XOXO Droplets [Comedy Otome Dating Sim][Free/Paid]08/31!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

XOXO Droplets [Comedy Otome Dating Sim][Free/Paid]08/31!

#1 Post by Googaboga »

XOXO Droplets is a massive dating sim about a humorously jerky young lady and her mission to woo one of six uniquely, but equally, obnoxious guys. Releasing August 31st, 2017!
The story begins when our nameable protagonist finally transfers into the boarding school of her dreams at the start of her junior year in high school. It would be perfect if it wasn't for that little catch attached to her enrollment: her parents will only let her keep attending the school if she doesn't make everyone there hate her, like she always does. Do your best to show just enough interest in the other losers around to appease the folks while still having time to chase after all the attractive guys in the MC's afterschool group, which just so happens to be a group for chronically unfriendable people.

XOXO Droplets is aiming for a July 2017 release.

Rated T for crude humor, censored swearing, and suggestive dialog
Full Features:
When it comes to the dating-
  • 6 extremely distinct jerk main boyfriend options
    2 sweet but not-especially-bright side boyfriend options
    6 minor clique boyfriend options, each with a bonus effect that makes the game easier
    Partial voicing. Almost 1,000 lines voiced
    Develop a relationship with a guy simply by spending time with him; exactly what you do together doesn't matter
    Use your in-game phone to call a guy up and arrange a date at one of several different locations
    Unlock additional scenes by officially being in a relationship
    Break up with your official boyfriend and start dating someone else, if you feel like
And everything else-
  • 270,000 words and hundreds of events
    Event settings that allow you to automatically skip certain types of events
    A collage-style ending system where you get events for every goal you achieved during the game, as opposed to just one
    6 side characters who'll be your buddies
    A variety of methods to manage your Reputation with the unimportant students
    Over 20 accessories to decorate the MC with
    Part-time jobs, stores to visit, useful items
    Optional mini-games
    Cheat codes for those who don't give a f*** about gameplay and just wanna see the events

Cast List-
Everett Gray: DJ Horn
https://twitter.com/DJNOSTYLE

Nate Lawson: Belsheber Rusape
https://twitter.com/RusapeB

Shiloh Fields: Brendan Blaber
https://www.youtube.com/user/JelloApocalypse

Bae Pyoun: Griffin Puatu
http://griffvoices.com

Jeremy King: Calvin Joyal
https://twitter.com/calvin_joyal

Pran Taylor: P.M. Seymour
https://twitter.com/PatMSeymourVA

JB (Nameable Protagonist): Dee Margret Turner
https://twitter.com/DMargretTurner

Alicia Rosales: Anairis Quinones
http://anairisquinones.com/

Missy Smith: Elsie Lovelock
https://www.youtube.com/user/SweetPoffin

Kam Sung: TonyOnorific
https://twitter.com/TonyOnorific?lang=en

Adrian Wulu: Kyotosomo
https://www.youtube.com/kyotosomo

Cala Gerges: Dani Chambers
http://www.danidchambers.com

Nurse Lynn: Michael Kovach
https://www.facebook.com/kovachVO/

Romeo Franco: Rowan Cross

Trent Duncan: Joseph Ryan
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSpNcV ... -QV9HBxrFA

-On a scale of thrilled to really thrilled, how do feel about this project?

-If we twisted your arm behind your back and just demanded you choose between all these astounding characters, who would you pick as your favorite(s) so far?

-If you tried the demo, what did you think?

-Any questions, comments, expectations, whatever?
Thanks for reading ^3^~
Last edited by Googaboga on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 57 times in total.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

Re: XOXO Droplets [Unromantic Dating Sim][Comedy][GxB][$$$]

#2 Post by akemicchi »

On a scale of thrilled to really thrilled, how do feel about this project?
Really, extra, mega, super thrilled. I love dating sims, I love comedy games, I love characters being mean/insufferable to one another, and I love weird/unsual characters. This game has everything I'm interested in. ;_; Also, an extremely cute GUI. It's very pleasant to look at; I won't ever get tired of it.

If we twisted your arm behind your back and just demanded you choose between all these astounding characters, who would you pick as your favorite(s) so far?
Based on the screenshots, I'm liking M.C. a lot, hahaha. Cala seems like an absolute cutie, though, because a little girl hustler psychic and all.

... Actually, reading everyone's bios, I like everyone. ;_; Cala, Romeo, Missy, and Alicia are my favorites so far. I like Cala, Missy, and Alicia's functions, hahaha. Jellybean is also amazing, wtf, I didn't expect her to be that way and I'm definitely interested in seeing what the game is going to be like with her as the protagonist.

I'll reply again when all the boyfriends are up and decide which one of them I like so far.

Do you think you'll follow the game's updates (we'll be having one every single day on our blog for the next two months, they'll be linked in this thread too)? Why/Why not?
I'll only be able to check like once a week, but I'll definitely keep up with updates. As for why, it's because I'm interested in this game. x'D

Any questions, comments, expectations, whatever?
Just an amazingly fun game that focuses on fun as opposed to preaching to the audience. I'm pretty tired of games that keep spouting messages, like, "This is a bad person, they need to change for the better because we don't want to send or perpetuate a bad message" like people are idiots and are incapable of recognize bad influences as bad influences. I'm excited to play a character like Jellybean who's just herself, even with all her bad traits.

