The Walk [Psych][NaNoWinter 2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

Re: The Walk [Psychological][NaNoWinter 2015]

#16 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Mad Harlequin wrote: . . . I'm sure this isn't everything, but hopefully these give you a good idea of the tiny problems I've seen. (Why do I do this? I'm nuts.)
Thank you so much! You definitely deserve your rep as a 'typo-sniper'.
-- Version 1.3 uploaded here and on MediaFire (and two other sites.)
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#17 Post by CrimsonMoon »

Finished playing the game a while ago, and I gotta say some analysis was spot on, lol. Congrats on releasing the game, I had fun playing. :D
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#18 Post by OokamiKasumi »

CrimsonMoon wrote:Finished playing the game a while ago, and I gotta say some analysis was spot on, lol. Congrats on releasing the game, I had fun playing. :D
Thank you for playing!
-- I'm glad you enjoyed my little 'experiment.' Chalk one up for Jungian dream interpretation.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

Dre@_0re0

#19 Post by Dre@_0re0 »

I had play "The Adventure of Prince Ivan' and love all the characters, so when I saw that this was created by the same person I decide to play it. And of course to understand myself a little better and the end I thoroughly enjoy it,
though now I wonder if I need to seek professional help from being too curious on what over the wall. :lol:

Catlip Candy
Regular
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title susceptible to change)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy

#20 Post by Catlip Candy »

What would one see in the Journal? There's nothing in my Journal... :shock:
All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~

Catlip Candy
Regular
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title susceptible to change)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy

#21 Post by Catlip Candy »

And the results are right, too! :shock: I have a friend who likes this kind of games! I will make her play this! :lol:
All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#22 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Dre@_0re0 wrote:I had play "The Adventure of Prince Ivan' and love all the characters, so when I saw that this was created by the same person I decide to play it. And of course to understand myself a little better and the end I thoroughly enjoy it,
though now I wonder if I need to seek professional help from being too curious on what over the wall. :lol:
I'm so glad you enjoyed playing both Prince Ivan and The Walk!
-- About the 'wall'... That was just me playing around, there's no need to take it seriously!
Fake Existence wrote:What would one see in the Journal? There's nothing in my Journal... :shock:
You have to play certain parts of the game before anything gets recorded. The journal is triggered with flags. Once you've played past certain areas, a flag goes from False to True and what's attached to that flag becomes accessible in the journal.
Fake Existence wrote:And the results are right, too! :shock: I have a friend who likes this kind of games! I will make her play this! :lol:
I'm glad you got good results. Yay! Jungian psychology strikes again! You'll have to let me know what your friend thinks of the game.
Last edited by OokamiKasumi on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#23 Post by Godline »

You're back! And making awesomeness again!
I've been meaning to come here and tell you that I've played most of your stuff and it blows me away every time.
I love this. I learned about myself... sorta. I got lazy and just typed in one word answers like 'black' or 'big' most of the time. Haha. But it was still informative!

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#24 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Godline wrote:You're back! And making awesomeness again!
LOL!
-- I never really left. I was just waiting for a good excuse to make another little game, and NanoWinter came along.
Godline wrote:I've been meaning to come here and tell you that I've played most of your stuff and it blows me away every time.
Thank you so much!
Godline wrote:I love this. I learned about myself... sorta. I got lazy and just typed in one word answers like 'black' or 'big' most of the time. Haha. But it was still informative!
As long as you found the game entertaining, I'm satisfied. Thank you for playing it!

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#25 Post by Haze »

Well, I just finished this, and I have to say it was pretty good! A very interesting experimental project!

Response to some of my results:
"Daytime indicates that you are extroverted by nature and prefer social interaction." Somewhat true, actually. I usually quite introverted, but get to know me and I'll talk your ear off. XD In other words, I open up more and more as I get to know you better and better.

"How you dress signifies how you want others to see you." Well, I chose to wear my Ren'py shirt, so I guess I want people to see me as a Ren'py user and proud of it! :lol:

"The location you selected...signifies the part of your core personality you like best." In game, I pretended I was taking a walk to the library, which is something I like to do irl. So, I guess it means I like my reading/writing side best.

"Choosing to walk in the city indicates...you are very difficult to fool or lie to." Well, I definitely don't like being fooled or lied to, that's for sure!

"What the box contains indicates the type of memories and secrets you feel the need to hide from casual exposure." When I got to the box, I opened it, but I felt like there wouldn't be anything inside at all. I felt like it would be an empty cardboard box, and that's what I typed when prompted. The game, however, didn't really account for that. So, when it asked what I did with the item in the box, I just said I'd keep it there, which felt a little weird. Since the box contains nothing, is it possible that, on a subconscious level, I don't have any memories/secrets I feel the need to hide from casual exposure? :shock:

"Seeing a wild animal indicates that you are strongly independent and enjoy working alone." YES. I'm pretty self-dependent at times, and I actually used to hate working in groups. However, creating some VNs with the help of people I've never even seen in person, namely White Fog and Times Like These, has made me a lot less abhorrent towards group work.

