Amplitude (AVAILABLE ON STEAM)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Amplitude (AVAILABLE ON STEAM)

#1 Post by Xerofit51 »

Amplitude

UPDATE 09/3/2017
Game done!
STEAM LINK!! WE"LL RELEASE ON 5TH SEPTEMBER 2017 10.00 A.M PDT
http://store.steampowered.com/app/70468 ... ual_Novel/
-Xero

See you soon in steam!

received_10200948889882431.jpeg
980807_10203995799894636_2973423862715614842_o.jpg
Plot:
It is the year 2121, a world where everyone has mutated, varying from simple mutations such
as purple eyes to having abnormal super human powers, but there are a few late bloomers, and
some who don't gain any special abilities at all. Those who aren't mutated or do not gain power
from their mutation are often treated like trash or even killed off.

To restore balance and some sort of power control, All those below 20 are obliged to go to
school and wear P.E.Ts (Personal Electronic Trackers) that monitors you every move. They will
teach students to control their powers and also learn how to treat each other accordingly
without using their powers against each other.

In a world where human rights are a blur and power means everything. Two groups of people
have formed in society, Ones who wish to eradicate the weak and leave only the strong to do
as they please and ones who wish to restore balance, let those without power live without fear.
The player was one of these groups, but he/she was betrayed and murdered. As you were on
the land of the dead, someone granted you a chance to take control of a nonmutant
student who committed suicide, with a catch that you will not remember who killed you and what got
you killed.

The player accepts this catch but is shocked when later on knows he/she isn't the only one in
this body, the original owner is still alive there and you're both gonna have to share control. Will
you be able to balance out both student life and the life of a rebellion? Catch your killer? More
importantly, can you get a body of your own?

Characters (Still in developement):

1. The main character/soul
male soul
soul b.png
Female soul
soul fox.jpg

You can choose between a young woman or a young man in her/his mid 20s. Besides different genders, they both also have different personalities and different back stories. The woman is more cheerful and flirtatious while the man is more cool and collected, both yearn to get their killer though and both have one heck of a will to live. Their names are up to the player but by default it is Adam and Eve, rest I want to keep secret 4 now....

2. The main body

You can choose between Katy Black a young rebellious 16 year old girl who has a talent for trouble and street art or Jonathan White a rich seemingly snobby business heir with charm like no other.

3. Katy Black
katy.png
kelar.jpg
16, bad grades, bad crowd, if it's trouble or a bad name then Katy's the girl you wanna see. Since she has no powers Katy's always trying to act tough to keep the bullies away, but that doesn't stop the bullies in her head. Tough on the outside, insecure on the inside. Katy might have street respect especially since she tags and plays with the cops so well but she can't seem to have some from herself. She took her own life due to her thoughts and was pleasantly surprised to know she actually gain powers from it, even if she has to share her life and body with another person. Maybe now she can gain more than just street cred from her friends, or maybe even from her brother who doesn't even acknowledge their related.

If you choose Katy as your body, she will have a generally bad attitude towards the main character/soul if the soul decides to act nice at school. This is due to the fact she has a 'reputation' to keep and is constantly making sure her bad girl image stays put. Katy does have more courage than Jonathan though and that will show in her stats and available choices. She also has lower charm than Jonathan because of her lower social class. She will be loyal to her friends/group u choose though and will excel in athletics and have no qualms stealing or getting rough.

SPOILER 4 Freak-Quency players
Her grandmother is Sonnya's and Milo's mother.
4. Jonathan White
jon_day.png
scorpion.jpg
17, elegant, charming, handsome, and a snob. Being the heir to a global phone company,money has never been a problem for Jonathan, neither has been grades or winning favors. Despite so he is powerless, his family conceals it by making skin tight, see through gloves that emit fire, making it seem like Jonathan can control fire, when actually the only thing mutant about him is his maybe too stunning blue eyes. Despite his wealth and popularity, he has a very prominent inferiority complex towards his younger-genius-brother, Felix.

Unlike him, Felix is a natural class A mutant who can control the flow of time on items and even a person. He feels that Felix deserves to be heir, not him. The pressure of being next in line for the corporate throne eventually lead Jon to suicide. He was not expecting a second chance though, especially with new powers and a guest in his body.

If you choose Jon as your body, he will be charming, and making friends will be easy, keeping them won't be as simple as Katy though, since he's not above using his friends to get what he wants.
SPOILER 4 Freak-Quency players
His grandfather is Sonnya's and Milo's father.
5. Aron Black
aron.png
24, Jon's teacher and Katy's elder brother. Unlike Katy, Aron has powers. He can turn people to stone in one look. He doesn't get along with his sister and is feared by most of his students. He has a tendency to look down on people and is a very private person. If you choose Katy as your body, he will be the first person you meet. (Easier to be make a link by : Jon)

6. Felix White
Felix.png
kecebong.jpg
14. A young timid teen who looks up to his brother Jon. Unlike Jon, Felix is shy. He has problems speaking in public and people in general, that's why he respects his brother despite him being powerless. To Felix, power doesn't matter, it's what you do with them that counts. If you choose Jon, he will be the second person you meet. (Easier to be make a link by : Jon)

