Quantum Suicide [Sci-fi/Puzzle/Rom] PC/PSVita - Mid/Late '17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CottonCandyCyanide

Quantum Suicide [Sci-fi/Puzzle/Rom] PC/PSVita - Mid/Late '17

#1 Post by CottonCandyCyanide »

Quantum Suicide is a game of betrayal, deception and romance in the cold depths of space.

Quantum Suicide is a game of betrayal, deception and romance in the cold depths of space. This science fiction thriller tells the tale of an intergenerational mission and its diverse crew, fighting against a deadly AI (and each other) for the chance to survive. Strategy, love interests and quantum mechanics await you. Your choices change the fate of everyone in Quantum Suicide, releasing on PC and Mac mid 2017, and the PlayStation Vita in late 2017.

Welcome aboard the Everett.
UPDATE: Join our MAILING LIST for a chance to WIN PRIZES!!
UPDATE: HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
UPDATE: QUANTUM SUICIDE HAS BEEN 100% FUNDED ON KICKSTARTER!

OVERVIEW
Quantum Suicide by Cotton Candy Cyanide is inspired by story-driven Japanese Visual Novels such as Danganronpa, and the Virtues Last Reward series.

In Quantum Suicide, you play as a researcher aboard a spaceship on an epic mission to find humanity a new home. You have the ability to choose your name and gender, a choice that can change your destiny from the very beginning. Quantum Suicide contains 6 courtable options (3 females, 3 males). With their own hopes, desires, personalities, and sexual preferences, you will have to move carefully to earn each character's affections. Each courtable character has at least three posed sprites, each with multiple facial expressions. In addition, all characters are partially voiced by professional Japanese voice actors.
Boasting over 30+ hours of gameplay, you must navigate your way through over 30 different endings, including bad, good, and true endings for all courtable options. Each week, you are thrown into The Deletion Game where you must battle for your survival through a series of puzzles and strategy mini-games as you attempt to see the Everett's mission through to the end...alive.

地球は死んでいます。あなたは人類最後の希望です。 Quantum Suicide|量子自殺(りょうし・じさつ)とは、人類に新しい家を見つけるための壮大なミッションに宇宙船に乗って研究者としてプレイするゲームです。宇宙船の人工知能が壊れてしまい、仲間とともに「削除ゲーム」と言う適者生存ゲームを強いられたあなたは毎週パズルやミニ・ゲームを解決しなければなりません。人類の運命を変えますか? あなたは生き残れますか?
Quantum Suicide|量子自殺では、恋愛する6人 (3人の女性・3人の男性)で構成されています。乗員たちは自分の希望、個性、性的嗜好などを持っているので、それぞれの要求を満たすために慎重にアプローチする必要があります。恋愛相手はすくなくとも三つのポーズや九つの表情の絵があって、相槌の声も含まれています。30時間以上のゲームプレイあり、30以上のエンディングも可能です。
Quantum Suicide is a commercial game scheduled for sale on Steam late 2017.

UPDATE: Quantum Suicide has been successfully Greenlit by Steam. Thank you to all who voted.

MD5# : 7349ebe1035881f01ed986c67d94dc99

It's time to ask yourself: what would you do to survive?
CHARACTERS
The main crew of the Everett are second-generation, ship-born personnel. Each crew member was born and raised for a specific purpose to complete the mission. Unfortunately, due to an 'incident' involving the original crew, the number of second-generation crew members born was dramatically reduced.

You play as a second-generation, ship-born researcher. Following in your parents footsteps, you research inter-dimensional travel as a way to solve Earth's resource crisis. Due to an 'incident' involving the original crew, you were raised in a small self-contained shuttle, separated from the Everett. The events of Quantum Suicide begin when this shuttle is recovered by the Everett, and you settle into your new home.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
CHARACTER ART
Quantum Suicide's lead artist is Ygor Lisboa aka Danzzila. We were drawn to him for his wonderful, expressive Japanese style and he is responsible for our character design, sprites, and CG art. Each main character has three poses, with three expressions per pose. Supporting characters currently only have one pose, with multiple expressions. Alternate character designs for parallel dimensions are in planning for the final game.

