Tamer Trapped! (Working Title) [GxB/Otome] [NaNoRenO2015]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

Tamer Trapped! (Working Title) [GxB/Otome] [NaNoRenO2015]

#1 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Tamer Trapped!

Synopsis:
Emerald is one step away from becoming an official Tamer. Just one more step and she'll be bearing no more differences with the same, bland people around her, all of them with the exact same occupation of holding responsibility for the animals, the prized possessions of the world.

Her final test is to search for a hound that has escaped into the human world. With the notorious criminal, The Ruby at large and supposedly rumoured to be taking refuge in the human world, Emerald, without a doubt, finds herself reluctant but proceeds regardless.
Of course she would, it isn't that small of a world to be running into the world's most wanted man, is it?

Wrong.

Characters:

Emerald (Name changeable)
Full size
While Emerald isn't too keen on following the steps of thousands of others in being Tamers, she feels it is her duty as a daughter of parents who have been before. Emerald overwhelmingly believes in positivity and seeing the bright sides of a situation to keep herself from being down.
Does not like being called 'lettuce head'.

Ruby 'The Ruby'
Full size
Ruby is the infamous kidnapper of animals, the man slaughterer, the terrifying butcher, the hot guy who has a thing for animal skin. No one really knows what his intentions are in taking the animals for himself, whether they are now long dead or being forced into abusive manual labour.
Likes being called 'strawberry coco'.

(Image coming soon)
Adam
A not-exactly-normal human who is somehow involved with matters that he shouldn't be in the first place. He seems to be a friend (accomplice?) of The Ruby in the human world.

-------------

Hello, lovely people! So I'm trying out for NaNoRenO this year but as you can see, I'm pretty late for the party due to exams :'D I'll be honest and say that I don't have much planned for the game, specifically story wise so my main goal for NaNo is to complete most of the basic assets like the art and drafts. That, or if anyone's interested in hopping aboard as a writer and programmer or anything else really, as long as there's interest (and your kindness to help my poor self, thank you nice people) so that the game could see light earlier than I expect it to be. It all depends on you guys really :3

As for my current progression;
- 2/3 main sprites are complete. I'll be adding 2 variations of clothes for each sprite once I've settled the story.
- I'll be focusing on the story after the sprites are done. In between, I'm adding and planning out random scenes of bonding between the characters since the plot is fairly simple.
- I'll be using free resources for music and backgrounds. I wanted to do the latter myself since original art yeah but I highly doubt I could finish them all up by myself haha
- I had a friend offering for GUI (you know who you are, beautiful) but I'm waiting until I get a bit further with progress before I focus on it.

So yeah, I'd appreciate any feedback for this small little project of mine! ^^ I think I've been too vague on the story? If you think so then feel free to ask anything and I'll happily elaborate what I can. Thanks for your time here, have a good day! <3

:D

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

Re: Tamer Trapped! (Working Title) [GxB/Otome] [NaNoRenO2015

#2 Post by Rozume »

Yay! Someone else who's entering NaNo late! :D *high five*

This seems interesting and I like the artwork! ^^ Good luck with your project!

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#3 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Interesting story, can't wait to know more about the tamers and the universe in this story
and whoop handsome bishie detected!
Good luck with the progress! I wish I could help, but my hands are full already D":

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#4 Post by Harliqueen »

Oh, this sounds interesting! Can't wait to find out more about the world and Tamers, something a bit different! :D
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

yoshibb
Veteran

#5 Post by yoshibb »

Your artwork is beautiful. I love all the colors you use. The tamers concept sounds cool as well and your descriptions make me want to find out more about them. Good luck!

Rahnos
Regular

#6 Post by Rahnos »

Interesting premise, and I can't wait to see what comes up next! I always love fantasy stories. Will we explore/see the fantasy world at all, or will it be completely set on Earth instead?
Your art is very nice, and your use of colour (as mentioned by others) is lovely. I've always liked varying hair colours. ^-^

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

@ Rozume: *slams five* Another one in the sinking ship! Thank you, let's do our best to get our projects done! >w<

@ YuukiCrossPudding: YUUKI HIII Thanks man and no worries, it's so nice of you to even think of helping! I saw that you're working for nano as well so good luck! <3

@ Harliqueen: Thank you so much! I'll do my best to make the story fun and enjoyable! ^^

@ yoshibb: Oh garwsh, I'm glad the art is nice, I'm rather a tad bit proud of them myself since I was experimenting with new tools to make them ^w^ Thank you very much!

@ Rahnos: Thank you so much for the compliments, I'm so happy that the art is okay haha! And yeah, their weird hair colours will bring some scenes in game even lol

I'd also like to clear up on the story a bit- It'll be completely centred around Emerald's time on Earth, on how she copes with her current situation along with Ruby and Adam. The concept of Tamers and her world aren't widely explored here as I'd only focus more on Emerald's relationship with the two men. So I'm sorry for those who are expecting a completely built world and plot for the Tamers, it won't be implemented in the game at all ^^;;

Now for updates, I've just started working on Adam's sprite so here's a quick preview!

Adam works as a teacher in the human world and despite being partners in crime with the malicious Ruby, Emerald believes that he's very nice, I mean look at that smile, he's surely to be sweet and plays with puppies down the street and has a voice that melts butter and-

-or maybe not?

But anyway, I've also batched up a quick mockup for the game's textbox! It's my first try ever at doing GUI (or at least portion of it) so it's not much but think I might end up using it? If there's any feedback then do share, I'd very much appreciate it, thank you! :D
Attachments
mockscreen.png

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#8 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I think it looks great! :)
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Rahnos
Regular

#9 Post by Rahnos »

@nero279 (edit for less wall of text)

Oooh, updates! Adam definitely has that 'could be more scary than he seems' look to him. A little.
I also think the art is more than okay, your use of colour is beautiful. (I still love the hair)

GUI looks pretty good actually. I was concerned about readability but the full version seems fine. Maybe it's a bit distracting? I don't know. I do like it. :3

Also the story bit sounds fine to me, it's exactly what I was expecting. Too bad about the trapper world though :P Building it completely would probably take an age.