Adolescence, A love-simulation game

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
hima

Adolescence, A love-simulation game

#1 Post by hima »

Adolescence

Genre : Love-Simulation
Players : 1 player
Spec : Minimum requirement for RPG Maker XP to run ;)

Test Videos
Walking Home Testing Video

Lunch Conversation Testing Video

Siranee Character Tracking Video

STORY :
Art is leaving Thailand on the 18th of February to study abroad. However, he hasn't told his true feeling to Dao, his secret first crush and his classmate. With only one month left, will

he succeed in getting her heart? Or will he realize that his heart actually belong to someone else? This is going to be the longest month of Art's life.

Features
  • Conversation Simulation System : Plan your conversation with the girls wisely! They will affect your status and your relationship!
  • Animated Characters : All main characters are animated, which bring the characters to life.
  • Girls have parameters like you do! : Unlike other games, girls will also have their own parameters just like yours. Use this information wisely to help plan your conversation!
  • Multiple Endings : One character may have more than one ending, depending on how you play.
  • Down to earth, touching and heart-warming scenarios : All the scenario will make you smile all the way to the end.

Characters
- Main Characters -
ART
- Main character of the game. You'll be controlling him, trying to win one of the girls' heart in the game. Art used to be interested in art. However, he decided to take the science major

in highschool in order to be with Dao, his first crush.

DAO
- The main heroine of the game. She's Art's secret first crush. Being good at almost everything, Dao's pretty much the girl that everyboy wish she's their girlfriend. However, she

doesn't really care about romantic relationship at the moment. Her first priority right now is to find out what she's really like, so that she could choose the right college to go to in the

future. Dao is also a class president. She spends most of her time helping school staffs and teachers.

FAH
- Dao's twin younger sister. Regardless of being twins, she's completely different from her sister. If Dao were a princess, Fah would be a princess warrior. While, Fah isn't good at

everything like her sister, she's a very talented artist. Fah knows about Art's feeling toward Dao, and she's been trying to help him since freshmen year. She's also one of the few people

who know that Art used to be a good artist, since they used to go to the same middle school.

AI
- Ai is the captain of the school tennis club. She's Thai-German, hence the different color of her eyes and her hair. She's very strict and kind of perky. Somehow, she's very popular

among the sophomores and freshmen - especially the girls, while the boys think that she's just a control freak. Ai will be really serious when it comes to competition. She set her heart

on winning, as if the word 'lose' isn't in her dictionary.

FLUTE
- One of Art's classmates. She's a very talented flute player, and hence she's in the school band. She's actually a nice and talkative person. However, everytime Art try to talk to her, he

notice that Flute try to avoid having any interaction with him for some reasons. For example, if she was talking to her friends and Art walks in, she'll pretend he wasn't there or just

walk away. Will Art ever find out what's troubling her?

BAITOEI
- A very shy sophomore girl whom Art remember from last year freshmen seminar. Since Baitoei loves to read books so much, she decided to work as a school librarian. She has real

problems talking to boys, since she never went to school with boys before. Will Art be able to help her overcome this problem?

SIRANEE
- A.K.A. School cupid. Siranee loves to help people with relationship problems. For some reason, she manage to collect almost everyone in the school information. There's a rumor

that even teachers have to ask for her help when it comes to relationship. Throughout the game, she will be your important ally, providing you all the information you need to know

about any girl. She's a very talkative and active person.

MOREE
- Moree is a "Yokult Girl", a person selling "Yokult" brand yogurt. Her job is to ride a motorbike and send the bottles of Yokult to those who order. Since she's older than Art, Moree

think of Art as a little brother that she never has.

- Sub Character -
ITH
- One of Art's best friends. Most people just call him "little monkey". He's a happy-go-lucky kind of guy. While study doesn't interest him, he's all for basketball. One of the reason

why he likes playing basketball so much has to do with his height. He hopes that he'll be taller one day.

GONG
- One of Art's best friends. While Ith is a little monkey, people call Gong a "polar bear". Regardless of his naive and innocence looks, he's a very bright person. However, he's more

interested in cooking and eating the food he cook. Nobody has ever seen him angry and nobody could imagine what he would be if he ever get mad.

Test Videos

Option Screen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YXoeiEnCW0

Title Screen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u81FMjCrlEI

Design

Musics
Dao's Theme Song

Fah's Theme Song

Opening Theme Song

• Userbars
:: STAFFS ::
Artwork - Cocon
Game Design & Programming - Hima
Graphic & Animation - Piti
Music - Kid

:: CREDITS ::
Cybersam - Input script.
Mr.Mo - Mouse Interactive.
Near Fantastica - Mouse Module.