BACKGROUND ART
Ah, background art. You are hardly given the credit you deserve but as soon as you are lacking, it becomes apparent. The interior of the Everett was designed with a sparse, military practicality in mind, but we also wanted it to be atmospheric and vivid enough to be visually interesting for the player. To get the best art, you have to go to the best artist so we went to background extraordinaire, Owen Carson.

The scenes capture the beauty of the ship, the wonder of space, and the eerieness of a closed circuit situation. With at least 20 variations for the background to date (with plans for a few extra for the few game), the Everett will come alive, even if you don't stay that way!

GRAPHIC USER INTERFACE
Our Game User Interface (GUI) is designed to be intuitive, and add to the overall science fiction tone of the game. Further screens such as CG Gallery, Music Player, Mini-Games, Archive Files, and Bonus Content are to be added as the game is created. The Quantum Suicide Logo and the GUI were designed by the talented Luna Chai Li.

MUSIC
What would intergenerational space travel be without a great soundtrack? Quiet. No one wants quiet. Quiet is scary, and cold, and sad. To ensure that your travels among the stars is not a quiet affair, we've had a soundtrack lovingly crafted by our talented musicians. We've been lucky enough to be given permission to use the song 変異個体-ГЕNЕ- by SEVERUS WAND for our atmospheric trailer currently in production but we also have a complete Original Soundtrack by Wojciech Wojnowski.

ABOUT US
Cotton Candy Cyanide (CCCN-) is made up of two people: Ashley Pearson (Nyx) and Tina Richards (MoltenCherry). We often go by our gamer tags.

We created CCCN- to create games that we, ourselves, wanted to play. Both of us greatly enjoy games such as Dangan Ronpa, Virtue's Last Reward, and Persona; games that challenge us, make us fall in love with characters, and then break our hearts. Unfortunately, we found these sorts of titles scarce in the Western gaming market. While Steam has been exploding with visual novels recently, we wanted to create something a little darker than a slice of life, romantic novel. We've got 'Cyanide' in our name for a reason.

WHY ARE WE POSTING ON LEMMASOFT
There are a multitude of reasons that we are posting on the Lemmasoft Forums.

Firstly, we are hoping that by posting here we might gain some support from people as passionate about Visual Novels as we are. As many of you know, creating a game isn't always rainbows and butterflies. We find it really comforting to know that we have a community behind us.

Secondly, we've put a lot of money, and time, and love into Quantum Suicide. This is our first project and we are trying our very hardest to make Quantum Suicide the highest quality product possible. Now that we are approaching the end of our initial 'concept' phase, we are simply bursting at the seams with excitement to share our project with you! Although we've not posted frequently on Lemmasoft, we've greatly enjoyed reading through everyone's progress on their own creations, and we are anxious to share Quantum Suicide with others who may be just as thrilled as us about its production.

At this stage, it would truly mean the world to us if you could offer some feedback. This is the first time we're presenting a thorough overview to the public. If, after reading this, you may be interested in playing this game, please tell us why, and if you aren't, please tell us also! Any constructive feedback you can provide would be super helpful towards our development of Quantum Suicide and would be deeply appreciated by us.

And finally, if you would like to stay up to date with the progress of Quantum Suicide, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Last edited by CottonCandyCyanide on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:21 am, edited 13 times in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Quantum Suicide [Sci-Fi/Suspense/Romance] [GxB][GxG][BxB

#2 Post by Ran08 »

I forgot to comment on this one yesterday! :D

I think it's super interesting, not to mention the art is absolutely pretty. <3 You're right about the Japanese style part; it does feel like the art could be in an anime or something. I'm curious about the 50+ hours of gameplay. That's like... woah. :o How many routes will this game have? :D

Oh, and also, how much are you planning to release it for? :)

2017 is still a long way, haha, but nevertheless, I wish you the best of luck on this project! I really do hope it won't get cancelled or anything. <3 Pretty please.

