Different pc resolution affect images quality ?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
canonic22
Regular
Tumblr: akira
Deviantart: akira
Github: akira

Different pc resolution affect images quality ?

#1 Post by canonic22 »

So, in my project, all images at a resolution of 1280 x 720 because I make the game in 1280 x 720 resolution. If opened on a different monitor does affect image quality? especially on the monitor that have big difference resolution such as 1920x1080 and smaller screen.

Thanks for the answer.

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

Re: Different pc resolution affect images quality ?

#2 Post by Zetsubou »

Image quality should only change if the game itself is changing resolution to accommodate the different screen resolution.
eg. If you have a 1280x720 game on a 1920x1080 monitor, it will run at a size of 1280x720.
However, if you fullscreen the game, it will run at 1920x1080, causing the images to be stretched, thus resulting in worse image quality.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

canonic22
Regular

#3 Post by canonic22 »

yes I make the default game to fullscreen, so basically it's not a big problem right ?

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

#4 Post by Zetsubou »

It's not a problem. Unless you ship the game with assets of varying resolutions, and have the game swap resolutions depending on the player's screen (which means lots of work and bloat), there's no helping it.
If you make the game 720p, people will understand why playing it in 1080p results in different image quality.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

canonic22
Regular

#5 Post by canonic22 »

thanks for your answer it helps me a lot for my project.