Short BL/Yaoi Visual Novel Project [18+]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
RVB
Regular
Organization: Brat Prince Productions
Deviantart: aambrosio

Short BL/Yaoi Visual Novel Project [18+]

#1 Post by RVB »

Salutations!

My name is RVB; I am the founder of The Pharaoh's Harem, a yaoi and BL ePublishing company. We have currently only one eBook and one short story download available, but by the summer we will have three other novellas on our virtual shelves.

We want to eventually expand into VN territory; this is a recruitment for a free visual novel project for The Pharaoh's Harem. We are mainly looking for people who either want to test their skill with the Ren'Py engine or try their hands at being on a VN team, or want to be able to work on a project that showcases their talents. We hope to feature each team member on our website, so if you have your own website or email you want future potential clients to wander into, that will be hosted on our site along with the game. This is to drive traffic to The Pharaoh's Harem so that our commercial project will be more successful in the future! Working on this game will also allow a greater chance to be asked to work on our paid project.

Currently, this project has no title, but here are a few bullet points to get us started!
- This is a yaoi visual novel/dating sim.
- This project is 18+, so all people who work on it must be legally able to in their country of origin.
- You don't have to like yaoi to work on it, but I'm sure it will be more enjoyable if you do!
- This novel will showcase acts of a sexual nature and incest!

Quick Synopsis: Main Character has just graduated high school, and is torn between which University he should attend (as he received two acceptance letters). His Best Friend wants him to attend the local university with him, while his family (and consequently, Older Brother), want him to go to a University a few hours away, one that every member of the family has gone to for generations. MC will miss his BFF, but also misses his Brother, who is a new Professor at the University. Basically, the choices are the Laid Back BFF, or an incestuous route with the upstanding older Brother.

We are looking for the following team members:
FILLED! - Ren'Py Scripter/Coder: Someone who can make a pretty straightforward VN with a few two-or-three choice branches here and there. No battles, just inserting images, script, and making the game work. Since there's a lot of work involved here, I'm also more willing to scrape up some kind of small payment if possible. Nothing huge, but maybe a few bucks here and there!
FILLED! - Sprite/CG Artist: Anime-style artist wanted... someone who can draw handsome/beautiful men. Also, since this is 18+, there will need to be CGs of sex in there from time-to-time, so you will need to be comfortable with drawing that as well. If I like the style, there's a big chance I will pay you for work in the future for a fitting project, as we are constantly in need of artists for our books.
- Voice Actors: We will not be reading full lines of script for our voice overs... we are more looking for vocal sound effects, such as sighing, small phrases ("Well...", "I see", "Yes", "I understand"),and more explicit noises (moaning, panting, etc) for the 18+ scenes. All of our characters are men, but we will accept any VAs, as long as you can do the voice!

Our project does not have any kind of strict deadline, but we have already started working on it. April will be used to gather up people who can work on it and do planning for the project itself. The script is nearly finished, and the sprites are currently in the works. If you are available now and through May and beyond, please respond!

This is all for now. Please PM or comment below with questions, details, and etc.

Regards, RVB
Last edited by RVB on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

RVB
Regular

Re: Short BL/Yaoi Visual Novel Project [18+]

#2 Post by RVB »

Hello everyone! We've found a lovely scripter/programmer. We'd really love some voice actors and an artist (or colorist) to help us out! ♥

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#3 Post by Aviala »

Hey there! Do you have any estimate on the amount of character and CG art needed? I don't usually work for free but I'm considering applying as an artist.

RVB
Regular

#4 Post by RVB »

Thanks for taking a look!

Your have really awesome art and talent; I really love your work! However, the style isn't what we'r going for in the project; we're needing a very traditional, big-eyed Boys Love/shoujo anime style for the project.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#5 Post by Aviala »

Thanks! I can do different styles, but I hope you find someone more suitable :D But I think others might also be interested to find out how much work they'd have to put into this project.

RVB
Regular

#6 Post by RVB »

I'll definitely do that! The story itself isn't quite finished being written, so we'll have a better knowledge of everything we need once that's completed. Thank you very much for your input!

RVB
Regular

#7 Post by RVB »

Hello guys! We are still looking for voice actors for our free project.

I will put some more information up in regards to the voice acting above!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#8 Post by minyan »

Will you be posting updates about the project here? I know you have the positions filled, I'm just interested in playing when you're done! I'd be happy to help with testing too. ^^
ImageImage