Character Art Commissions

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
chlorofinite
Regular
Projects: Cicada
Organization: Sweet Rose Tea

Character Art Commissions

#1 Post by chlorofinite »

[examples under construction, coming Soon(TM) (seriously)]

[READ THIS FIRST] How to use PayPal to commission artwork

Character design
provided using this sheet where there is none for character art:
  • Character name:
    Eye color:
    Hair color, style, length:
    Skin color:
    Physical description:
    Other design notes:

Visual Novel Character Art Commissions

Sprites (tachi e)
mikansprite-ex-small.jpeg
$30 USD ~ Full body, full color, BMP or PNG
Each different pose and/or outfit counts as a separate sprite set. Limit 2 sets per character.
Limit: Up to 4 eye, eyebrow, mouth variations each (4 x 4 x 4 = 64 files)

Sheet
  • Pose description:
    Other notes:

Eyes ver. 1:
    Eyes ver. 2:
    Eyes ver. 3:
    Eyes ver. 4:
    Eyebrows ver. 1:
    Eyebrows ver. 2:
    Eyebrows ver. 3:
    Eyebrows ver. 4:
    Mouth ver. 1:
    Mouth ver. 2:
    Mouth ver. 3:
    Mouth ver. 4:

Event CG
$30 USD ~ Full color A4 300dpi cropped to desired resolution, BMP or PNG
Background not included, must provide background!
Limit: Up to 3 face variations

Sheet
  • Pose, facial expression description:
    Variations:
    Resolution:
    Other notes:

Promotional art
$25 USD ~ Full body, full color A4 350dpi, RGB + CMYK, Photoshop PSD
Single image, no background, no variations

Sheet
  • Pose, facial expression description:
    Other notes:

Commission process: agreement & terms → character design → lineart → payment → coloring, post processing → email files
You pay when I finish the lineart for me to continue on. Then when I finish the picture, I email you the image file(s).

I can email you a WIP screenshot of my progress every day if you'd like. Some works take a day, some take longer. Ideally a commission should be completed within one week, however I can make no promises. I apologize in advance if something takes longer than expected.

If my work is used in the final product of your project, I must be credited (as chlorofinite) for character design and original artwork. If my designs are used but not my artwork, I must still be credited for character design.

You may not sell my artwork without my written permission. This means you cannot sell merchandise with my artwork on it, even if the characters belong to you. Though, this can be negotiated. However, you can of course sell copies of your game containing my work.

Because of the way I work with lines and layers, my work typically cannot be animated with E-mote, Live2D, etc.
I can also only draw one outfit per pose because of this. Sorry.
However, if you really want animated sprites in this way, we can discuss it, but just know that I'm not as familiar with it all.

I will not draw:
  • non-humanoids (animals etc.)
    furries (kemonomimi OK)
    sexual content or nudity for characters that are underage (<18 years old), or characters that look significantly underage
    incest
    mecha

Well, if you read all that, my email is chlorofinite✨hotmail. Or you can post/PM me here I guess. I look forward to working with you.
Last edited by chlorofinite on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:47 am, edited 16 times in total.
(insert after-post anxiety here)

trevers18
Regular
Projects: As Fate Would Have It

Re: [FREE] lonely single artist looking for a VN to illust [

#2 Post by trevers18 »

Can the request only be for one character at a time? Either way, I'm sending one as you read this (or rather, have sent one by the time you've read this.)

chlorofinite
Regular

Re: [FREE] lonely single artist looking for a VN to illust [

#3 Post by chlorofinite »

I meant to post this a while ago but I would prefer only one character at a time, otherwise I might get overwhelmed, which leads me to get anxious, stress out, and procrastinate. Soooo it's better that that didn't happen, for all of us. u~u

chlorofinite
Regular

Re: [paid] Character Art Commissions (sprites, etc.) [0/1]

#4 Post by chlorofinite »

Update/bump: have gone from requests to commissions. (*throws confetti*)

←← My deviantArt (more formal) and Tumblr (less formal) can be found in my profile off to the left (or the right if this forum ever switches to phpBB3...)

I'm sorry my prices are... pricey, but I wouldn't feel comfortable asking for anything less. ;~; Please understand.

I hope I get to work with some of you!☆

chlorofinite
Regular

Re: [paid] Character Art Commissions (sprites, etc.) [0/1]

#5 Post by chlorofinite »

Just wanted to update - sort of - with a couple examples of what I like to call a "looser" style for lines and colors:
For this, I only use the airbrush tool for gradients before shading and use a paintbrush tool for everything else (except for eyes), instead of hard brushes and the blur tool. The first image is also actually a doodle I did for a test stream. I don't really use this style for major works, but if you want you can specifically request it. (The prices are the same, though.)