Russian Male Voice Actor for Free

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
YeOlde_Monk
Completed: --Work in progress--
Projects: *Doesn't_have_name_yet*
Organization: Tolma4 Team

Russian Male Voice Actor for Free

#1 Post by YeOlde_Monk »

Hello, fellow creators!
My name is Dmitry, but I am mostly known as YeOlde_Monk. Though I'm known only in Russia for my translates in 'Tolma4 Team' group.

But that's not the point.

I've finished theatral colledge and was working as a puppeteer in our Theatre (now I'm studying again). I know English pretty well and talk almost without accent)) So, I can make American accent, British accent, English with Russian accent, and of course pure Russian - it's my native language.
Though I don't have pre-recorded demo reel with my voice, I've once tried to record some Let's-play videos with voice, but it didn't work out for me. And, as you understand, acting is a bit different from the live commentary (or something like that), so in my videos I'm worried and confused. But you still can imagine with that how would my voice sound like.

So, if you're interested in my voice, write here or pm me and I'll answer you asap)
(don't forget time zones :) )

UPDATE: I've made an actual demo reel this time!)
Last edited by YeOlde_Monk on Tue May 12, 2015 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Juno
Regular

Re: Male Voice Actor for Free

#2 Post by Juno »

You have a very nice voice, but I highly recommend you make a demo reel of some kind. Live commentary does not give us an idea of your actual acting abilities--especially your acting in English, which is what most people on this forum will be looking for.

I'm sure you can find some scripts to use or make up your own lines for the demo reel and put it together. Or simply dub over something. For my free video editing services, I didn't really have any examples of what I could do so I spent some time actually making a mock teaser trailer specifically for VNs literally titled "Lorem Ipsum".

YeOlde_Monk
Completed: --Work in progress--
Projects: *Doesn't_have_name_yet*
Organization: Tolma4 Team

Re: Male Voice Actor for Free

#3 Post by YeOlde_Monk »

Juno wrote:You have a very nice voice, but I highly recommend you make a demo reel of some kind.
Thank you! I have listened to your advice and made a demo reel)