Scomparire [Drama, comedy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Corvo
Regular
Deviantart: Corvocollorosso

Scomparire [Drama, comedy]

#1 Post by Corvo »

Scomparire, to vanish.

This morning I looked in the mirror and realized that something was missing.
I think that I'm a rational man, metaphorically speaking I never lose my head. Literally speaking ... there is nothing on my neck.
Am I crazy? The world is an illusion that I created? My head is still "alive" and is thinking in some other place? Am I thinking in some other place?
Above all, how am I going to work?

Settings
The story takes places in the nineties during carnival, in a little village in Tuscany near the mountains.

Characters
Me, the hero of our story. Pictured in my clever disguise

The chicken is my boss. He's an obnoxious, immature little child. I don't want to talk about him.
The woman is Aurelia, my lover. One day. Certainly.

Quinto is my friend. I don't meet him frequently because he lives at Villa Camelia. Villa Camelia is the car park for old people. I don't know why, but Quinto decided to park himself there.

On the left, don Tiberio,Aurelia's younger half-brother. He tries to talk to me the less possible, he's really a good listener.
On the right, Esra, the old sister of my boss. She's pretty but I'm not interested in ladies with brats.

Two guys with silly costumes. One doesn't speak, the other speaks too much.

Pardon my engRish. There's a demo of the first chapter but it's only in Italian. I'm leaving translation as the last task.

Writing/translation:
The first chapter (roughly a fifth of the entire story) needs some polishing but it's basically done.
A question about translation: the characters in this story aren't in formal situations so they speak Tuscan, not perfect Italian (to be precise they speak Tuscan minus the constant swearing). I can force ask a family member to translate the story in correct English. Is this acceptable?

Art:
That's a solo project, and I'm working on it just for fun. Since the story is pretty big, between quality and quantity I decided to go for quantity.
As you can see the sprites are extremely simple. I hope that they are decent enough because, in all honesty, they are done for me.
What I can change are the colours and contrast of the images. I'm using a limited palette so I checked if everything looked OK in grayscale, if someone with some form of colour blindness has problems, please let me know.

Music:

Excluding some brief moments, this is a silent VN.

GUI:
Basically done.

Code:
I want to release the game under an open license, to not lose face the "code" needs some serious cleaning. With fire.

Other things:
The fonts, I made them and I hope they are acceptable. Are they?
Considering the relative small size of indexed images I opted for a big screen size 1200x1483. The finished zipped game shouldn't be more then 75/80MB

The Demo is here:
Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g7q9nbvjrt01 ... l.zip?dl=0
It includes BGs and spoilery CGs of later chapters.
Warning: violence, profanity, substance abuse, naked chicks. Naked chicks right now.

Smudgeed
Regular
itch: smud

Re: Scomparire [Drama, comedy]

#2 Post by Smudgeed »

Firstly I want to say that this looks great. I love the style of your art and I think the story is very intriguing. It seems very funny and interesting. The fonts look fine as well. I would also like to see this translated if it isn't too much trouble for you or your family member! I don't know any Italian but I would personally love to play this. Who knows maybe I'll just download the demo while I don't understand a thing? This really does look very interesting.

Best of luck :)

Corvo
Regular
Deviantart: Corvocollorosso

Re: Scomparire [Drama, comedy]

#3 Post by Corvo »

Thank you Smudgeed.
I can post a rough, rough, rough, rough translation at the end of the week.