Currently there is not any way to implement Live2D or Emote?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
xPerfectSuicide
Regular
Completed: InuYame, My little Interview can't be this boring, In the middle of U days
Organization: Luis Design'S

Currently there is not any way to implement Live2D or Emote?

#1 Post by xPerfectSuicide »

Hello" Currently there is not any way to implement Live2D or E-mote in Ren'Py?

I have a good time doing things with Live2D and I wonder if my favorite engine of visual novels of all time has a way to implement it

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Currently there is not any way to implement Live2D or Em

#2 Post by Donmai »

No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

astrokeofmadness
Regular
Completed: AAA:Book 1
Projects: A Stroke of Apprehension

#3 Post by astrokeofmadness »

I've got live2d sprites running in my game- example see avatar, for now at least I don't know if there is any way to get live2d functions into renpy though. You can however just export your animations as png sequences and input them into renpy as animations.

xPerfectSuicide
Regular
Completed: InuYame, My little Interview can't be this boring, In the middle of U days
Organization: Luis Design'S

#4 Post by xPerfectSuicide »

But that would put slow the game, right? and when passing expressions would be unnatural

Live2D is an amazing tool, and in fact (as I read in the topic above) has several ways to use free, commercially and personally

astrokeofmadness
Regular
Completed: AAA:Book 1
Projects: A Stroke of Apprehension

#5 Post by astrokeofmadness »

Slowdowns aren't too bad, 1 animation on screen only shouldn't cause any issues, 2 might if your computer is really old, 3 on low range computers and if speeding through the animations. Expressions would require some tinkering to get to look good, but no reason why you couldn't manage it. So long as your idle animation is very minor in movement, the transition from idle to new animation wouldn't be very jarring. Obviously you couldn't make the animation in my avatar an idle animation for example.