Like our games? Want to support? You can support us by making a donation!

Paypal allows us to keep track of the donor, so the donor will get a discount or some extra knickknacks once the game is released :)
Last edited by hima on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#2 Post by Samu-kun »

Yup, I think I've seen this project on the RPG Maker boards before. Looks great! For some reason, the art kind of reminds me of Hanzo Miyazaki's work. *nodnod* Good luck finishing your project. :3

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Adolescence, A love-simulation game

#3 Post by monele »

Very nice cast of characters, both art and personality-wise ^_^. I'm already <3 for Baitoei and Moree :)

qq
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate- BG artist

#4 Post by qq »

Very impressive art! Good luck on your project.
Frog and Kisses Studio
Please visit my Art Blog

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#5 Post by LVUER »

What a gorgeous art. Simple yet charming. And I like thes characters. Can't wait until it's released.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#6 Post by sake-bento »

The art is quite lovely, and this looks like it will be an interesting game. I looked at some of the sample videos, and I'm quite impressed. I love the extra touches like animated characters and backgrounds. Definitely makes the game feel more immersive.

proudy

#7 Post by proudy »

wow, i like the look of this game, can't wait for it to be finished and released

Nessiah
Regular
Completed: Valthirian Arc
Projects: DollMaker

#8 Post by Nessiah »

Wow hima, you're here too :D
I Saw this in rmxp.org and so I'll reply just here XD
The game looks nice :)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

hima

#9 Post by hima »

It's been a long time XD Today I have good news to announce. Finally, all the Cutscene sketches are finished! I believe we have 150 something in total. So get ready to play finish this game at least 10 times (Hopefully!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/ ... Event1.gif

Here's one of the picture where Art (the main guy) forgot to do his homework, but since he's been such a great guy to Dao, she let Art copy hers.

elli

#10 Post by elli »

>>'' I'm so excited for this game to come out~ Keep it up! The art is lovely, I love the style of the game as a whole~
I'll savor those 150 cgis when it comes out...Savor them! xD
Keep it up~ I'm glad to see an update on this!

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by N0UGHTS »

Everyone above me has spoken for me... Really, the only thing I can add to this thread is

HOLY @*%& this looks like a commercial game!!! (Well it is, I know that, but...) Iiii waaaantss...
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Saori
Regular

#12 Post by Saori »

A-amazing... Everyone has normal hair color! o [] o

Your characters all look so normal, I really can't get over that fact. Hahaha. It's amazing how well you pulled that off. I think with how the characters look, the game will have an atmosphere that's easier to envision and relate to. Also, I couldn't help but notice Ms. Yakult. I tend to drink Yakult once in a while *random*

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by N0UGHTS »

Saori wrote:Also, I couldn't help but notice Ms. Yakult. I tend to drink Yakult once in a while *random*
No no no, it's Yokult. :coughtrademarkissueslegalbattlecough:

I like Yakult, too...

...I love the hair, too... H-how did, what did you... At least say what programs, pleez? So shiny...

So how far are you guys into development? Is it just finalizing all the cutscenes, or...
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

hima

#14 Post by hima »

He he he. NOUGHT is right, it's Yokult! :P Anyway, I'm glad that you guys like how all the characters are normal. It's actually what we want to achieve. A love-simulation game that takes place in today's world. Not that I have anything against loli or anime, but I think with this kind of art style, it'll give a game more realistic feels to it. Like you said, I hope people can relate to them easier.

Also, in Thailand, a country that I'm from, many people are against Thai people drawing anime and putting them into Thai environment. However, it seems like with this art style, Thai people can accept them to look like what Thai characters should be. I hope this will be a first start to change what Thai people think about Thai game/anime.

As for the game progress, it's actually playable. However, it isn't so much fun without events and ACTUAL characters in the game. Right now all characters are replaced by a stick figure for placeholder hehe. Please see the test video to see what the game looks like, though keep in mind that those are old and all the works are still in progress and are subject to change.

But all the game scenarios has been planned. It's just the matter of put them into the game itself now. And I still need to work on 'Item System', where you can equip or use items to customize your character. For example, wearing a lucky pendant to school will increase your chance to meet any free event by 20%. Some item can be obtained from getting a character specific ending. Usually these are rare and powerful items that'll help with your next playthrough. After this system is done , it's time for me to put everything together to make the actual game, which I hope it should be the end of this year or something. XD

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#15 Post by Vatina »

Wow, that's a lot of pictures - I suddenly feel unproductive :P

Nice to hear about your progress! I'm looking forward to this. And the item system sounds interesting.