Summer Novel Festival Discussion Thread [Jul - Aug Gamejam]

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Kailoto
Veteran
Completed: No VNs, but a few novels. :D
Projects: Artificial, Seven Deaths (inactive)

Re: Summer Novel Festival Discussion Thread [Jul - Aug Gamej

#46 Post by Kailoto »

annpan wrote:
SeventhStranger wrote:Yeesh.. I'm starting to feel as if I'm behind where I wanted to be at this stage. My project submission may end up being a "Chapter One" sort of deal, which I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do. BUT there's still time, something miraculous could happen :)
Oh do I feel you, this is the reason I don't tag SuNoFest in my development. I have hit a pause in my vn. I'm blanking on things at the moment... I want something miraculous to happen where I'm motivated to do everything for this festival but it ain't not happening because I'm turning up sick here and there in these past days due to drastic changes in weather over here...
Don't give up hope! I once came back from a huge deficit during NaNoWriMo... wrote 17,000 words in a day. Miracles can happen, they just require effort to make them happen!
Which I guess no longer makes the miracles, but hey, you get the point.
Things I've Written:
Sakura (Novel, Self Published, 80,000+ words)
City and Girl (Novel, First Draft, 70,000+ words)
Loka (Novel, Third Draft, 120,000+ words)

A layabout writer and programmer with lots of problems and even more ideas. Hyped for Persona 5.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#47 Post by Laiska »

Kailoto wrote:wrote 17,000 words in a day
Mad props. The most I've ever managed I think is 5k @_@

Kailoto
Veteran
Completed: No VNs, but a few novels. :D
Projects: Artificial, Seven Deaths (inactive)

#48 Post by Kailoto »

Laiska wrote:
Kailoto wrote:wrote 17,000 words in a day
Mad props. The most I've ever managed I think is 5k @_@
It was technically over the course of twenty hours... with a couple breaks for food in the middle. I started at 10:00 AM and ended at 7:00 AM. I don't recommend it, but it happened, and it sort of worked (I was aiming for twenty... I don't think that's humanly possible.) At the very least, it got me through a boring patch of the novel.
Things I've Written:
Sakura (Novel, Self Published, 80,000+ words)
City and Girl (Novel, First Draft, 70,000+ words)
Loka (Novel, Third Draft, 120,000+ words)

A layabout writer and programmer with lots of problems and even more ideas. Hyped for Persona 5.

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

#49 Post by paradigmshifty »

SuNoFes was a lot of fun! Congratulations everyone who finished :)

I'm throwing a SuNoFes survivors party for players, devs, and anyone who'd like to come! It's at http://plug.dj/sunofes
(yes it's a virtual party - you do need a plug.dj account, but it's worth it for the dancing avatars)
on Saturday (23rd August 2015) at 10am EST which is 3pm BST (UK time) for 4 hours.

At 2pm EST Bluebird Plays ‏@bluebirdplays is streaming all #SuNoFes Entries on http://twitch.tv/bluebirdplays

And because of timezones we will probably have an afterparty once the twitch stream ends.
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique