help!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
super_rookie

help!

#1 Post by super_rookie »

can anyone tell me where to download tales of lemma 2 for free (no payment) or if it's not out yet, pls tell me when it will be out.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: help!

#2 Post by papillon »

It's not out. But isn't it a little tacky of you to assume that the game was pay, but that the payment just shouldn't apply to *you* because you're so special, because after all, you're Lemma's deepest, closest, friend, which we can tell because you're such a frequent contributor to the community? :)

Anyway, I don't think it's even really being worked on at the moment, so there is no 'when it will be out'. It may never be out. If it is, it probably won't be any time soon. Unless BL is working on it secretly to spring it on us as a surprise. In which case, who knows?

Since most people here are fans making free games in their free time, there are no strict development schedules, and no guarantee of things ever being completed.

Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

#3 Post by Blue123 »

papillon wrote:It's not out. But isn't it a little tacky of you to assume that the game was pay, but that the payment just shouldn't apply to *you* because you're so special, because after all, you're Lemma's deepest, closest, friend, which we can tell because you're such a frequent contributor to the community? :)
Now then, there's no need to be using sarcasm against him. It doesn't hurt to be polite. :)

Anyway, as stated, there is no definite time when the game will be released. The majority of us are really doing it for fun and enjoyment in our own free time, and we have to balance it around our lives. Also, we're not really massive companies, so we kind of need all the money we can get. You should avoid asking for free copies of games, especially on a website full of developers! Sorry, mate.
Last edited by Blue123 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jake
Support Hero

#4 Post by Jake »

Blue123 wrote:Now then, there's no need to be using sarcasm against him. It doesn't hurt to be polite. :)
Hmm. Is copyright infringement 'polite'?

(Remember Papillon does run a game-development business, for actual money, so she's probably more sensitive to the problems facing people who sell games than you or I...)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

#5 Post by Blue123 »

Of course not. But is he using sarcasm and attacking us? And, as far as I can see, he hasn't pretended to be anything special. Really, he should not be asking for a free version of something that a person has worked very hard on, but there are a lot of people out there who are unfamiliar with the effort it takes to do these things. Constantly repeating offenders may deserve some flak, but people who are new should be politely and calmly informed about the time and skill it takes to produce a game.