Drama/romance/sci-fi VN, looking for a free script writer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
ClannadFan
Tumblr: didjunoanime

Drama/romance/sci-fi VN, looking for a free script writer

#1 Post by ClannadFan »

Hello, everyone! I have been working on writing a story for a VN for a few months now, and I would like to find someone who can help write a certain part of the story for free. I currently have someone else helping with the writing, but he hasn't been able to commit much time to writing, so I would like to find someone else who can split this part of the story with him. I estimate the whole thing will end up between 100,000 - 150,000 words, and I have written about 30,000 words so far. Here is a run-down of the story:

Characters

Markus Walker
Markus is the main character who grows up in a society that is highly impersonal and unconcerned with making friendships and relationships with other people. He is highly unsatisfied with life because he takes everyone's coldness personally and thinks there is something wrong with him. He comes to view his dreams as an escape from reality and pursues a means to visit the worlds he sees in his dreams. He enjoys art and makes lots of paintings and drawings.
Usheya
Markus sees Usheya in a dream and falls in love with her. However, it is revealed in this dream that she already has a love interest, but the boy she loves dies in the dream. Markus hopes to meet her one day and bring the boy she loves back to life.
Wesley Milfred
A psychologist with a theory that dream worlds are real worlds that exist as alternate realities in the universe. Most people think his ideas are crazy. He trains Markus to experience lucid dreams so that he can interact with the worlds in his dreams.
Alicia
Markus' partner for a high school project. She is highly committed to getting good grades.
Lauren Bedford
An intelligent girl that Markus meets in college. She aspires to be a writer professionally. She is a caring person who invests a lot of time in making friendships and relationships work.
Sally
A friend of Lauren since high school. She thinks that Markus is the one for Lauren, even though Lauren does not feel intimately attached to Markus yet. She feels like she owes much of who she is to Lauren and even feels joy vicariously through Lauren, which is why she is so attached to the idea of a successful relationship between Markus and Lauren. Markus resents her for putting so much pressure on him to make the relationship work.

Synopsis

Markus has a dream in which he witnesses Usheya's lover die in a fire. He falls in love with her and spends the following years drawing depictions of her in his art. Markus' parents died when he was only 6 years old in a tornado, and he has a recurring nightmare in which he relives the tragedy over and over again. His parents raised him to appreciate the value of relationships with other people, but he has been utterly unable to make any friends because everyone else seems cold and distant. He meets Alicia in high school and, due to his inexperience with people showing any signs of friendship toward him, he misinterprets her desire to get a good grade on their team project as signs of her being interested in him. After he finds out this is not the case, he becomes afraid to interact with anybody, which drives him further into depression.
When he first starts going to college, he decides to visit a therapist to help with his depression. He meets Wesley, who can help him overcome his depression by using his experiences with dreams. Markus learns to have lucid dreams in the hopes that he can save his parents from the tornado in his recurring nightmare. He succeeds, and this helps him finally come to terms with the loss of his parents knowing that his parents have now been saved in an alternate reality (assuming Wesley's theory is correct).
Markus now has another aim. He wants to meet Usheya. He hasn't had another dream of her since the first one, but he hopes Wesley can help him revisit Usheya's world again. Unfortunately, Wesley says he has no way of doing this and suggests that Markus moves on. Markus is rather hurt by this and decides to quit visiting Wesley. He does take his advice, though, and starts dating Lauren, who he meets through Sally. After Markus and Lauren develop a decent relationship with each other, Wesley contacts Markus again and says that he has figured out a way for Markus to meet Usheya. Markus turns him down, saying he wants to be with Lauren, but the idea of being able to meet Usheya consumes his thoughts. Lauren notices this, and she pries. Markus tells her about Usheya, and Lauren says she thinks Wesley's theory is crazy. This makes Markus angry and he impulsively hits Lauren, effectively ending their relationship.
Markus decides to get back with Wesley again to see if he can meet Usheya again, hoping that he can bring Usheya's lover back to life.

That should give you a good idea of what is going on with the story. I am looking for another writer to help flesh out the part where Markus dates Lauren and some of Markus' dreams when he is training to have lucid dreams. I think this part will be something like 40,000 - 50,000 words. I would prefer someone who has some experience with writing fiction since I want someone who can provide criticism with what we write. I will consider anyone who is interested in working on this story for free, though.

I have an outline for how the story goes and all the parts I have written so far up on Google Drive, so if you have a Google account, I can share the documents with you on Google Drive.

I don't really have a timetable for this, so it's cool if you write slowly. I work full time, so I don't have much time to work on it myself. I only write like 3,000 words a week, so it'll be months before this thing is finished. I don't think I'll be getting an artist or doing any coding until most of the story is fully written out.

So if you are interested, please respond here or PM me! Thank you!

kawaii_penguin

Re: Drama/romance/sci-fi VN, looking for a free script write

#2 Post by kawaii_penguin »

Hey I'd love to offer my help~! I find the storyline intriguing. You can message or reply to this thanks~!