CottonCandyCyanide

#3 Post by CottonCandyCyanide »

Hi Ran~ <3

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your enthusiasm fuels our VN-gines (Sorry - I love puns, when Nyx sees this post she'll punch me, but worth it)

So, not to give away too much, but there are 13 main routes, each with true, bad and good endings (not to mention maybe a few more :P ). Having such a large project is how we are currently estimating 50+ hours.

This may seem quite large, especially for a first project, but we are going hard, not going home - and we hope this already reflects in the art etc.
We will have a demo up shortly and hope that you will take the time to give it a try!

As for the release price - Nothing is yet set in stone, however I do know somewhere you can get it cheaper if you are interested *wink wink* *cough* KickStarter *cough*
We will have the link up and ready (of course with a demo) as soon as it's available.

Thank you so much again for your comments! We hope...no, we WILL NOT disappoint you!
<3 MoltenCherry and Nyx.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#4 Post by Ran08 »

Aww, you're welcome!

Hahaha! Don't worry, your puns aren't that bad... hahaha. 😂

Yeah, that sure is long! But it's okay! You're right, you're free to dream big. 😄 I'll just wait right here. Hahaha. Just... do your best, okay? I'd hate to see such an awesome project get cancelled. 💔 (There's this one game I had been feeling excited about, but after launching a KS it got cancelled and it was so heartbreaking.)

A demo?! A demooo. Oh my gosh, yes, I will play that demo. ❤️ I'm even going to make a review of it, if that's alright with you, hahaha. Okay, now you got me even more excited! November 20, right? 😄

Oh, I see what you did there. 😝

The best of luck to you and the whole team!

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

#5 Post by ZennyZenZen »

Hot damn this looks so good. I have to wait 2 years for this. Wow.

I like the concept and love the art. This needs to be done asap.

CottonCandyCyanide

#6 Post by CottonCandyCyanide »

Thanks again Ran <3

We would love you to do a review of the demo! Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!
You're excitement is making me excited!! Lets hold hands and jump up and down and squeal!!

*Holds your hands*

Also, I am so determined to get this made! I am not one to break pretty girls hearts *wink*

CottonCandyCyanide

#7 Post by CottonCandyCyanide »

Hi Zenny Pai~

Thanks for your comments! Sorry that it is estimated at 2 years, however, we are currently time lined for earlier but we know that we should account for "oh -oh" moments, hence 2017.
Nyx and I will work hard on it to bring it to you, however, we would rather bring you a polished game than a broken one <3

please....wait for us Zenny~....we were meant to be *puts arm outstretched while walking backwards*

cath-mg
Regular
Projects: Ashworth's Last Princess (Resigned), Kokorogawari
Organization: Precatio彡
Tumblr: cath-mg
Github: cath-mg

#8 Post by cath-mg »

You guys had me on 'A Visual Novel set in Space' (which was basically the first sentence on your post but whatever).
Also the part where it says:
In addition, all characters are partially voiced by professional Japanese voice actors.
almost made me screech in excitement.
The sprites looks well done. I love the simple colors and clean art. One question though: Since the player can select their gender, will there be a male version of the protagonist's sprites? I am utterly amazed by the CGs. They're all amazingly detailed and pleasing to the eyes. GUI really fits the space/sci-fi theme and it's really simplistic, which is lovely.
Definitely interested in the game and can't wait for the demo to be released :)

