The Eldritch Summoners [Fantasy,Adventure (Updated 9/16)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
wayward
Regular

The Eldritch Summoners [Fantasy,Adventure (Updated 9/16)

#1 Post by wayward »

If a mod can delete this post I'd appreciate it. Making some changes to my game that sort of makes it irrelevant here.
Last edited by wayward on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:55 am, edited 42 times in total.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

Re: The Eldritch Summoners [Fantasy,Adventure,Optional Horro

#2 Post by Laiska »

This looks rather interesting, but as your intro here talks a lot in generalities, I can't get any sense of what this game is actually about. Even if the script is one with many branches, what would you say your basic plot is? Beyond "Brez leaves his home and goes on a journey"?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3 Post by PyTom »

This looks quite good, although the pedant in me noticed that there's only one summoner in the team.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

wayward
Regular

#4 Post by wayward »

Laiska wrote:This looks rather interesting, but as your intro here talks a lot in generalities, I can't get any sense of what this game is actually about. Even if the script is one with many branches, what would you say your basic plot is? Beyond "Brez leaves his home and goes on a journey"?
There's a synopsis in the story section of the blog. I should have mentioned it was there. You should check it out as there is some more art to be seen that looks better there. It explains where the imminent trouble comes from.

I might put an extra story snippet in this post. We do want a lot to be discovered, but since you asked... Edit: Added it to the post
PyTom wrote:This looks quite good, although the pedant in me noticed that there's only one summoner in the team.
Hey, thanks for making Ren'Py! Hope we do it justice.

It'll all make sense eventually. The eldritch summoners are actually the bad guys, and oh, how they summon.
Last edited by wayward on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

underbliss
Regular
Projects: Ebon Light
Tumblr: underbliss
Deviantart: Ahnna

#5 Post by underbliss »

Oh, this looks like it'll be a lot of fun. There's an almost nostalgic feel to it (for me) in that the art and sense of the world is reminiscent of the fantasy RPG's I played when I was little little... but seeing that your original concept was a 2d RPG I shouldn't be surprised!

Looking forward to more updates! I love the art and character design and the plot sounds like it'll be interesting!

wayward
Regular

Re: The Eldritch Summoners [Fantasy,Adventure (Update 9/16)]

#6 Post by wayward »

Our first update will be a small one (no pun intended, seriously). Syfal, the peculiar monster, has been added to the list of characters.
underbliss wrote:Oh, this looks like it'll be a lot of fun. There's an almost nostalgic feel to it (for me) in that the art and sense of the world is reminiscent of the fantasy RPG's I played when I was little little... but seeing that your original concept was a 2d RPG I shouldn't be surprised!

Looking forward to more updates! I love the art and character design and the plot sounds like it'll be interesting!
To us that's a huge compliment. Thanks. We grew up on fantasy RPGs of the past, and they have definitely influenced the direction we plan to take this. I'm sure if I mentioned the classics that inspire us you'd say "yup".