Voice Actor Seeking Work

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Vox Serica
Soundcloud: Vox Serica

Voice Actor Seeking Work

#1 Post by Vox Serica »

Greetings, fellow voice actors and VN-enthusiasts. I've been doing audio and voicework casually for the past 3 years, and am now seeking to gain a bit more professional experience in hopes of making a career out of voice acting.

Range/Vocal Style:
My vocal range falls between medium and low, favoring the low end. Smoother, "radio"-style voices and villainous characters tend to be my strength, though I'm willing to take on any role within my vocal range.

Demo Reel:
My current demo reel can be found at the following link:
https://soundcloud.com/vox-serica/amateur-reel-02-12-15

Content:
I am willing to voice sexual content and profanity, so long as it is tastefully done. If you have any concerns about your script, feel free to message me and we can discuss specifics.

Turnaround Time:
My turnaround time will depend entirely on my schedule. Generally, I would expect approximately a one-week turnaround, and no later than two weeks; however, paid projects will receive priority over unpaid ones.

Rates:
I am willing to work for free on non-commercial projects; however, I will expect compensation for any content that is intended to be monetized. My rates will depend on the scope of the project, but I am willing to negotiate.

If you would like to contact me, please message me privately and I will forward you to my email address.

Thanks for reading, and please comment if you have any suggestions or constructive criticism. :)
Last edited by Vox Serica on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plainviewer
Regular

Re: Voice Actor Seeking Work

#2 Post by plainviewer »

I'm not too well-versed on voice acting, so my opinion isn't very educated, to be fair.

It sounds like you've gotten the first step down: adopting the character's voice.

It's the attitude I'm not really hearing, like you're holding back. Maybe if you improvised some lines--forcing it to be more organic--you can bring out more of that personality.

Your voice reminds me of voice actor Crispin Freeman, and it sounds like you could be cast for similar roles: radio hosts, villains, that kind of thing. If you don't already know about it, he regularly hosts a voice acting podcast called Voice Acting Mastery. If you're serious about becoming a professional, I'd highly recommend his website. He offers not just acting tips, but advice on how to seriously get employed in the voice acting industry.

Hope that can help you.

Vox Serica

#3 Post by Vox Serica »

On the attitude point, I feel like you're absolutely right. There was something to the reel I felt was off, I just couldn't place my finger quite on what it was until you brought it up.

I'll certainly do some research into Freeman's podcast, and see what fruit it bears. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I'll be able to update the thread with a reel that feels a bit more organic.

Thank you kindly for the input.

Viniciuskk
Regular
Projects: Spring Breeze
Organization: Homeroom Interactive

#4 Post by Viniciuskk »

I agree with plainviewer. There is no difference in tune as you speak. It feels like the characters are reading some script rather than living their role.

For example, you could raise your voice at the capital letters in the following sample of your "Amateur Reel 02-12-15" at 0:55 - 1:02 "you will die in agony by MY hand. I will NOT SEE the warmaster..."

But you have a great voice nonetheless. Good job :mrgreen:

FrostkingDemetri
Regular
Tumblr: fkdemetri
Deviantart: fkdemetri

#5 Post by FrostkingDemetri »

I'm in the early stages of developing an adult visual novel, (adult meaning some sex scenes), and were wondering your rates for a monetized game. I intend to sell it.
Looking into other sites and other avenues, it seems to be charged either per minute or per word count. Have you thought about what you'd be charging and how it would be charged?
I think you would fit my Prince character very well. Let me know if this sparks your interest and feel free to email me at profdemetri@hotmail.com for any questions.

Vox Serica

#6 Post by Vox Serica »

Viniciuskk wrote:I agree with plainviewer. There is no difference in tune as you speak. It feels like the characters are reading some script rather than living their role.

For example, you could raise your voice at the capital letters in the following sample of your "Amateur Reel 02-12-15" at 0:55 - 1:02 "you will die in agony by MY hand. I will NOT SEE the warmaster..."

But you have a great voice nonetheless. Good job :mrgreen:
Hm, you're right about that. I likely tunneled in too hard on trying to adequately capture my characters and neglected placing proper emphasis on the lines where it was needed. In my next iteration of the reel I'll be sure to pay much closer attention to that.

Thank you very much for the feedback. :)
FrostkingDemetri wrote:I'm in the early stages of developing an adult visual novel, (adult meaning some sex scenes), and were wondering your rates for a monetized game. I intend to sell it.
Looking into other sites and other avenues, it seems to be charged either per minute or per word count. Have you thought about what you'd be charging and how it would be charged?
I think you would fit my Prince character very well. Let me know if this sparks your interest and feel free to email me at profdemetri@hotmail.com for any questions.
I'm certainly interested, and he seems like a character I could fit well. I'll be in contact within the week, and we can discuss more on specifics at that point.

tigerrenko
Regular
Projects: Partisans
Organization: Red Viking
IRC Nick: tigerrenko
Deviantart: tigerrenko

#7 Post by tigerrenko »

Hi,

are you still available for VA?

Cheers
Ranko

Vox Serica

#8 Post by Vox Serica »

I certainly am! Feel free to drop me a PM if you'd care to discuss project specifics.