CottonCandyCyanide

#9 Post by CottonCandyCyanide »

cath-mg wrote:You guys had me on 'A Visual Novel set in Space' (which was basically the first sentence on your post but whatever).
Hey Cath-Mg! Thanks for your interest in our game, we're so excited that you're excited! \(^w^)/
cath-mg wrote: One question though: Since the player can select their gender, will there be a male version of the protagonist's sprites?
In answer to your question, yes! There will be male and female protagonist sprites and male/female versions of the CGs.
We have updated our original post to include the protagonist and A.I character profiles for your viewing pleasure. XP

Fluxx
Regular
Projects: Magnificent//Omniversal Love, Nature's Kingdom
Organization: Natural Freedom
IRC Nick: Fluxx
Tumblr: superfunspacejam

#10 Post by Fluxx »

Looking forward to this. For a first game it looks very professional, very impressive stuff.
CURRENT PROJECTS (Ongoing)
Nature's Kingdom - A Girl Wishes for Utopia -
Web Novel that takes place in the same universe as Magnificent//Omniversal Love.

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

Re: Quantum Suicide [Sci-Fi/Suspense/Romance] PLAY THE DEMO

#11 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Really nice art, I particularly like Shizuka's character design, and the UI is very cool!
The demo download didn't work for me (I tried it twice and both times it told me the archive was corrupt), but it could have been something on my end.
ImageImageImageImage

CottonCandyCyanide

#12 Post by CottonCandyCyanide »

Hello LeonDaydreamer!!

Thank you so muuuch for your comments on the GUI and your love for Shizuka!

As for:
LeonDaydreamer wrote: The demo download didn't work for me (I tried it twice and both times it told me the archive was corrupt), but it could have been something on my end.
We have double checked and downloaded on multiple computers in multiple locations and we aren't having any issues with the file...so unfortunately it may be on your end, or as all good breakups go - "It's not me, it's you :P"
We have edited the main post to contain the MD5#. If you could check your downloaded file against this number, it will check the integrity of the data :D

Thank you so much for bringing this to light though! We will also have a look at having it hosted else where, and if we can, we will PM you with the location so you can try again <3

Thanks again for your comment and your support!! <3

cath-mg
Regular
Projects: Ashworth's Last Princess (Resigned), Kokorogawari
Organization: Precatio彡
Tumblr: cath-mg
Github: cath-mg

#13 Post by cath-mg »

Just want to tell you guys I played the Demo and I enjoyed it a lot! Although some sentences sounded a little awkward to me
e.g. "Thanks very much" (Thank you very much?) or "We're doing everything we can to understand the programming" (We're doing everything we can to understand the program?)
I really love the backgrounds; they're beautifully drawn and so detailed. Futuristic + simple looks are my aesthetics so thumbs up for that. Also, I loved
the EcoLounge most; it's gorgeous!
Looking forward to see more updates. Keep up the good work!

CottonCandyCyanide

#14 Post by CottonCandyCyanide »

Hi Cath-mg !!

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy that you enjoyed the demo!!

We will ensure that we try to sound a little less...awkward...><' You are completely correct, those sentences do sound strange... T.T We will try harder in future to avoid awkwardness - Nothing ruins a moment better than a 'huh?' moment when reading.

Thanks for the love for the backgrounds too! That is my personal favourite, Nyx favourite didn't make the demo, and she's still sad about it...so perhaps something to look forward to :P

Fluxx
Regular
Projects: Magnificent//Omniversal Love, Nature's Kingdom
Organization: Natural Freedom
IRC Nick: Fluxx
Tumblr: superfunspacejam

#15 Post by Fluxx »

Did a quick run though. Intriguing, it's very good for a short demo. There was an issue with the tense of one sentence but that's not really a big deal. I was thrown right into the action and the end makes me want to learn more about what is going on. Is the voice acting going to be Japanese? Were the sound effects ripped or do you have voice actors?
CURRENT PROJECTS (Ongoing)
Nature's Kingdom - A Girl Wishes for Utopia -
Web Novel that takes place in the same universe as Magnificent//Omniversal Love.