My OC's

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Silverheart7

My OC's

#1 Post by Silverheart7 »

FIRST OC: 5-star General, Leader of Demon Army, 2nd princess of Odium, Dominus tenebrarum, Diavolo Crespula

Age: appears 13-15 but has a knowledgeable (But not mature!!) air

Appearance: Ummm... well...

Personality: Incredibly devious, playful, somewhat... smart (or maybe cunning), Strong, has an INCREDIBLE temper, one of her only good points is being protective of the friends she has. She is also thinks violence is the best answer to life.

Biography: Dia was born of the royal family in the demon world kingdom Odium. Do to her being a second child, usually less powerful than the first child, she was significantly less pampered then her sister, who everyone thought would be more powerful. Ultimately, this worked in her favor. Around the time when children were tested for power, she showed an incredibly high aptitude for magic that rivaled even the founder of the kingdom. At an incredibly young age, she became a high stationed general in the demon army. She was often called "The Red Grim Reaper" due to her merciless and cunning personality, even for a demon. She showed little interest for the throne due to the fact she'd have too many parties and power hungry back-stabbers who she claimed were "even worse than her". She says she has to attend enough parties already. During a battle against the enemy nation Celementum, most of her power was sealed and she was sent to the human world.

Will I ever do anything with her: Someday, I might write something about her. You know, when I'm not drowning with work.

NEXT OC: Duchess of Albis, 1st Princess of Odium, Venis Crespula

Appearance: See below

Personality: Queenly, Calm, Mature, Diplomatic (According to Dia, a pacifist), Has a quiet and mature aura, very knowledgable, Appears to be quite contrasting to her sister, Rather kind (She still takes a stand for her kingdom), Somewhat sheltered, Loves her sister.

Bio: The first child of Odium, Venis was rather sheltered and adored while her younger sister, Dia, was rather ignored until a few years ago, when she first showed signs of extreme magical power. Venis, in her childhood, loved to play with her younger sister and doted on her (Which Dia found quite annoying). She has rather strong power for a queen, although it doesn't hold a candle to her sister. She is queenly and is well liked by all of the kingdom. Her diplomatic approach is new to the demon kingdom Odium, who have always done things Dia-style (AKA blowing stuff up and beating everything in their way). Her life has always been rather sheltered, which has made her thoughtful and generous. She is known for being incredibly beautiful. Her subjects call her "The Silver Bell"
Attachments
Quick sketch of Venis
Quick sketch of Venis
a 5-min sketch of Dia I did in school. I AM AWARE IT SUCKS. I'll upload something better later
a 5-min sketch of Dia I did in school. I AM AWARE IT SUCKS. I'll upload something better later
Dia in her original outfit with only 1 pigtail.
Dia in her original outfit with only 1 pigtail.
Last edited by Silverheart7 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: Feedback on concept art?

#2 Post by MaiMai »

The first question you should ask yourself is, "What IS the concept I am trying to get across here?" Right now, I just see a picture of an anime styled girl. What is her personality? Is there a backstory for her? Why does she dress the way she does and how does that reflect her personality? If you Google "concept art" you'll see that people will draw full body concepts of characters; it's basically like making rough drafts in order to reach a final end result:

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow ... iAodFVgDOQ

Here's anime styled concept art:
https://www.google.com/search?newwindow ... iAodNiEHvA

For more technical feedback, there's a lot of drawing basics that you could work on. You forgot to draw eyebrows and ears should be showing if the hairstyle is tied up like that.

We have an Art Resources thread where you can start researching the basics if you're really into drawing more: https://www.google.com/search?newwindow ... iAodNiEHvA

Keep going and good luck!
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Silverheart7

#3 Post by Silverheart7 »

thank you!!
Note:This girl is incredibly klutzy and does incredibly stupid stuff. She isn't really dumb, she just is the worst klutz ever (DO NOT THINK THIS IS EXAGGERATING)

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#4 Post by MaiMai »

I actually decided to doodle your OC because I felt there was some potential for the design. Just gotta practice a lot! :D
Attachments
[color]silverheartsoc.jpg
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Silverheart7

#5 Post by Silverheart7 »

Thanks!! I appreciate it.
Note:This girl is incredibly klutzy and does incredibly stupid stuff. She isn't really dumb, she just is the worst klutz ever (DO NOT THINK THIS IS EXAGGERATING)