Anyway, I'm expecting it to be a lot like Tokimemo GS in terms of gameplay. Minigames, weekly planners, dating spots (looks like it's in the screenshot), phone calls to invite people (looks like that's in there too), even the collage endings... GUI looks amazing and fun, the items look really nice, and the backgrounds are super nice, too. MC looks like a floating head, though, what with all the space available at the bottom and the ribbon cutting off right around the neck.

I'm super excited for this game, yo.

I have a few questions, too:
1. How long does the game span for? What's the estimated gameplay time for one route?
2. Around how much will the game cost? Which sites are you going to sell it on?
3. Are there going to be minigames?

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Googaboga »

Thanks for feedback akemicchi ^^.

Really, extra, mega, super thrilled. I love dating sims, I love comedy games, I love characters being mean/insufferable to one another, and I love weird/unsual characters. This game has everything I'm interested in. ;_; Also, an extremely cute GUI. It's very pleasant to look at; I won't ever get tired of it.
Hehe, thank you and awesome. Always nice to see fellow fans of ridiculous characters X3.
Based on the screenshots, I'm liking M.C. a lot, hahaha. Cala seems like an absolute cutie, though, because a little girl hustler psychic and all.

... Actually, reading everyone's bios, I like everyone. ;_; Cala, Romeo, Missy, and Alicia are my favorites so far. I like Cala, Missy, and Alicia's functions, hahaha. Jellybean is also amazing, wtf, I didn't expect her to be that way and I'm definitely interested in seeing what the game is going to be like with her as the protagonist.

I'll reply again when all the boyfriends are up and decide which one of them I like so far.
Good to know! And I'm happy to hear you like the MC. I prefer games where the best character to have around is the character you're always with, so it's great you're liking her so far.
I'll only be able to check like once a week, but I'll definitely keep up with updates. As for why, it's because I'm interested in this game. x'D
Cool :].
Just an amazingly fun game that focuses on fun as opposed to preaching to the audience. I'm pretty tired of games that keep spouting messages, like, "This is a bad person, they need to change for the better because we don't want to send or perpetuate a bad message" like people are idiots and are incapable of recognize bad influences as bad influences. I'm excited to play a character like Jellybean who's just herself, even with all her bad traits.
Haha, yeah, these characters will never be role models, but I think that's fine as long as you're having a good time :wink:.
Anyway, I'm expecting it to be a lot like Tokimemo GS in terms of gameplay. Minigames, weekly planners, dating spots (looks like it's in the screenshot), phone calls to invite people (looks like that's in there too), even the collage endings... GUI looks amazing and fun, the items look really nice, and the backgrounds are super nice, too.
We've got almost all of that, no weekly planner though. The stuff you do gameplay-wise has a lot of similarities to traditional stat raising but doesn't use that kind of format. It's a 'one day at a time' kind of deal. It goes faster than you might think though once you get the hang of it (plus it's more important to work towards being able to skip it anyways).

Thanks C:.
MC looks like a floating head, though, what with all the space available at the bottom and the ribbon cutting off right around the neck.
The extra space is so accessories that hang down, like a scarf or necklace, can still be seen. As for why she's just a head, well, I decided that since we were gonna have accessories actually appear in the MC I figured those should be the focus. So we weren't gonna have an image that showed much of the MC, that way the accessories would be easier to see since her face was closer up and people wouldn't have to worry about making their accessories look good with an outfit. After that decision there were two ways it could go: cut it off under her shoulders or cut it off right at the neck. The shoulders make more sense look-wise but has the con of requiring several new layers for the MC because you'd still see her outfit a little and the game puts her in situations where her clothes would need to change a lot. Cutting it off at the neck means we wouldn't have to worry about her outfit at all but has the con of looking a kind of weird. As you can see, we went with the lazier simpler option.
I'm super excited for this game, yo.

I have a few questions, too:
1. How long does the game span for? What's the estimated gameplay time for one route?
2. Around how much will the game cost? Which sites are you going to sell it on?
3. Are there going to be minigames?
1. It spans almost two full years. The in-game calender is as long as the real world one.

2. Likely $20-$25 for everything, but we're hoping to make it available at a cheaper price with certain content locked as well (the rest of the content could be unlocked later if the buyer wanted). The cheaper version would be $14.99.
Itch.io, possibly Steam, and hopefully our own direct site.

3. Yes, there are two optional mini-games. You can play one while getting Cala's service (or pay more to skip the game) and there's also one in the store headed by one of the Side Boyfriends.

Thanks again and for those wondering who made all those beautiful sprites, that's akemicchi work :3. She's a joy to have on the team.
In-Progress:
Released:

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4 Post by Rinima »

On a scale of thrilled to really thrilled, how do feel about this project?
It looks like it could be interesting, and I personally enjoy characters being dicks to each other, so that's a bonus.

If we twisted your arm behind your back and just demanded you choose between all these astounding characters, who would you pick as your favorite(s) so far?
Probably the MC since I love girls that are dicks.

