other stuff takes priority though.

~ How to apply ~

To apply, please send a private message to me, or email at gliesevn-andromeda@yahoo.com with samples of your work, any relevant contact information, and your price rates for lineart. If you have any relevant references from previous employers, please include them. I'll confirm I've recieved your application as soon as I get it, but to give everyone a fair chance I won't be making a hiring decision until Friday 23 January.

I hope that covers everything...
I hope we'll recieve lots of applications for all you talented artists out there~

Thank you for your time ♥

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention this, but will not do full upfront payment. You may watermark your work until payment is recieved, which will be after each finished piece.

Andromeda
Projects: In Orbit
Organization: Gliese Productions
Tumblr: glieseproductions

Re: [Closed] Lineartist wanted for In Orbit

#2 Post by Andromeda »

Okay, I've gotten lots of applications, thanks again to everyone who applied!

I'll be closing it now, so no more new applications please and later today I will meet with the Chairwoman and discuss the decision ^^