Proofreader, Editor, Writer, Intern, Partner (now book'd)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
thankthebear

Proofreader, Editor, Writer, Intern, Partner (now book'd)

#1 Post by thankthebear »

I am currently working with a project, sorry.

Hello, my name is ThankTheBear. I've been writing for a few years and making videos for a few less, and feel comfortable doing/learning just about everything involved in a project of any scale.

Basically if someone needs a person to do something relating to the writing, I can probably do that. My skills include frankness and a realistic understanding of English, story, and plot structure. No genre is too obscene, no style too complex, and my native language is English.

Perhaps someone at whom to "spit" ideas and plot moments...that can be me.

In high school, I worked as an intern for the local newspaper, and this past fall I wrote and made videos for a website called MTGOAcademy.com.

I can't guarantee 100% accuracy with grammar and spelling. But I can probably say like 90% or so.

A Sample of Writing (a short and stupid fantasy story, in prose -- 1,146 words)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DnI ... sp=sharing

A Sample of Writing in a video (a 5-minute video review of L.A. Noire -- there's no spoilers)

Another Sample of Writing in a video (an 8-minute semi-animated short based on Magic: the Gathering)

I'm sorry to post my own videos but that's what I've been doing recently. I'll take them down at the moderator's request. On that note, I can also edit videos.

Will work for free, for the sake of more experience with visual novels, because I'd like to make my own.

I'll take any story seriously and put in the requested work, and I personally feel everything deserves at least a read-through and a proper critique.

Thank you for your time, and good luck.
Last edited by thankthebear on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Re: Proofreader, Editor, Writer, Intern, Partner (for free)

#2 Post by firecat »

hi, would you like to work on the unknowns saga series. i have almost everything ready but my main language is not english so many people have reported a fix for that on the new volume. you will be credit on the main menu for helping the game in whole, also on the wiki page that i build. lastly i be glad to share my experience with you to help you build a novel game.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

thankthebear

#3 Post by thankthebear »

Sure, firecat, we can look into that. I will not say "Yes with utter sureness" but I have worked with ESL-folks before. I'll send you a PM and apologize if forum regulations are being violated by doing so.

Daarkess
Regular
Completed: University Projects (Political Vikings; Hexa Wars; ImaginAlien; Cubo)
Projects: Stained with Magic; Magnicity
Organization: Hikage Studios

#4 Post by Daarkess »

Stained with Magic - Chasing Shadows - - A magic/sci-fi fusion epic split across multiple chapters.

thankthebear

#5 Post by thankthebear »

Daarkess wrote:Would you be interested? (http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 59&t=31383)
Yes. I'll update this topic now.