Unseeing Worlds [Mystery/Psychological/Fantasy][NaNo2015]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
PaperweightWorks
Projects: Unseeing Worlds (for NaNoRenO2015)
Organization: PaperweightWorks

Unseeing Worlds [Mystery/Psychological/Fantasy][NaNo2015]

#1 Post by PaperweightWorks »

This is my first visual novel ever! I'm making it together with my sister. :D

Title: Unseeing Worlds

Synopsis: A magician sends Blanche Miro, a peasant, to warn the prince of Elmaoren about an assassin. Seeing this as an opportunity to obtain wealth and glory, Blanche bends the truth and tells the prince that she is the "Chosen One" that will prevent the fall of the country's leader.

"What can go wrong? I got the All-Seeing Eye of Malmort. I can track down that spy faster than anyone in this castle could!"

About the "All-Seeing Eye of Malmort":

Blanche possesses an ability she likes to call the All-Seeing Eye of Malmort. Making eye-contact with a person allows her to see the world through that person's perspective. One of the features of the game allows the player to use this ability on onscreen characters by clicking a button. An image of that character's current perspective on the world will then appear. Clues that will help solve mysteries are hidden in the images. Pictures will be abstract in nature and can be interpreted in many different ways. Little to no hints will be provided.

I hope it's not too confusing. >< I'll try to upload an example of these images soon.

Characters

ImageImage

Blanche Miro
"Sure I just dumped a big fat lie on the prince like I don't care, but I'm not just gonna half-a** this whole Chosen One charade. I'm gonna give it my all."
A very ambitious and logical young woman. Tries to live an honorable life but fails miserably.

????

Holly Grell (third from right)
"Don't let the vegetables fool you! I swear it tastes better than it looks!"
She follows Blanche to Elmaoren in order to pursue her dream of opening up a bakery.

Prince Asparagus (fourth from left)
"Such insolence. Why should I do what a suspicious trespasser says?"
The Prince of Elmaoren. Serious and straight-edged, he sees the world as black and white.

Lorenzo (first, right):
"I-I'm sorry. Please don't take it personally. I'm just trying to do my job."
Prince Asparagus's most trusted knight and bestfriend. A good fighter and diligent bodyguard, he is always on the look-out for danger.

Amanita (second from right):
"My name is Amanita. And you are mistaken about me being a banshee. I'm a magician."
A mysterious woman who Blanche encounters while gathering plants at Malmort Mountain. She claims to be a magician and a good fortune-teller.

Elliot: A well-mannered bartender at Heron's Tavern (the inn where Blanche and Holly are staying at). He is a big gossip and likes eavesdropping on the tavern's patrons. He sells the information he obtains under the table.
Team:
Writing/Proramming - katserest
Art/GUI - candymage28

Progress:

Script - 30%
Programming - 60%
Art - 35%
GUI - 20%
Last edited by PaperweightWorks on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

Re: Unseeing Worlds [Mystery/Psychological/Fantasy][NaNo2015

#2 Post by Laiska »

I will play this simply because the Prince is named Asparagus :P

That said, this sounds pretty neat! Good luck!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#3 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

The mechanics you described sound really interesting! I can't wait to see how it all plays out and good on you for thinking about it. Good luck!

PaperweightWorks

#4 Post by PaperweightWorks »

Just a quick update:

- Made a lot of drastic changes to the overall art style and the GUI. Some characters were redesigned. We FINALLY have a good idea of how we want the game to look like.
- Rewrote the script four times. I'm sticking with what I have right now though.
- Current word count: 3,753/15,000 (rough estimate) - I really should learn how to write faster.
- More art coming soon.

Thanks to everyone who gave us feedback and to everyone lurking who finds this interesting. xD It's really encouraging!
Last edited by PaperweightWorks on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PaperweightWorks

#5 Post by PaperweightWorks »

Update time!

Here's a screenshot: