Bitter Truth [Romance - GxB/GxG]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

Bitter Truth [Romance - GxB/GxG]

#1 Post by Allegra Hughes »

(Not available at the moment)

Emilia, known as the “perfect girl” at Littlewood High, is insanely popular. Her life is complete now that Callister, the most popular guy in school and one of her best friends, has become her boyfriend. They’ve been going out for a while now and are living quite happily... until Emilia's childhood friend, Lily, transfers into her school. What's more, an interesting new student worker named Max just showed up at her job! With these two NEW ARRIVALS and William, her other best friend, added to the mix, life may be far less perfect than Emilia thought.

Bitter Truth is a slice of life visual novel with elements of a otome game.

Male and Female Romances
High Quality Artwork
Original Soundtrack
Multiple Endings
All player choices impact the game
CG and Music Gallery
Custom GUI
Potential Prequel and Epilogue
Potential Full Voice Acting

(Feel free to skip questions)

1. What are you thoughts on the plot so far?
2. Do the main characters interest you?
3. Which character seems to appeal to you the most? Why?
4. If we released a Kickstarter, would you support it? Why?
5. What additional gameplay features do you think the game would benefit from?
6. What is your overall opinion of Bitter Truth?
7. If you have any other thoughts or questions for us, please let us know below!

Image Image Image Image

Core Staff:
Chisa Studios
Sekai Project

Artists:
Lead Concept, Sprite - Gaby Mutiara (kimgaby)
CG - Gaby Mutiara (kimgaby) and Ray Cordova (53C)
Background - Ray Cordova (53C)
Logo - Erika Acosta (hiko27)
GUI - Skylar Nguyen (Skyevina)
Chibi - Andrea Lee (Kairui-chan)

Writers:
Story - Chandra "Sakura" Hughes
Story, Writer - Samantha Chan
Writer - Olivia Raymond (Hazel-Bun)

Music:
Composer - Chris Thurman

Programmer - Grace Barrett-Snyder
Last edited by Allegra Hughes on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:09 am, edited 36 times in total.

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

Re: Bitter Truth [Romance/Slice of Life/Dating Sim] [GxB/G]

#2 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Building Bitter Truth

Bitter Truth wasn’t always a visual novel. Back in 2011, we had written BT (formerly known as “Tsurai Shinjitsu”) as a radio play. It was supposed to be a cute romantic radio play that would be released with graphics; however, we were never able to complete the art aspect of it. Three years later, in 2014, we decided to revamp our project and make it a visual novel. And thus, our long trek commenced, making it to where we are now.

Every Monday, we will be releasing weekly updates talking about how we’ve been building Bitter Truth, and every Friday, you’ll get to see the awesome new assets!

Stay tuned!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#3 Post by Googaboga »

It's uncommon to see a romance VN where the MC is already in a relationship so that's pretty neat :].

Yes, but I'm more interested in knowing more about them than I am interested in what has been already said about them.

Emilia. She's super cute and just seems like the most stand out character to me :>.

A game's gotta have a demo and I have to see the exact rewards before I can decide if to back or not :).

I'm not sure how the game works currently so I don't really have any ideas of how it could be improved c:'. Is it a pure VN? It says it has dating sim elements but that could mean a lot of things.

I don't like drama stories but I also don't like when relationship issues work out easily/perfectly so, admittedly, these types of plots generally aren't for me. But because it's a VN and there is more than one way it can go, I'm interested in giving it a try to see the different ways it's handled/plays out :3.

7. If you have any other thoughts or questions for us, please let us know

I do have a couple questions :]. Is the game going to be free or commercial? How vital is the Kickstarter? If you don't have one or it isn't fully funded will the game take longer to come out, have fewer features, etc?

And, also, I like that you plan on having bi-weekly updates. Frequent (or at least semi-frequent) updates are something I really appreciate.

Good luck ^^.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#4 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Thanks for answering our feedback questions! We've addressed a few of your answers.
Googaboga wrote: 4. If we released a Kickstarter, would you support it? Why?
A game's gotta have a demo and I have to see the exact rewards before I can decide if to back or not :).
We plan to have a demo done by the end of this year.
Googaboga wrote:5. What additional gameplay features do you think the game would benefit from?
I'm not sure how the game works currently so I don't really have any ideas of how it could be improved c:'. Is it a pure VN? It says it has dating sim elements but that could mean a lot of things.
Bitter Truth is a pure VN. By "dating sim elements", we mean the player's choices affect how the other characters feel romantically toward the MC.
Googaboga wrote:6. What is your overall opinion of Bitter Truth?
I don't like drama stories but I also don't like when relationship issues work out easily/perfectly so, admittedly, these types of plots generally aren't for me. But because it's a VN and there is more than one way it can go, I'm interested in giving it a try to see the different ways it's handled/plays out :3.
While there is drama, we plan on handling it as realistically as possible. Some routes contain more drama than others, but overall, it is there because it does have importance to the story and ties into some of the important scenes.
Googaboga wrote:7. If you have any other thoughts or questions for us, please let us know
I do have a couple questions :]. Is the game going to be free or commercial? How vital is the Kickstarter? If you don't have one or it isn't fully funded will the game take longer to come out, have fewer features, etc?
Bitter Truth will be a free game, though we are considering including purchasable DLCs depending on the success of the project. The Kickstarter will be very vital to our success, as we are reaching the point where we can no longer afford to pay for the game assets with our own money. If the Kickstarter does not succeed, the game will most likely take a lot longer to come out with a shorter story, though this will depend on our budget later on.

deka

#5 Post by deka »

oh man, this really looks so amazing. The art is cute and beautiful;

1. What are you thoughts on the plot so far? It's interesting.
2. Do the main characters interest you? oh yeah
3. Which character seems to appeal to you the most? Why? william because he seems really cute and he is quiet so...??? and also i have an obsession with the boys with red hair.
4. If we released a Kickstarter, would you support it? Why? if I can: yes, because this game sounds really great
5. What additional gameplay features do you think the game would benefit from? I'm not sure sorry
6. What is your overall opinion of Bitter Truth? This will be a great game. The plot is amazing and the characters are cool, so... yeah, I will keep an eye on this.

good luck! and have a nice day.

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#6 Post by Allegra Hughes »

deka wrote:oh man, this really looks so amazing. The art is cute and beautiful;

1. What are you thoughts on the plot so far? It's interesting.
2. Do the main characters interest you? oh yeah
3. Which character seems to appeal to you the most? Why? william because he seems really cute and he is quiet so...??? and also i have an obsession with the boys with red hair.
4. If we released a Kickstarter, would you support it? Why? if I can: yes, because this game sounds really great
5. What additional gameplay features do you think the game would benefit from? I'm not sure sorry
6. What is your overall opinion of Bitter Truth? This will be a great game. The plot is amazing and the characters are cool, so... yeah, I will keep an eye on this.

good luck! and have a nice day.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like our project so far :D

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#7 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

runnerofwinds
Tumblr: runnerofwinds
Deviantart: runnerofwinds

#8 Post by runnerofwinds »

1. What are you thoughts on the plot so far? It's pretty unusual to have an MC who already has a significant other. :O I'm curious to see how it plays out! (Although a bit nervous.)
2. Do the main characters interest you? Yes, definitely. I love how they all seem like genuinely nice people, and I kinda just want to hug all of them.
3. Which character seems to appeal to you the most? Why? Mmm... This is hard! Emilia or Callister... maybe? I have a thing for smart guys with black hair, and Emilia just seems so... I don't know how to put it... relatable, maybe? Like she's a fully rounded person, with her own problems, her own personality, not just a soulless extension of the player.
4. If we released a Kickstarter, would you support it? Why? Ahh, I'm broke. T.T
5. What additional gameplay features do you think the game would benefit from? I can't think of any, really.
6. What is your overall opinion of Bitter Truth? I think it seems super promising! Not to mention the art is really pretty. :D I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.
Good luck!

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#9 Post by Allegra Hughes »

runnerofwinds wrote:1. What are you thoughts on the plot so far? It's pretty unusual to have an MC who already has a significant other. :O I'm curious to see how it plays out! (Although a bit nervous.)
2. Do the main characters interest you? Yes, definitely. I love how they all seem like genuinely nice people, and I kinda just want to hug all of them.
3. Which character seems to appeal to you the most? Why? Mmm... This is hard! Emilia or Callister... maybe? I have a thing for smart guys with black hair, and Emilia just seems so... I don't know how to put it... relatable, maybe? Like she's a fully rounded person, with her own problems, her own personality, not just a soulless extension of the player.
4. If we released a Kickstarter, would you support it? Why? Ahh, I'm broke. T.T
5. What additional gameplay features do you think the game would benefit from? I can't think of any, really.
6. What is your overall opinion of Bitter Truth? I think it seems super promising! Not to mention the art is really pretty. :D I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.
Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback! We were interested in creating a romantic VN without the normal, main character is single and ends up with someone, story. Though, since this was originally a radio play, that does explain a few things.

I'm glad you like our project so far :D

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#10 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Building Bitter Truth: Week 1 Assets

Connect with us:
Image Image Image
Last edited by Allegra Hughes on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

x.FallenEmpire.x

#11 Post by x.FallenEmpire.x »

I did not write that post. My friend was on my account and wrote that. I am not into yuri.
Last edited by x.FallenEmpire.x on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#12 Post by Allegra Hughes »

x.FallenEmpire.x wrote:1. What are you thoughts on the plot so far?
I don't think I've seen enough to be too sure, but it looks like it'll be interesting! There's a lot of room for conflict.

Yes, they all seem pretty diverse and intriguing.

Lily appeals to me the most; I'm excited to see the yuri. ^_^

I would only support it if I played the demo and really enjoyed it. I like to see what I'm supporting first. I would support it mostly because it looks interesting and includes yuri!

No extras are really needed, what's important is the plot and characters. If anything, a mini-game or two. Maybe an arcade date?

My overall opinion is good. I'd like to see a demo soon!

7. If you have any other thoughts or questions for us, please let us know below!
When are you planning to release? (may have missed it somewhere :P)
Thanks for the feedback! Just to clarify, the Yuri route would be available if a stretch goal is hit. Unfortunately we are running out of funds for the project. As for the release, we plan for the demo to be ready early 2016. For the final release, it entirely depends on the success of our Kickstarter unfortunately.

I'm glad you like our project so far :D

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#13 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#14 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Building Bitter Truth: Week 2 Assets

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

Genesis
Regular
Completed: Intrepid
Deviantart: Genn-esis

#15 Post by Genesis »

The plot is really my cup-of-tea; it seems like the type of story where it uncovers the main character's inner personality.
They do, but I wonder if there is something more to Callister than his 'handsome, popular and flirtatious' image.
I am interested in Emilia's personality partly because of what I mentioned in the first question; she has her own inner problems outside of her friendly facade. Another thing is also because I feel like I can relate to her fairly well, and I like relatable main characters :)
Unfortunately, I would not be able to because I am broke at the moment :(
There is one feature that I thought of (a personality meter kind of thing) but that depends on how the authors want to proceed with Emilia.
Any story that focuses on characters and relationships usually catches my eye, so I am definitely looking forward to this :D