"The type of fence...around [the house] indicates how willing you are to open yourself to those around you." This one is surprisingly accurate. I choose a white picket fence that surrounded the house, but had a gap for anyone to go in. Likewise, I'm not big on social interaction, but the few people I end up befriending, or letting in, are people I value a lot and wouldn't trade for anything.

"The Cup you found was made of batted wood. This indicates you have been damaged by love, but not destroyed." Totally off with that one, actually. I've never really been in love, save for a few sporadic crushes.

"The puddle indicates that your range of emotions is extremely limited, and may occasionally be in danger of drying up completely" Hmmm...correct to a certain degree. I'm pretty taciturn and I don't use a whole lot of facial expressions around people I don't know too well, though I definitely get more expressive around my friends.
"All rights reserved, all wrongs revenged" made me laugh.

One last thing: I didn't like the little beep when the mouse hovered over something. It actually broke my immersion. Overall, though, I enjoyed the game. It had some interesting "psychoanalysis", and it actually served as a nice little writing exercise. Nice work!
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#26 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Haze wrote:Well, I just finished this, and I have to say it was pretty good! A very interesting experimental project! . . .
Thank you!
-- I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in playing something like this.
Haze wrote:"All rights reserved, all wrongs revenged" made me laugh.
Good! It was supposed to.
Haze wrote:One last thing: I didn't like the little beep when the mouse hovered over something. It actually broke my immersion. Overall, though, I enjoyed the game. It had some interesting "psychoanalysis", and it actually served as a nice little writing exercise. Nice work!
My apologies if the ping sounds broke your concentration. I'm so used to having them in there, (from all the games I make,) I didn't even consider how they'd affect the player. I'm glad you had fun, the game was meant to be fun. After all, I used a Dreamer's Dictionary to make the analysis! :)

SapphireDragon
Deviantart: snowhummingbird

#27 Post by SapphireDragon »

I loved this so much!! xD I had to get an account to tell you. :3
I love psychology and meditation and this was spot-on for me!

Thank you so much for making it! xD

The only error (?) I found was that when I select Copper or Brass cup the details at the end of the walk say "The cup was ." Something like that. Either way, it wasn't saying what materials I selected the cup to be.

And I want to read this awesome dream dictionary you speak of <3 <3 <3 Was it a book? Or online information? I have come across some Jungian stuff before but not a whole lot. I love Jung's work and I'd love to learn more about a Jungian style of dream interpretation.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#28 Post by OokamiKasumi »

SapphireDragon wrote:I loved this so much!! xD I had to get an account to tell you. :3
I love psychology and meditation and this was spot-on for me!

Thank you so much for making it! xD
I'm glad you enjoyed playing it!
SapphireDragon wrote:The only error (?) I found was that when I select Copper or Brass cup the details at the end of the walk say "The cup was ." Something like that. Either way, it wasn't saying what materials I selected the cup to be.
Excellent catch!
-- I've updated the current download to version 1.4, and MediaFire finally stopped dragging its butt.
SapphireDragon wrote:And I want to read this awesome dream dictionary you speak of <3 <3 <3 Was it a book? Or online information? I have come across some Jungian stuff before but not a whole lot. I love Jung's work and I'd love to learn more about a Jungian style of dream interpretation.
The exact title of the book I used --it's not on line, it's an actual book-- is listed in the ending credits.
Last edited by OokamiKasumi on Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SapphireDragon
Deviantart: snowhummingbird

#29 Post by SapphireDragon »

OokamiKasumi wrote: Excellent catch!
-- I've already updated the current download to version 1.4. The MediaFire upload however, is dragging its butt...
Thanks! xD

OokamiKasumi wrote:The exact title of the book I used --it's not on line, it's an actual book-- is listed in the ending credits.
Ah... oops. And I get busted in that I don't read the ending credits very often. ^^;; Thank you so much! <3 <3

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#30 Post by OokamiKasumi »

SapphireDragon wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote:The exact title of the book I used --it's not on line, it's an actual book-- is listed in the ending credits.
Ah... oops. And I get busted in that I don't read the ending credits very often. ^^;; Thank you so much! <3 <3
LOL! I understand. I don't always watch all the credits either -- unless I saw something interesting.
-- Just so you know, I always list my sources; sound, music, images, and whatever else I borrowed in the ending credits.