7. Giselle Tayvl

A young pale woman with glowing red eyes?
Giiselle_glow.png
8. Others (details later)
- Chessy, also known as Chessire the cat. A young woman with a long mechanical tail that is actually an extension of her spine. Has built on cat ears which is unclear is an accessory or her actual ears. (Easier to be make a link by : Jon)

- Bonnie, a bubbly girl who wears water filled boots that has glowing transparent robotic fish in them, also has a matching bracelet to match (Easier to be make a link by : both)

- Eric (17)
Jon's best friend, is the sole heir of his family's company specializing on caretaker/nurse robots. Is the first person to take care of Jon after his suicide attempt. Is generally a cheerful, inappropriate ladies man. Like Jon he is the black sheep of the family for lacking the ability to heal other people (a mutation power, common in his family). He does have the ability to heal himself instantly though, even growing a new body if his head is cut off. Thus gaining the name 'cockroach'. His P.E.T is a cockroach.
eric.png
- Luna (17)
Jon's childhood friend and only female friend. Used to be in the same kindergarten as Jon. She has the power of turning people into a small mochi like being (Jon was once a victim of this power). She should be able to make people into other things, but doesn't seem to know how. She is the daughter of a famous actress. Her P.E.T is a snake
luna.png

-The Layton siblings:
1. Cam (25) the oldest of the siblings, owns a cake shop where the main character can work in. Kind and popular with the ladies, he doesn't seem to be interested in them though. Always take cares of his two younger, more rebellious brothers. (Easier to make a link by: Jon)
2. Simon (19) the second oldest of the bunch, part time singer and full time bored man. Rarely speaks, said to be a member of the XXXXX group. (Easier to be make a link by : both)
3. Ari (16) a friend of Katy's (by default), the youngest of the siblings. The class clown and trouble maker, also charming ladies man. Always know how to sneak items under his shirt, or crash a decent party. Also called Alay by his friends. Not as innocent as he seem. (Easier to be make a link by : Katy)
Spoiler 4 Freak-quency players
the layton siblings are Zed's(Ish's) and Miru's grandsons
- Bunny(??):
A young girl who seems to tail Simon around. She somehow knows a lot for a young girl. Why is that I wonder??

- Monochrome(??):
monochrome2.png
An unknown being messing with your fate
- X a young mysterious man who can change to any person, be aware though if he 'shreds' his skin while being that person then that person dies as well. (Easier to be make a link by : ????)

- Theo, a young gas masked man with white hair and even whiter albino skin. (Easier to be make a link by : Katy)
SPOILER 4 Freak-Quency players:
Suzanne's son who doesn't age
- Cleo (26) a young ring leader in the local circus, seems to have relationships with the more anarchist group of the city.
- Grace, current CEO of Malkav Industries, a large pharmaceutical company. Seems to have a relationship with the soul main character. (SPOILER 4 Freak-Quency players:
Malkav's grand daughter
)
- Liz, a girl with clown like appearance. Seems to have a strange relationship with Alice.Her tongue can be stretch to an unknown limit, and is strong enough to lift a metal car, and poisonous enough to kill someone in minutes (SPOILER 4 Freak-Quency players:
Malkav's grand daughter, Grace's younger sister
)

Others that can only be mentioned for now (There are a total of 36 characters)
- Arai
- Casta
- Dread
- Kyoko
- etc (Hidden until further notice)

Features:
- stat raising
forbg_jon.jpg
- crafting, quest and messaging system, point and click map
progress.jpg
comic_market.jpg
- BXG, GXB, [UPDATE: DUE TO TIME AND MONEY RESTRICTION, THE PEOPLE YOU'LL BE ABLE TO COURT WILL MATCH YOUR BODY'S GENDER (EXAMPLE, JON CAN ONLY DATE GIRLS, KATY ONLY BOYS). However, the soul's gender won't really matter so u can still court other girls as Eve and other boys as Adam.
splash.jpg
- four possibilities : a man in a man's body or in a woman's body, and a woman in a man's or a woman's body.
- CG gallery :) (DONE)

latest update 12/11/'15
-Made the interface/menu icons:
kyaah.gif
-added an inventory icon and system
- made a side character for test color:
beauty.jpg
this is Viola, a side character quest. (Help a damsel in distress)
-made a Town Map
map.jpg
-BG sample
city.jpg
-Our main menu
HP.jpg
-Finished all sprites for demo (13 total)
-made the clickable area map for demo
- Simon's clothes design
11878913_144982032505563_6443171112591873765_o.jpg
- Cam's clothes design
11902101_145619875775112_1109896815_o.jpg
- Mystery Man clothes design :P
11847634_148580702145696_2012710256_o.jpg
- Beta and demo done
-[Update as of 11/1/'16]
-Fixed the messaging bug
-Made Theo, Cam, Bunny and Monochrome
-Big Bump on soundtrack (New Music!) and voice actors/actresses