Do you think you'll follow the game's updates (we'll be having one every single day on our blog for the next two months, they'll be linked in this thread too)? Why/Why not? Probably cause I'm free XD

Any questions, comments, expectations, whatever? Why is the MC a floating head? And why is she wearing a ribbon around her neck?
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Googaboga »

It looks like it could be interesting, and I personally enjoy characters being dicks to each other, so that's a bonus.
Great, that's pretty much the whole game :wink:.
Probably the MC since I love girls that are dicks.

Haha, me too. And, even though it's not as obvious, the rest of the girls aren't all that nice either.
Probably cause I'm free XD
Hooray, thanks X3.
Why is the MC a floating head? And why is she wearing a ribbon around her neck?
Ribbons are just one of the many accessories you can put on the MC. A ribbon is the first one you get so they are the first ones being shown. Once we start posting screenshots fairly regularly we'll show her with other things on too :].

And then here's an answer I posted about the head earlier:
"As for why she's just a head, well, I decided that since we were gonna have accessories actually appear in the MC I figured those should be the focus. So we weren't gonna have an image that showed much of the MC, that way the accessories would be easier to see since her face was closer up and people wouldn't have to worry about making their accessories look good with an outfit. After that decision there were two ways it could go: cut it off under her shoulders or cut it off right at the neck. The shoulders make more sense look-wise but has the con of requiring several new layers for the MC because you'd still see her outfit a little and the game puts her in situations where her clothes would need to change a lot. Cutting it off at the neck means we wouldn't have to worry about her outfit at all but has the con of looking a kind of weird. As you can see, we went with the lazier simpler option."
In-Progress:
Released:

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#6 Post by Rinima »

Googaboga wrote:Ribbons are just one of the many accessories you can put on the MC. A ribbon is the first one you get so they are the first ones being shown. Once we start posting screenshots fairly regularly we'll show her with other things on too :].

And then here's an answer I posted about the head earlier:
"As for why she's just a head, well, I decided that since we were gonna have accessories actually appear in the MC I figured those should be the focus. So we weren't gonna have an image that showed much of the MC, that way the accessories would be easier to see since her face was closer up and people wouldn't have to worry about making their accessories look good with an outfit. After that decision there were two ways it could go: cut it off under her shoulders or cut it off right at the neck. The shoulders make more sense look-wise but has the con of requiring several new layers for the MC because you'd still see her outfit a little and the game puts her in situations where her clothes would need to change a lot. Cutting it off at the neck means we wouldn't have to worry about her outfit at all but has the con of looking a kind of weird. As you can see, we went with the lazier simpler option."
*holds head* Ouch my head XD But yea, that makes sense.

Also, I have another question: does the MC have to have accessories or can we skip that bit?
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Googaboga »

You can totally skip it. At the beginning you get one free accessory (a ribbon) just so you have something, but you can take it off almost right away and never have to do anything with accessories again C:.
In-Progress:
Released:

wayward
Regular

#8 Post by wayward »

I love the dynamic of people in boarding schools. that's always interested me. being there with a bunch of strangers. cant wait to see what comes of it.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Googaboga »

Thanks wayward :>.
In-Progress:
Released:

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#10 Post by Godline »

sjfhdsgjhsakfjhsf Googaboga is making another game!
Yay!!!

(That's all I have to say, so of course I'm excited). I will go through the characters and stuff at a later date, when it's getting closer to completion.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Googaboga »

Aww, thanks Godline ^v^.
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Googaboga »

Okay, so I'm not really sure what's the best way to link the blog updates yet ':3. I guess I'll just post them as they come along and then maybe make a new section in the first post where they get compiled.

But, anyways, here's the Part 1 of our gameplay updates:
http://xoxo-droplets.tumblr.com/post/12 ... us-display

It goes over really basic stuff like money and energy.
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Googaboga »

To save space in the doc I'll wait until the end of the week to put updates from now on.

Gameplay Part 2:
http://xoxo-droplets.tumblr.com/post/12 ... -2-cliques

Extra Screenshots:
http://xoxo-droplets.tumblr.com/post/12 ... nna-upload
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Googaboga »

Okay, so tomorrow I'll be updating the first post with the bios/images of those two minor dateable guys and compiling all the gameplay explanation links into a new section :].

But for now I'll just put the links here again.

Gameplay Part 3: Weekdays
http://xoxo-droplets.tumblr.com/post/12 ... 3-weekdays

Gameplay Part 4: Weekends
http://xoxo-droplets.tumblr.com/post/12 ... 4-weekends

Gameplay Part 5: Shopping
http://xoxo-droplets.tumblr.com/post/12 ... 5-shopping

Gameplay Part 6: Side Conversations
http://xoxo-droplets.tumblr.com/post/12 ... versations

Extra Screenshots:
http://xoxo-droplets.tumblr.com/post/12 ... ery-nice-t
In-Progress:
Released:

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#15 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

This looks great! Gah, I just want to play it already, it seems so fun and exciting to play. I really like how she isn't your typical protagonist, that makes things really interesting. Can't wait, I'll be eagerly waiting and stalking this! :)
ImageImage