Departure

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
M12
Veteran

Departure

#1 Post by M12 »

Since childhood, the protagonist has been friends with Simone. In the upcoming weekend, Simone would turn eighteen. Our hero promised to celebrate with her. A day before the event, a truck sped through a redlight and towards the protagonist. Simone took the collision in his stead, sacrificing her life in the process.

After the incident, our protagonist fell into depression. Consumed by guilt, he started seeing visions of Simone. Were the images spawned from his imagination, or did Simone have final words to utter?

Departure will feature three endings, obtained based on the player's decisions. Players may enter a name for the protagonist.

Hope you'll all look forward to this. I wanted to build something light before moving onto Bermuda.

I'm hoping to write an audio drama, which will establish the relationship between Simone and her childhood friend. I'm looking for one male and one female actor(ess). Would anyone be interested? If so, please let me know! Thanks.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

Re: Departure

#2 Post by chronoluminaire »

M12 wrote:Hope you'll all look forward to this. I wanted to build something light before moving onto Bermuda.
Something light?! It doesn't sound especially cheery from the synopsis, but... :)
Still, I wish you all the best with it. An audio drama is a fascinating idea, which could work very well if you've got good script along with good VAs.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

M12
Veteran

#3 Post by M12 »

Nah "light" in terms of workload, not the atmosphere ^_^;. But yeah, good times ahead. The audio drama will most likely happen now, so hang on!

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#4 Post by Samu-kun »

Aww... I hope it's have some cute, happy moments instead of being sad all the way through... =_=;

Can you ressurect her in one of the endings? ^_^

M12
Veteran

#5 Post by M12 »

Hello. Just wanted to let everyone know that this project hasn't been abandoned. In fact, we've formed a VN development team, and we're building the audio drama together. It's nearly done, too. We just need Mirielle to do some final touches. Has anyone seen her on the forums lately :O?

I hope we can all be excited about this project. It's going to be a good time. 8)
Attachments
audioDrama.jpg

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by N0UGHTS »

Oooh... Looks pretty so far...

Mirielle? No, not recently, I think... Maybe the last time I saw her was a few weeks ago? Or at least her posts...

Love the plotline. Then again, I love psychological stuff...
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Twar3Draconis
Regular

#7 Post by Twar3Draconis »

I can't wait until I get to see it in action. :3