Story=
Main story 20%
Details of what happened in that 20% mark:
-Jon {b}can{/b} meet Theo (from FQ) depending on the soul in his body and choice he makes
-Katy has formally met Simon
-both has went to Soul's apartment
-Both Katy and Jon will formally meet each other in Main plot event 1 (The ball)

Need to do: Maps, including Souls individual bedrooms

CG sample
hand.jpg
break dance.jpg

:!: DEMO LINK AGAIN:
http://bit.ly/1OgLzlG

FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/Amplitude.visu ... age_bubble

SURVEY FOR THOSE WHO PLAYED THE DEMO HERE:
http://goo.gl/forms/0RhfFtz8ZV

Recent Updates:
-Map now operational, haven't code in different chibis per day
Screenshot 2016-04-07 15.49.16.png

-Shopping system works now, have made icons just haven't code them in yet
Screenshot 2016-03-03 18.23.21.png
-Bunny, Aron, Simon, Luna Event 1 done!
-Currently in the map looping before ball.
-Dresses cleanup sketch
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-04-03 15.21.23.png
11990428_1496570313988313_1159247617871531902_n.jpg
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:58 am, edited 86 times in total.

princessgardinia

Re: Amplitude (Sci-Fi, comedy, drama)

#2 Post by princessgardinia »

Will you be able to date your host?

Xerofit51
Veteran

#3 Post by Xerofit51 »

princessgardinia wrote:Will you be able to date your host?
I guess it will be platonic at best since dating will be a bit weird in my opinion but I will try to see what is best. Coding wise though I'm up fot it

princessgardinia

#4 Post by princessgardinia »

Will the people you hang out with know that you are two people at first, or will they find out later?

Xerofit51
Veteran

#5 Post by Xerofit51 »

princessgardinia wrote:Will the people you hang out with know that you are two people at first, or will they find out later?
Most will know later although there are few exceptions

princessgardinia

#6 Post by princessgardinia »

I am very much looking forward to this game. I really enjoyed Freak-Quency and followed this thread as soon as I finished it. Also, I recognize that description of Theo. Nice.

Kikaharu
Regular

#7 Post by Kikaharu »

oooh yay!! a new game by you ^^ I loved Freak-Quency so i cant wait for this ^^

Erikka
Regular

#8 Post by Erikka »

I'm so happy you're doing a new project! Can't wait to see the characters you're creating.
But there won't be any romance in this game?(

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#9 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Erikka, take another look at the list of features:
- BXG, GXG, BXB, GXB
- four possibilities : a man in a man's body or in a woman's body, and a woman in a man's or a woman's body.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Erikka
Regular

#10 Post by Erikka »

Mad Harlequin wrote:Erikka, take another look at the list of features:
- BXG, GXG, BXB, GXB
I saw it) thankx. But the creator of this project responded "I guess it will be platonic at best since dating will be a bit weird in my opinion but I will try to see what is best". So I wanted to clarify.

princessgardinia

#11 Post by princessgardinia »

Oh no, she was responding directly to my specific question, about dating the person who's body you are in. I can only assume that dating anyone else would be regular romantic.

BlackLotus

#12 Post by BlackLotus »

Owwwwwww I can't wait !!
Just reading makes me exiting !! ♥
I did love playing Freak-Quency ♥
The Idea is really awesome !
I really hope you make a CG Gallery , i'd love the CG's in Freak-Quency!
Hope you have Fun making this Game ♥

Xerofit51
Veteran

#13 Post by Xerofit51 »

Erikka wrote:I'm so happy you're doing a new project! Can't wait to see the characters you're creating.
But there won't be any romance in this game?(
There will be romance in the game. although there are some that u can't romance. Like if ur Jonathan then of course his little bro is not on the market Lol but he can woo anyone else he fancies. The platonic relationship is between the main character and the body he/she chooses just because at the moment I think the flow of the story is better if they can't be a couple

Xerofit51
Veteran

#14 Post by Xerofit51 »

Anyway thanks for everyone who played freak-quency and r excited 4 this. I am making the designs, but currently only a few are up to me and sakon04 standards. Katy and Renee designs are done though (on paper, not yet colored) also Aron and some bachelors n bacholerrets. I'll probably ask u guys to vote 4 Jonathan design though, since he is a bit tricky to draw so I made many (too many) designs of him hahaha. If u think I should post their sketches let me know

Erikka
Regular

#15 Post by Erikka »

Xerofit51 wrote:Anyway thanks for everyone who played freak-quency and r excited 4 this. I am making the designs, but currently only a few are up to me and sakon04 standards. Katy and Renee designs are done though (on paper, not yet colored) also Aron and some bachelors n bacholerrets. I'll probably ask u guys to vote 4 Jonathan design though, since he is a bit tricky to draw so I made many (too many) designs of him hahaha. If u think I should post their sketches let me know
I want to see the designs of Jonathan and I want to vote!)) let us see what you've created!