Is it difficult to develop a history of Idols?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
xPerfectSuicide
Regular
Completed: InuYame, My little Interview can't be this boring, In the middle of U days
Organization: Luis Design'S

Is it difficult to develop a history of Idols?

#1 Post by xPerfectSuicide »

Hello, Sometimes I think. to create a history of Idols only to do something "moe" but then maybe I think that the stories of Idols indeed have great potential to explore, each character should have a sufficiently complex personality creating arguments between them or something like that.

I thought of asking you, I have not much experience writing. what you would expect from a visual novel about Idols? Considering that a project would not be 18+ (Unfortunately) and focusing on the psychological and sentimental part of each of its members. What would be most important to consider? or the more difficult

PS. LoveLive was one of the reasons that I think to make a novel about Idols. (based on their main environment school Idols)

OneManArmy77

Re: Is it difficult to develop a history of Idols?

#2 Post by OneManArmy77 »

I think it could work well, but you might have a hard time trying to differentiate the characters, or at least more so than usual. As usual, the ideas can be fresh and interesting, but it comes down to the execution.

xPerfectSuicide
Regular
Completed: InuYame, My little Interview can't be this boring, In the middle of U days
Organization: Luis Design'S

#3 Post by xPerfectSuicide »

Yes. you're right. I think that creating a small group of characters to experience would be a good idea, and focus on the music. And that superficial things that make the Idols

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

#4 Post by verysunshine »

xPerfectSuicide wrote:Yes. you're right. I think that creating a small group of characters to experience would be a good idea, and focus on the music. And that superficial things that make the Idols
Agreed. Focusing on the music and the style of idols could be a great basis for characters.

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!

Enigma
Veteran

#5 Post by Enigma »

There are a lot of interesting things you can do with idols. For one thing there's the characters reactions to becoming famous, basically do they like/dislike being a public figure. With that goes how they try to either withdraw from fame or gain more depending on the character or point in the story. There's also a lot that could be done with an idol that is declining in popularity and how they treat losing their fame, especially the things they'd do to get their fame back. There's also a lot of pressure on idols (in japan at least) to be perfect waifu material (If I recall correctly there was even a time when most idols weren't allowed to have boyfriends cause they'd be less of a waifu for it) depending on the character's personality this could be the source of a lot of interesting content. Anyway, that's about all I can think of at the moment.